Thread: Insane enquiry

Registered+
    Thanks

Insane enquiry

Hiya,

Have been looking at getting a seriously beefed up music machine - I notice in the super computer section there are motherboards with dual processors (and some serious expansion options) - Would machine like that work with modern DAW or would the DAW be blind to those dual CPU or even the tesla stuff (the tesla option just out of curiosity and can imagine there would be huge latency issues?)

Thanks
    • Butuz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z77 MPOWER
      • CPU:
      • I7 3770K @ 4.6
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair XMS 1866
      • Storage:
      • Sandisk SSDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 3xR9 290
      • PSU:
      • be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10
      • Case:
      • Inwin H Frame
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7

Re: Insane enquiry

What DAW are you using. The DAW would need to have built in support for Nvidia Cuda or OpenCL in order to be able to use something like a Nvidia TESLA card. I would suspect that the majority of DAWs do not though I could be wrong!

Butuz

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Insane enquiry

Quote Originally Posted by Butuz View Post
    What DAW are you using. The DAW would need to have built in support for Nvidia Cuda or OpenCL in order to be able to use something like a Nvidia TESLA card. I would suspect that the majority of DAWs do not though I could be wrong!

Butuz
    Good point - so what about the motherboards? - basically I would need the maximum cpu configuration / ram speed for a system that would essentially be running Ableton and a shedload of of cpu whoring vsts at a very high sampling rate. At the moment my i7 just melts with the new vsts around and the machines listed in 3xs for audio production don't offer much headroom for large productions - can't see why multiple cpus (not talking about cores) are not offered as a top end version? - I know a lot of people who'd be after units like that.

Thread Information