Thread: Gaming Laptop, only Corsair SSDs? &is "Force 3" better than "Force GT"/"GS"? Neutron?

Thanks

Question Gaming Laptop, only Corsair SSDs? &is "Force 3" better than "Force GT"/"GS"? Neutron?

With the gaming laptops (currently thinking about this one though a bit iffy if the graphics cards will make it more likely to break down when knocked around and making the SSD less useful), will you refuse to install non Corsair brand SSDs?

Is Corsair Force 3 better than Force GT/GS?

I can't find any mention of Force 3 on Anandtech's benchmarks ( anandtech.com/show/6428/corsair-neutron-neutron-gtx-all-capacities-tested/2 ) so I am guessing it might be the same thing?

It's hard to tell if it's better than this new Neutron SSD or not cos of that.

But yeah, those benchmarks from 19th December are showing Corsair stuff as having a definite speed disadvantage to OCZ whereas the price marks aren't much different, I don't really care about brands or um... "sponsorship agreements" so I'm really just after what will give the best value for money before needing to upgrade again in a few years.
    Last edited by Perfectionist; 07-01-2013 at 04:14 AM.

Kie
    Registered+
    Thanks
    • Kie's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Sabretooth TUF, X79 Chipset, Socket 2011
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i7 3930K o/c'd to 4.2 Ghz, Corsair H100 Liquid Cooler
      • Memory:
      • 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz DDR3
      • Storage:
      • 480GB & 120GB Intel 520 Series SSD's, 2TB WD WD20EARX Caviar Green, 2 x LG BH10LS30 Blu-Ray Burners
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2 x EVGA GTX 680's in SLI
      • PSU:
      • Corsair Pro Series Gold 850AX Fully Modular
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster Haf X v.2
      • Operating System:
      • Win 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 3 x BenQ XL2420T
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 2, 150 down, 30 up

Re: Gaming Laptop, only Corsair SSDs? &is "Force 3" better than "Force GT"/"GS"? Neut

I did a lot of research on SSDs before making a decision and came to the conclusion that the 120GB Intel 520 series was the one for me (around March 2012). Reasonably priced, longevity, great warranty and reliability are more important than synthetic benchmark figures, well, to me anyway... It's blazing fast as the boot drive and I would doubt anyone could tell any noticable speed difference between any of the brands under "real" everyday use conditions... System specs in the user pane on the left...

Thanks

Re: Gaming Laptop, only Corsair SSDs? &is "Force 3" better than "Force GT"/"GS"? Neut

Oh, if you look at my link in my sig I actually have an intel in my desktop PC (that Scan happily let us buy before), but I was guessing things have moved on now or something... Yeah you're right about benchmarks to an extent when it's close like that, longevity and how stuff deals with TRIM is quite important and I remember Intel had quite a few problems with that but then got it going very smoothly (which is why I bought that intel before), but I dunno now, I'd need to do a lot of research to catch up to stuff now

Thanks

Hi Perfectionist

Although we only list Corsair SSDs in the online configurator for our gaming laptops you can specify another one when ordering. One of our tech team will then double check that it will be compatible (99.9% of they will be) before confirming your order.

It's just that if we listed all the SSDs that Scan sells then the configurator would take about half an hour to scroll through, so instead we highlight some popular drives from our premier partners, in this case Corsair.

Thread Information