Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update required for my new laptop

Registered+
    Thanks

Update required for my new laptop

Hello ,

I ordered LG1710 last wednesday ( 5th June ) . My status is still at number 2 ( awaiting build ). It was due to be delivered tomorrow. Can you tell me were we are up to with the build and when i can expect my laptop. If indeed build has not yet started , when will this be. Some information on the status of my order would be welcomed.

Invoice number - E2058852

Thanks

Tony

Thanks

Re: Update required for my new laptop

Hi barberbookie

I've forwarded your details onto our customer service team who will get back to you shortly about your new laptop.

Registered+
    Thanks

No-one has got back to me yet James. Any update for me on this. Has my build started yet. Status still stays awaiting build . Ordered on 5th june. Still in the dark here and £1400 out of pocket. Spent a few quid with you guys over the years. Deserve better than this. Can somebody get back to me as to were we are up to.

Registered+
    Thanks

Still in the dark here. No contact from anyone. Would like a response now please. Its been nearly 2 weeks. Just want to know whats happening.

Thanks

Wish i'd seen this before I ordered my laptop (same base model) I'd of gone elsewhere if I had.
    Scan are a wonderful company and I couldn't rate them any higher but 3xs have completely dropped the ball.

I'd of hopped for acknowledgement of the order and a timescale within hours of raising the order and then if there was anything that was going to hold the system up (like a lack of the rom drive i'd chosen) that i'd be given the choice of alternative parts or to wait. At least then it would be my decision and I would know what was going on. To hear nothing at all is just not on and i'm not the only one it seems.

Thanks

I'm in the same boat. Well angry and if they don't have my laptop ready by 26th I'm wanting a full refund. Ordered on the 10th and I've been ignored and its not on. The few hundred more to order from competition would have been worth it for some plain manors and customer service. :-( :-(

Thanks

Which rom drive did you order ? I've done some digging and 2 out of the 3 drives on order are no longer available from scan! (End of life)
    The samsung has a model number bump and the sony has a pioneer replacement of similar spec and value.

Got to wonder if our orders are stuck in an automated system and need manual intervention

Thanks

Ordered a Lg1510 laptop with a Panasonic Uj 890a Slimline. Its a total p**s take they should inform customers. If thts all holding it up send it and I'll order a drive from ARIA !! And fit it. I'm only back 26th in UK for 3 days then I'm offshore for another 7wks. I CNT go again with no laptop a cheapy one from tesco maybe in order if I get a refund and order from pwnpc for when I come home in July. There was no probs in taking £1500 of me in the first place. I live in Scotland!! Feel like driving down to scan and find out what's going on

Thanks

There goes my idea then, the panasonic is the only one they do still stock.
    Did you ever get a build number / tracking ability for that ?

Thanks

Nope was informed of delay on CPU would be in stock 16th and laptop would be built and shipped asap. No build number or tracking number. Called them this morning was told that it would be Monday before someone was there to answer my questions. So there understaffed or to much work on....yet no one in on a sat to do over time to clear there back orders. You would like to think they were trying there best but I don't feel it.

Registered+
    Thanks

An update for you guys. The problem is the cpu. They have no stock and appear unsure as to when this is going to come in. I have spoken with Sean and latest update is this Tuesday but i have been told dates before and it has been put back. Not too happy but not a lot i can do at moment except refund which i was told i could have anytime. Will hope they get stock this week otherwise will have to have a rethink as i need this system soon. Scan have always been decent and i have shopped with them for years but feel let down on this one. Should have stated somewhere on site that they have no stock and will be unable to build until stock came in. I presume they are still taking orders as well.
    See what happens this week.

Thanks

Which cpu's did you guys opt for ? I went with the i7-4800mq which is shown as in stock scan, though there is no sign of the 4700 anymore

Thanks

Yeah same here then i7-4800mq. I'll pay more for a 4900 if it allows my laptop to be delivered by mid next week, Jesus I'll even fit it myself!!! Think I'm going to call Monday,I'll opt for refund and order from else where and pay a bit more to have it!! & completed within the week and delivered. Or scan could offer me my laptop with a CPU they do have in stock and should have done this last week and kept thing moving. There not doing themselves any favours, Just tell people the honest truth and not ignore them.

Registered+
    Thanks

Mine is the it 4700mq. Its looking like it applies to all the new notebook haswells. Will keep you posted but anyone out there reading this thread needing there laptop in a hurry , i would have a rethink. Its the lack of updating the customer and the constant chasing around that has let Scan down. Heres hoping they come in early next week.

Thanks

I do wonder how much stock of anything they actually have ...
    It did seem a bit odd to me that they'll have the systems for sale in there store for a week before they announced them on hexus.

As i've said before it would of been nice to have been contacted to say something was out of stock, or even an estimated build / ship date.

I have paid for the system to be shipped to me in 5 working days (true it was the only option, but shouldn't be an option if they cant stick to it)

If my laptop turns up by the 26th i'll be as happy as larry but after this thread i doubt that it will very much

Thanks

Hi all

First of all, we're really sorry that you haven't received your laptops yet.

Unfortunately we've been struggling to get hold of enough Haswell laptop CPUs to fulfill everybody's orders as quickly as we would have liked to. Our customer services team should have got in touch with everybody to explain this but it would appear that this wasn't the case, so we're very sorry about that.

Re the questions over optical drives unfortunately some of the drives did go EOL while I was on holiday last week so I've replaced them with new drives.

Thread Information