Thread: Network Connection Dropouts

Thanks

Question Network Connection Dropouts

Hi,

Yesterday I received my shiny new 3XS system. *So nice!* - thank you!

One frustrating problem I have at the moment is that the internet connection (wired, into adsl router) keeps dropping - like once every 15 seconds or so, but quickly reconnects - usually within 1 second.. so the router doesn't show up as having to recycle etc. It just means that browsing / downloading / streaming is incredibly limited!!

Any ideas what it could be? I've uninstalled/reinstalled drivers.

Tomorrow I have someone bringing round a different router/network cable to make sure it isn't a problem that end (although I did think it seemed coincidental that it's only just started today. My laptop (over wireless) doesn't seem to be having any issues...

I've contacted my ISP but they have said it's not their end and they can't even see these quick disconnect/reconnects I'm getting from their end..

So I'm not sure what else I can do - are there some settings that are conflicting somewhere/somehow? This is the first time I've had this particular problem!

---- the connection dropped about 20 times whilst writing this FYI !

Thanks

Re: Network Connection Dropouts

Just thought I'd post an update / solution ...

My friend brought round a different router so installed that along with the network cables that he had brought around, only to find that the connection problem remained!

However.... I decided (by sheer coincidence) to try plugging in a brand new network cable and this solved the problem! So obviously both my and his network cables had some issues within them and it was sheer luck that I thought that maybe his network cable had a similar issue.

I then handed his router back to him and off he toddled. Plugged my one back in and the problem was still there (doh!!).. so I suppose there must have been issues with both the network cable and the router! ... so a new router is on the Christmas list

So hopefully problem solved by getting new router and cable. Will know for sure once Father Christmas comes and gives me a new router

ps - it's annoying though as I have free battlefied 3 to download and can't because connection keeps dropping and 'Origin' doesn't seem to auto-resume downloading. Noooooo !

Thanks
    • spoons33's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS P8Z68-V PRO
      • CPU:
      • i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 120Gb Corsair Force GT, 2X 256Gb CRUCIAL M4 SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2 X EVGA GTX 680 SC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX 850
      • Case:
      • LIAN LI PC-60FNB
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Benq 2420T Ducky Keyboard
      • Internet:
      • VM 60Mb Zowie am mouse

Re: Network Connection Dropouts

I don't want to burst your bubble m8 but im assuming that your connection was ok on your old pc, if so then the chance that your network cable became faulty as soon as you plugged it into your new pc would be unlucky, the fact that both yours and your friends become faulty at the same time is unlikely and then to have your network cable your friends network cable and your router to all develop a fault as soon as you get your new pc is not impossible but close to it...I would try a bit more trouble shooting first, can you reset your router back to its default settings maybe? do you have a cheap pci network card you could try? btw bf3 rocks

Thread Information