Thread: Enquiry (Dream PC & APR)

Registered+
    Thanks

Enquiry (Dream PC & APR)

As of lately, I've been browsing various "Computing" sites, only to recognize the "DreamPC" category on scan's website. The models and specifications on display are remarkable, and that's a type of system I'd like to accommodate at home. However, I've lost my touch when it comes to hardware and making decisions on configuration.

What's the best model to go for? And should I take up a financial plan, in which monthly installments are paid. I'm only 19 years of age but my 300 pound monthly wage should cover this? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Enquiry (Dream PC & APR)

Bump.

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media

The specification of the system is really down to the type of usage your planning to use the system for, but all the high-end systems like this are power horses.

Out of the ranges you have the scorpion-X which is a watercooled PC based around the Z68 and 2600K. The black widow is now based on the Z68 with the 2700K and is also watercooled.

The white tiger is based on the newer sandy bridge-e series of hardware which gives better performance under heavy loads due to things like quad channel memory controller.

In regards to the finance, the standard finance we offer is the 9 months interest free period where you have 9 months to raise the remainder of the balance of the finance that is outstanding and then pay this off with the finance company before you incur any interest charges.

Please note, we have no way of knowing if people will pass the finance checks without you actually applying for it.

Best Regards,

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lee @ SCAN View Post
    The specification of the system is really down to the type of usage your planning to use the system for, but all the high-end systems like this are power horses.

Out of the ranges you have the scorpion-X which is a watercooled PC based around the Z68 and 2600K. The black widow is now based on the Z68 with the 2700K and is also watercooled.

The white tiger is based on the newer sandy bridge-e series of hardware which gives better performance under heavy loads due to things like quad channel memory controller.

In regards to the finance, the standard finance we offer is the 9 months interest free period where you have 9 months to raise the remainder of the balance of the finance that is outstanding and then pay this off with the finance company before you incur any interest charges.

Please note, we have no way of knowing if people will pass the finance checks without you actually applying for it.

Best Regards,
    In response to what you've said, I play all types of games, the most demanding being Crysis. I want something that's going to run these types of games in maximum detail, without a hitch.

The "White Tiger" is something I've defiantly been looking at, it looks fantastic. Not to mention it would be insanely useful for things such as compiling and map rendering, as I do a lot of work with the Crytek 3 engine.

The only reason these options are available to me is due to the credit plan, in which I can pay monthly payments for 2 years, whilst the rate is 19.9apr. The credit check itself would be fine as I would do it under a member of the family, with a larger income (I assume).

If I were to purchase this using the plan, what do the steps involve? And how long will it take for the system to be fully built. I was also wondering is the "apr" itself fixed or is it subject to change? I don't want to end up paying another 2-3 thousand pounds because it's changed throughout the month/year, that would just ruin me.
    Last edited by Anomalistics; 13-04-2012 at 04:28 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks

Would appreciate a reply when you're back tomorrow

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media

Gaming and modelling/rendering - definately need a bit of power and the white tigers a great idea!

The steps involved with the finance are as follows ;

1) decide on the final specification and ask for a formal quotation.
    2) if everything on the quote is fine, if you reply back to the formal quotation the next step is to get the finance application forms sent to your email address.
    3) Insert information into V12finance application and await the results of the credit-checking.

If everything goes through you will need to sign and send the paperwork to the finance company who will then release the order and send the funding. We would then raise the system internally once the v12 funding has been deposited into our account and in general the average timescales for a finance is around 5 days leadtime depending on the postal system

Registered+
    Thanks

Appreciate the comments, but I've still got some things to ask on behalf of your systems, if you don't mind. As of lately, I've been looking at the "3XS Z68 Black Widow Xtreme", it looks like a much more affordable choice than the titan, simply because I'm a student. The computer itself looks great and I'm possibly looking to purchase it over the weekend (or at least get approval from the credit plan) , but I'm covering all of my horizons before anything is done.

1. To put it bluntly, I'm not a fan of the case. Although it looks smart, it's just too costly. For instance, it costs "£189.19" and then an additional "£174.99" just for the side panels, that's "364.18" just for a case. Now, I know what the case has to accommodate but is their anything that can be done? (This isn't a huge matter, although it's not hurt to check)

2. Now, the main reason I wanted to purchase this system was down to it's water-cooling capabilities. It looks stunning, and I just wanted to get a confirmation on what would be water-cooled? I plan to incorporate 3 "2GB EVGA GTX 680", a "Intel Core i7 2700K" and the "Asus ROG Maximus IV Extreme-Z" as provided in the configuration. I was also wondering if you took into consideration the preference of tubing and colors. For instance, I've always been a fan of blue & red and this would be the primary color I'd like to replicate within the case, whilst not making the tubing so large. I did have a look at the individual parts within the specification, but some didn't appear to display as they're either missing or the name has been changed. Would it possible to have 2 colours as it is a duel-loop setup? Ideally I'm aiming for something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKQPTVa1J7I, in which two UV fluids exist on either side. This would make definite eye-candy from both the side and front perspective =]

3. Another concern was the warranty. For example, if I was to purchase the "3XS Z68 Black Widow Xtreme" and the water-cooling leaked and damaged my components, would I be covered? I just want to ensure I'm covered on all components and the system itself entirely, otherwise I'd be very upset.

4. In addition to what may have been said before, in previous posts, I was also wondering about the build-time. Now I know "3Xs" is a department based on "enthusiast" builds, but after viewing certain forum topics and viewing the activity in the "3XS Systems - Custom Build Pictures", I'm having a hard time pinpointing why it is taking weeks to build these machines (Just curious!).

5. Lastly I just wanted to go back to finance again, with this being the most importance due to costs. Let's say for example my configuration and total cost sums to "£4,207.60", will the 19.9%APR cost monthly "£137.46" for 36 months? I need to know the exact figure. And don't worry, I've taken into account the 10% deposit, I just want to ensure that the payments each month are statistically correct.

Finally, I'd just like to say thanks for your time and I'm sorry to continue babbling, it's all for a good cause!
    Last edited by Anomalistics; 23-04-2012 at 12:22 AM.

Registered+
    Thanks

As i didn't receive a reply today I've decided to use the query system. However, now that I've got my query number, I don't know where to enter it on the site to find out if a member of staff replied back. I want to purchase the computer Wednesday, come on guys!

At the moment, I'm just hoping it's all automated through e-mail, so I'll know when someone has replied ;P
    Last edited by Anomalistics; 23-04-2012 at 05:42 PM.

Thread Information