Thread: New Build Ordered - Communication Issues...

Thanks

Question New Build Ordered - Communication Issues...

Hi,

I am a long time customer of Scan, and in the past several years I have spent £1000's on hardware for myself and on behalf of friends and family.

I have always loved and appreciated the excellent service I have received on all of my orders over the years.

I ordered a new 3XS system on the 6th Sep, something I have never done before. I normally build/overclock all my own PCs, but felt like I could trust Scan to do this for me.

After I ordered the new system, I was very shocked to hear that the build can take 3-4 weeks to actually arrive at your door. I only found that out a week after ordering, as I hadnt received any build number and decided to phone and ask if my order had been lost. The phone help was very 'reluctant' to put it nicely.

Since then the lack of communication has been frustrating to say the least.

- I was told the build would commence, on the 19th Sep - Still awaiting parts as of today.
    - I was told delivery would be 24th Sep. I asked that because I'm on holiday during that week could we move the delivery date back to the 1st Oct, this was indeed confirmed by email to be 'noted down', but nothing was updated in my build info page, which is worrying because I have booked the day off work especially.

A week ago, I emailed to ask if I could change my order (850HX PSU instead of 650TX and pay the difference via invoice), I got a response a day later, asking me to reply back and confirm if I did want the change to my order and an invoice emailed to me. (Isnt that what I asked in my original email!?!?). I replied back and confirmed immediatly. That was 3 days ago, and I've heard nothing since. I go on holiday for a week tomorrow and I fear that my build will be delayed now, due to me not being available to pay the (non-existant) invoice for a better PSU.

Im also still waiting for a confirmation that the system will be delivered on 1st October (the day after I get back from my holiday)

This lack of communication is something I didn't expect from Scan, its almost enough to make me want to cancel my order and just order the components seperatly and build and OC the system myself. I could of had the system built and burnt in 2 weeks ago if I had.

I suppose what I'd like is for a member of the 3XS team to call me today to confirm everything with me, hell, I could even pay for the PSU upgrade with my debit card over the phone. Is that too easy?

Does anyone have any advice, because the normal lines of communication are proving to be unfruitful.

I havent lost hope yet, but I am very dissapointed so far...

Thanks
    • drharvey12's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus ROG Rampage IV Extreme
      • CPU:
      • Intel 3960X (C2) @ 4.6ghz (Watercooled)
      • Memory:
      • Corsair X79 Memory Dominator GT 16GB DDR3 2133 MHz CAS 9 XMP DHX Quad Channel
      • Storage:
      • 120GB Corsair FORCE & (2x) Crucial M4 512GB SSD's & 120GB Kingston HyperX 3K & 1TB WD CAVIAR BLACK
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2 x POV TGT Beast GTX 680's in SLI (Watercooled)
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX1000
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 800D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Home Premium
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus VG278HE Nvidia 3D Vision 2 @ 144hz
      • Internet:
      • 100MB Virgin Media Cable Broadband

Re: New Build Ordered - Communication Issues...

Hi Fb333,

I've ordered a few systems and parts off Scan now and have generally found the sales team on the phones to be very helpful. Sometimes it does seem as though responses via email and automated emails are not always sent out when they should be but typically if I'm told something by one of their sales advisors over the phone then that is what generally happens.

My best advice would be to phone up and speak to a member of the sales team as you'll be able to get everything confirmed by them over the phone. They are generally quite happy to phone me back too the same day if there are issues with them being free.

Hopefully they will be able to put your mind at rest before the weekend

Thanks
    • Philipp's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ROG Impact
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 4770K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung Evo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA 980Ti
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 550W RMX
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Node
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" ROG Swift
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 20Mb

Re: New Build Ordered - Communication Issues...

Fb333,

Sorry to hear of the problems that you are having, I will give you a call shortly to go over everything.

We did send you an email today at 9.46 answering your questions....

Best Regards

Thread Information