Thread: 3XS Laptop build number / schedule

Thanks

3XS Laptop build number / schedule

Hi,
    I placed an order for a custom 3xs laptop on wednesday lunchtime and the checkout suggested that it would of been delivered the next day. I knew this wasn't true as 3xs systems have extra days lead time in order to be built and tested.
    The product page says "LG10 Gaming Laptop built, configured, tested and delivered within 5 working days. (£0.00)"

Which is fine however I expected to have had some feedback from the build team by now with an estimated build / ship date.
    When I goto the 3xs track my build page it wants a build number along with the invoice number, the former I don't have so I can't track it.

The lack of communication has me anxious that something is wrong and that it's going to get delayed.

I filled out a webform at lunch time today asking about the status of the order but i've yet to receive a response to that either, the silence is deafening ...

Edit - Just noticed there was a 3xs section on the forum, could a mod move the thread over to the correct section!
    Last edited by keithwalton; 20-06-2013 at 11:44 PM. Reason: Wrong section

Thanks

Re: 3XS Laptop build number / schedule

Hi Keith

Sorry to hear about the problems you had logging into our website. If you send me your invoice number I'll ask our customer services team to contact you ASAP with an update on your laptop.

Thanks

Invoice number was attached to the post in it's previous location, pm on it's way though, seem's i'm not the only one left in the dark on one of these laptops though

Thanks

Having done some digging through the order page I have found the Sony rom drive I selected is EOL. So not sure why it's a current build option (and an attractive one at that as it's only £5 more than a blu-ray rom)
    The product page suggests that a Pioneer BDR-TD03RT is an alternative to the sony and is of the same specification.
    Can my order be changed to use that drive instead, and it's actually £1 or so cheaper and may I suggest the laptop config page is updated to reflect parts you can actually stock.

There are also some other small errors like the 4900mq is listed with 6mb of cache when infact it has 8mb of l3 cache

Thanks

Hi Keith

Thanks for pointing out the errors in the configurator, I have updated the CPU and optical drive this morning.

Thanks also for sending across your invoice number, one of our CS team will be touch shortly.

Thanks

Hi Keith

You should have received an email from our CS team by the time you read this, with an update on your laptop and confirmation of the change of optical drive.

Thanks

Hi James,
    Yes got an e-mail this morning to say that everything was in stock except for the rom drive which was being changed for a fractionally cheaper model and that they hope to dispatch my laptop early next week.
    I still don't have a tracking number to check what's going on myself though.

Thanks

Hopefully my laptop will be going into build shortly, any news on this ?

Thanks

Still no news on my laptop ?
    Have support gone on holiday again or something.
    My patience is starting to run out ...

Thanks

The laptop arrived on thursday and running really well. The keypad takes some getting used to and still not going the hang of the touch pad, windows 8 charms didnt help for a while!
    If anyone else puts 8.1 on one of these new machines you do need to update all of the drivers, the nvidia card was the biggest stumbling block to get working!

To finish off the story i was finally contacted last tuesday to say my laptop had been built and was undergoing testing and would be shipped wednesday for arrival on thursday. The guy asked if i wanted it put on before 10am delivery or something, but since it was being delivered to my workplace i said no because chances are it would of arrived at work before me.
    I got an e-mail thursday morning to say it would be delivered between 16:30 and 17:30, and the guy turned up 16:32. I didnt mind staying behind to wait for it

Thread Information