Thread: Just few questions I have about the 3XS

Thanks

Just few questions I have about the 3XS

So I'm about to order, two £2500 rigs - I was thinking about just getting a plain one as I don't know so much about overclocking, sure I could look it up, but why not get the experts to do it right? Well thats what I'm doing.

1) My first question would be, do they come assembled?

2) My sencond question is, if they do, do I still get extra wires and things if I bought them on their own. If there is any.

3) Third question, are all the parts brand new?

4) What is the warrenty on these things, 1-2 years? Im really paranoid about them breaking after a day or two, since they are overclocked.

5) Does the overclock not effect its life span, for example a i7 - 3770k overclocked @ 4.6ghz, not like make so it breaks so easily, Id like these to last for atleast 4-5 years.

6) How long does it take to be made and deliverd, I'm counting everyday as it is and everyday is like a week to me right now. I was hoping these would be very fast, like 7 days for delivery and assembly.

7) If I include a windows into the system, do I get the CD with the original box?

Fast response would be great.

jim
    Thanks
    • jim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Sandisk SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX650
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT03
      • Operating System:
      • 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2716DG
      • Internet:
      • 10 Mbps ADSL

Re: Just few questions I have about the 3XS

Since it's the weekend, it may take a while to get a response from Scan, but as an owner of a 3XS system, here is my experience:

1) Yes. I think Scan do 3XS bundles, which aren't, but systems from 3xs.scan.co.uk are pre-assembled systems

2) I got the motherboard and PSU boxes with all the extra cables and bits and pieces, which is useful if I ever need them. As it happens, I haven't fiddled with anything at all since purchase.

3) Yes. If you look at the build logs in the forum, you can see the boxes for all the components.

4) The System has a warranty selector on the build screen - it's at the very bottom. However, IIRC, all components retain their original warranties. So for example, if you buy a 2 year warranty, and the PC breaks in 6 months, Scan will repair it. If after 2 years, 6 months, the PC breaks, they won't repair the PC for free, but if the graphics card fails and the warranty is say 3 years, they will repair/replace the graphics card, as would be the case for any normal GPU purchase.

5) I guess it does, but overclocked CPUs aren't like timebombs. If you overvolt excessively, then you'll severely cut down the lifespan but part of Scan OC'ing it is to ensure that it's done safely. I would personally have no concerns about it lasting 4-5 years. It's not really in their interest for them to die continually!

6) Depends whether they've got a rush on or not, can sometimes take up to a month in worst case scenario. But I think they now have an express option, which may bring it inside your 7 day window - you do have to pay for that.

7) Windows only comes with a box if you buy the Retail version - typically Scan systems would ship with an OEM license which is cheaper, and that doesn't have a box. You should get the CD though. I didn't buy my machine with a windows license so can't say for sure.

Thanks

Thanks for the help, Im pleased with a fast response, I have 2 more questions.

1) Im ordering a few parts apart from the 3xs system, like case, monitor, SDD, and harddrive, optical drives and network cards. Will those come together or, in two different time frames, just wondering.

2) shipping to southern ireland, its possible right? Scan does provide that option? Im just duble checking.

jim
    Thanks
    • jim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z
      • CPU:
      • i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB Sandisk SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX650
      • Case:
      • Silverstone Fortress FT03
      • Operating System:
      • 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2716DG
      • Internet:
      • 10 Mbps ADSL

I'm not really sure on those, not something I have experience of.

When you say you're ordering a case, ssd, hardrive separately, you mean you're ordering an entire PC, with case, motherboard, cpu, memory, prebuilt, and then in addition to that you're also getting a case on its own, a hard-drive on its own etc?

Thanks

Im getting 3XS Edge – Intel Core i7 3770K overclocked @ 4.6ghz, configured 16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum, 1866MHz, H100 hydro, Asus Sabertooth Z77, Gen3, Intel Z77 Chipset, 850W Corsair AX Professional Series Gold - Modular - 80 PLUS Gold, 4GB EVGA GTX 690 - 915MHz GPU, 3072 Cores, 6008MHz GDDR5 and Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit. Thats the 3xs bundle.

Then apart from that getting the NZXT Phantom 820 full towercase, 2TB hard drive, 128gb samsung 840 pro SSD and a benQ 120hertz monitor, x24 asus optical drive, and a network card, to have a complete gaming rig.

Everything that I said above, x2.

Sorry If I confused you, I meant Im buying a bundle.
    Last edited by Hamitlon; 15-04-2013 at 08:10 AM.

Thanks

Right I have only a few more questions for scan guys.

So do the 3XS bundle come assembled? (it doesn't matter to me)

If I buy windows do I get the cd?

Also, when chosing the bundle, there coolers that you chose from, there is no h100i, only h100 is it possible to get the h100i instead?

Oh and if im buying multiple thing apart from the 3XS bundle, do they come in two different delivery's or in one massive one.
    Last edited by Hamitlon; 15-04-2013 at 08:29 AM.

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media

Firstly the overclocked bundles listed on the website are not a fixed list. They are a guide only. If you want to change or create a custom OC bundle, this is possible - if you drop an OLQ Here with the list of hardware you want to be assembled and overclocked as part of an OC bundle, this will be generated for you.

If you are also ordering additional parts, these will be shipped with the OC bundle so everything is sent as 1 shipment with only 1 carriage charge. If you need the order splitting, this is possible but it would mean that there would be 2 carriage charges to cover the shipping.

With the bundles - the CPU is installed, along with the memory and the cooling with the BIOS then set for the required overclock level. This is shipped assembled so upon arrival, its simply a case of installing it into your chosen case.

If you order windows, you get the CD key, installation media and also the COA with it as well

I hope this information helps.

Best Regards,

Thanks

Thank, for the great costumer service A++

Thread Information