Thread: Day after proposed build date, but still nothing has happened.

Registered+
    Thanks

Day after proposed build date, but still nothing has happened.

Okay, so I originally ordered my custom built system on April the 21st.

I thought it would take a maximum of 10 days to build, and so was pretty annoyed when I got a build date of the 8th of May. Nonetheless I waited it out, and had a look at the end of the day yesterday to see that no progress had been made on my computer. I emailed them at around 3pm and still haven't had a reply back as to what's happening.

I bought from Scan originally due to the fact that I had exams until the 30th, and didn't have enough time to OC any build that I made - I wanted to show the build to my friend who was visiting the country until the 2nd. Now he's gone and I have no exams, and i'm thinking I could have done this all myself in half the time for less money?

Quite dissapointed really, as I had previously had a lot of faith in Scan.

Thanks
    • Philipp's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ROG Impact
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung Evo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 980Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 550W RMX
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" ROG Swift
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 20Mb

Re: Day after proposed build date, but still nothing has happened.

Hello Absolution,

Sorry for the delay in having your system built and despatched, our engineers are currently running slightly behind but your system will start its build process today.

As per your request I will also create the thread for your build pictures

Best Regards

Thanks

Hi Phillip,

I'm in the exact same situation as Absolution having ordered on the 21st April with a build date on the 8th May,
    Just wondering if my system will also start the build process today? I was a bit worried when yesterday rolled by with no update or word of contact.

Thanks

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rafferty_shaun View Post
    Hi Phillip,

I'm in the exact same situation as Absolution having ordered on the 21st April with a build date on the 8th May,
    Just wondering if my system will also start the build process today? I was a bit worried when yesterday rolled by with no update or word of contact.

Thanks
    I've had an email from Philip saying that the build would start later today - fingers crossed!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Absolution View Post
    I've had an email from Philip saying that the build would start later today - fingers crossed!
    Ahhh, thanks for the heads up. Hopefully mine will start later today as well then! Feels like I've been waiting forever but that's probably just because I'm excited to have a good computer for once instead of just a crappy laptop, tbh it's probably for the best that it's taken this long as I'm in the middle of my exams and I know I'd just get distracted by a shiny new rig!

Registered+
    Thanks

Ahhh, thanks for the heads up. Hopefully mine will start later today as well then! Feels like I've been waiting forever but that's probably just because I'm excited to have a good computer for once instead of just a crappy laptop, tbh it's probably for the best that it's taken this long as I'm in the middle of my exams and I know I'd just get distracted by a shiny new rig!
    Haha true true. Which did you go for?

Thanks

Haha true true. Which did you go for?
    Ended up going for the 3XS Z77 Performance GTK2 with an overclocked i5-2500k and a gtx570 How about yourself?
    I'm getting the sinking feeling that my system wont start being built today, tomorrow is looking more likely but as long as it's all in great working order then I'll be happy

Registered+
    Thanks

Ended up going for the 3XS Z77 Performance GTK2 with an overclocked i5-2500k and a gtx570 How about yourself?
    I'm getting the sinking feeling that my system wont start being built today, tomorrow is looking more likely but as long as it's all in great working order then I'll be happy
    I'm going for the 3XS Velocity X79 SLI Extreme without the 2x reference 680's they put in. Going to put a GByte Windforce GTX 680's in it when it arrives, might get another if I feel so inclined.

And yea, looks like building won't start 'till tomorrow. Kind of annoyed because Philip said it'd start today but hey-ho.

Thanks
    • Philipp's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ROG Impact
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung Evo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 980Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 550W RMX
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" ROG Swift
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 20Mb

Hello Guys,

Don't worry were here late catching up on the slight backlog, and rest assured that your systems will be perfect once received.

Shaun, could you please email me your invoice number to philipp@scan.co.uk

Best Regards

Thanks

I'm going for the 3XS Velocity X79 SLI Extreme without the 2x reference 680's they put in. Going to put a GByte Windforce GTX 680's in it when it arrives, might get another if I feel so inclined.
    Very nice! I didn't wanna go that high up as I'm not really an intense gamer and I don't really mind lowering the setting down a notch or two, that said it will be nice being able to play 'The Witcher' games without them looking so fugly.

Thanks Phillip, have just sent the e-mail now, I can forgive a few delays (especially after a bank holiday) as long as the system is awesome in the end

Registered+
    Thanks

Very nice! I didn't wanna go that high up as I'm not really an intense gamer and I don't really mind lowering the setting down a notch or two, that said it will be nice being able to play 'The Witcher' games without them looking so fugly.

Thanks Phillip, have just sent the e-mail now, I can forgive a few delays (especially after a bank holiday) as long as the system is awesome in the end
    My rig is now being built - hooray. There are pictures in the "custom rig" section!

Thread Information