Thread: After all the negative's, a scan positive!

Registered+
    Thanks
    • carlb79's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z77-D3H
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 @ 4.6Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb Corsair Dominator 1800Mhz
      • Storage:
      • OCZ4 240Gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus HD 7970 Matrix Platinum
      • PSU:
      • 650W Corsair
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide Black
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • Hazro 27" IPS
      • Internet:
      • 30Mbit Virgin

Thumbs up After all the negative's, a scan positive!

I recently purchased a 3XS system from scan which after taking a while to arrive, eventually did and was absolutely superb. I soon realised that the graphics card I had ordered was not quite the same spec as the one I received; it was a newer revision that happened to be voltage locked, not good. After posting on here and getting an instant reply from Ben @ Scan, we exchanged emails and he attempted to source me the prior revision. A few days went by and I got an email to say that they couldn't get hold of the earlier version but would exchange the card for another of my choice, brilliant!

I soon ordered the latest overclocking card, the Asus 7970 Matrix Platinum based on reviews that it was an absolute animal and would easily overclock to 1250Mhz+ without breaking a sweat. My new card arrived the next day (great ordering service!) and I set about seeing what it could do. Unfortunately, it wouldn't even break the 1150Mhz limit, the stock clock being 1100Mhz.. pretty poor considering the £100 premium you pay for the card, It'd even crash occasionally at stock clocks.. I again pestered Ben @ Scan and he set about attempting to rectify yet another problem from me, he must love seeing my name pop up in his inbox...!

A few days later I got an email from Mike @ Scan, the returns manager who informs me they are accepting the card back for refund and will arrange a courier collection from my home address free of charge. Now, this is service! After reading so many bad reports from people on these forums, I thought it'd be nice to see a little positive so I decided to share my little story. The card is being collected tomorrow and I hope for a full refund next week sometime when I'll order another card! You have to understand that I'll still need to return the card that I got originally as Ben agreed that I didn't need to be without a working computer, so they are really going that extra mile.

A huge shout out goes out to both Ben (my saviour) and Mike (I'm sure he hates me!) for sorting out this problem, I have ordered all sorts of gadgets, gizmo's and PC parts over my 33 years of on-line life and I can assure you that the service I've gotten from Scan has only ever been first class. I've tried all the other 'leading' e-retailers and I wont ever be returning, Scan 4 life.

Thanks again guys,

Carl.

2. Received thanks from:

Perfectionist (18-01-2013)

Thread Information