Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrorist shootings and Mosque raid

Banned
    Thanks
    Reports of police snipers, armed police, helicopters, bomb disposal officers and officers with riot style sheilds, shouting at anyone trying to leave their house to get back inside, on Harrow Road.

Or, to sum it up - Its all kicked off.

Thanks
    At the end of the day it could have been 10 dead innocent civilians or one dead dirty ******** of a terrorist.

If we show them slack then they are going to carry on doing it.

PS: I think we should reintroduce hanging, drawing and quartering for terrorists.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivatePyle
    I heard he had wires hanging out, so he was either a bomber or an ipod wearer, either way, job well done.
    ROTFLMAO!

Naughty, naughty.

Thanks
    Best guess... The guy shot dead lived ion Harrow road, and they are searching his house.. Closed off in case of boobytraps etc.

Thanks
    Another passenger on the train, Anthony Larkin, told BBC News the man had been wearing a "bomb belt with wires coming out".
    A job well done. I hope that copper gets a bravery award.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4706787.stm

Thanks
    Hey, it must be true then.

Thanks
    Police believed the Asian man was responsible for an attempted attack on the nearby Oval Tube on Thursday and had set up surveillance on him.

Brunt said officers had followed the man from his home and that the initial plan was to arrest him.

Despite temperatures of around 22C (72F), officers and witnesses said the man was wearing a heavy coat under which it was feared may have been a bomb

Brunt said: "Intelligence officers had suggested he was the bomber from Thursday. Officers were confronted with the very real possibility that this man did have a bomb."

Initial examinations though, said Brunt, did not discover any explosives on the suspect.
    From
    This Sky News Article
    Tom Scott,
    Scancom.co.uk/HEXUS Liason

Thanks
    • Allen's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus VIII Gene
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 6600K
      • Memory:
      • 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4-3000
      • Storage:
      • 256GB Samsung 950 PRO NVMe M.2 (OS) + 2 x 512GB Samsung 960 EVO in RAID 0 (Games)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti OC
      • PSU:
      • XFX P1-650X-NLG9 XXX 650W Modular
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node 804
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" BenQ XL2730Z + 23" Dell U2311H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 200Mbps
    Quote Originally Posted by Rave
    SO19 may or may not be hard to get into, but that doesn't mean they don't shoot innocent people.

http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=45161
    Hey, it must be true then.

They gave the option to this guy to stop and they warned him, he ran away so they shot him. What innocent person is gonna be STUPID enough to run away from armed police with the threats we have on our city at the moment??

It's no different from the story you linked above. They told him to stop and he raised the leg up and the officer thought his life was at risk, so he was shot. Yes it was very unfortunate, but if you don't do as armed police say, wether you're innocent or guilty, then you're gonna get forced to do what they say.

Still, obviously the police (and witnesses) lie so they can get away with walking around shooting anyone they like, don't they Rave?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen
    It's no different from the story you linked above. They told him to stop and he raised the leg up and the officer thought his life was at risk, so he was shot.
    Oh yeah, which is why the officers in that case were arrested (and then bailed) a month later after new evidence turned up. And the was at all the idiots saying stuff like:

Quote Originally Posted by alexander
    At the end of the day it could have been 10 dead innocent civilians or one dead dirty ******** of a terrorist.
    ....when as far as anyone knows the guy who got shot today was unarmed, and the police have yet to confirm who he was and why they suspected him of anything. Yes it seems likely he was a terrorist but it's not definite- he could have been a petty thief, or a failed asylum seeker, or a paranoid schizophrienic etc. etc. There are many reasons why someone would run from the police.

And come to think of it:

Quote Originally Posted by Allen
    They gave the option to this guy to stop and they warned him, he ran away so they shot him. What innocent person is gonna be STUPID enough to run away from armed police with the threats we have on our city at the moment??
    Were you there? Did you see them show him their police badges, tell him they were armed, and order him to stop? Or are you just assuming you know what happened? The men were apparently in plain clothes, and may well have been security forces rather than the police. How do you know that they gave him every chance to stop? There's no guarantee the guy even spoke English, I know I've spent weeks roaming round countries where I don't speak a word of the language carrying a backpack. Who knows what I would have done had I been surrounded by a bunch of guys in plain clothes aiming weapons at me?

But hey, the police said it, and in your nice little fantasy world Allen they always get it right and are always acting in our best interests so anyone who raises doubts and asks questions must be a paranoid conspiracy theorist right?

Thanks
    I know I've spent weeks roaming round countries where I don't speak a word of the language carrying a backpack. Who knows what I would have done had I been surrounded by a bunch of guys in plain clothes aiming weapons at me?
    Freeze for a moment, then SLOWLY raise your hands???

Doesn't really matter if they're police or criminals, tbh, the choice of response is a bit of a no brainer. Unless you think you can outrun a bullet.
    DFI LanParty UT NF4 SLI-D; AMD64 3500+ Winchester ;
    2x XFX 6600GT ; Corsair XMS3200XLPRO TWINX 1GB;
    Dell 2405FPW TFT.

Thanks
    • oralpain's system
      • Motherboard:
      • DFI "Blood Iron" P35-T2RL
      • CPU:
      • Intel Pentium E2140 @ 400x8 (3.2GHz), 1.375v
      • Memory:
      • Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800 CL4 @ 500MHz (DDR 1000), 4-4-4-12-T2, 2.3v
      • Storage:
      • 2x Seagate ST3250410AS
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVIDIA 8800GTS (G92) 512 @ 783MHz core, 1836MHz shader, 1053Mhz memory, stock cooling 70% fan speed
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic SS-500GB
      • Case:
      • Antec P182, with some small modifications
      • Monitor(s):
      • ASUS VW222U
      • Internet:
      • Time Warner "Road Runner" Cable - 16 megabit downstream, 1 megabit upstream
    I agree with both Rave and Pyle.

I don't know if this guy was a dangerous criminal or a total innocent, but with the information available at the time I would not have taken any chances.

As for the actions being "brave" or being worthy of some medal/award, that is total BS. Handing out accolades for stuff that is simply part of their job is a bad idea. There was nothing exceptional about this in the slightest.
    Last edited by oralpain; 22-07-2005 at 10:33 PM.

Homestarr Mod
    Thanks
    hope they shot him in the balls first.

Thanks
    Do you realise how bloody heavy those things are?

When my sister graduated from police college a couple of years ago she let me hold one and I could tell why they push them along the floor a lot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Errr...me
    I MSN offline people
    6014 3DMk 05

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by oralpain
    As for the actions being "brave" or being worthy of some medal/award, that is total BS. Handing out accolades for stuff that is simply part of their job is a bad idea. There was nothing exceptional about this in the slightest.
    Of course this is all speculation and we are still not 100% sure exactly what had happened. And perhaps this kind of thing is nothing special for your country, but in this country this kind of thing does not happen that often. We thankfully don't have you culture of violence and guns here and todays event were very exceptional. IF it had turned out that the guy had a bomb belt, then i think that it was very brave, regardless of where it was part of his job or not. People got bravery awards for 'just doing their job' after 9/11. And so they should, its not exactly a normal day at the office. A guy I went to school with was recommended for a Victora Cross for his actions in Afganistan. He did not get it but I thing he should have personally. The thing is that while it's thier job they can still be rewarded for that extra effort or bravery. But this is of course all hearsay for now. Might turn out he should not have done it so I really don't know if i should get one. What a call to have to make, I would not like that job at all.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PrivatePyle
    Was it one of the clear ones that are like riot shields or one of the black ones with a window in it, they do look pretty cumbersome but then they are vital bits of kit.
    It was the clear one. They are suprisingly large (at the time at least)
    I MSN offline people
    6014 3DMk 05

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous_dom
    Of course this is all speculation and we are still not 100% sure exactly what had happened. And perhaps this kind of thing is nothing special for your country, but in this country this kind of thing does not happen that often. We thankfully don't have you culture of violence and guns here and todays event were very exceptional. IF it had turned out that the guy had a bomb belt, then i think that it was very brave, regardless of where it was part of his job or not. People got bravery awards for 'just doing their job' after 9/11. And so they should, its not exactly a normal day at the office. A guy I went to school with was recommended for a Victora Cross for his actions in Afganistan. He did not get it but I thing he should have personally. The thing is that while it's thier job they can still be rewarded for that extra effort or bravery. But this is of course all hearsay for now. Might turn out he should not have done it so I really don't know if i should get one. What a call to have to make, I would not like that job at all.
    Well in the reports on C4 this afternoon they said that "initial checks did not show explosives" and with a person there's not many palces to hide explosives so the officer made a call.

It may have been the right one to prevent remote detination, but none of the other bombs involved in this sequence of events were remote detonated.
    I MSN offline people
    6014 3DMk 05

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information