• 650W
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 1080p Samsung :LCD
      • Internet:
      • 8Mbps Broadband

Superb After Sales Care

My first (and hopefully last!) RMA with SCAN completed today after the return of my machine from their labs and I wish to comment on their superb after sales care. So here is the brief story.

After returning from holiday a week or so ago I was aghast to find a nasty BSOD upon booting up my PC. It simply did not want to boot - safe mode or no safe mode. My knowledge on PCs is fairly basic at the best of times so I phoned SCAN to ask for their advice. They suggested I tweak a couple of things in the BIOS to check if this error was terminal or not. Given the results they thought it probably was so advised a CPU replacement. I have absolutely no idea how to replace a CPU so asked if I could return it and they said it could be picked up the next day. This was my first pleasant surprise. A next day pickup was remarkable considering I was calling in the afternoon that day.

Low and behold DPD turned up the next day and collected. Over the next week I was kept informed by email of the progress of the RMA and they were very helpful on the phone giving me my invoice number that I had forgotten so I could track it online. I was also reassured the system would be stress tested and the original overclock settings re-applied.

One week later I was emailed that my system was ready for return. I asked if I could change delivery day to Saturday as I work Fridays and I really did expect some resistance to this or at least a weekend delivery surcharge. I got nothing of the sort. An immediate 'yes no problem' and it has indeed turned up today (Saturday) immaculately packaged and running very sweetly indeed.

This is one of the smoothest product returns I have ever had. The charge for carriage and labour was also not excessive. It wasn't cheap by any means but with hindisght for the service I received it was good value.

Just one pointer to the sales team (blame my job in marketing for this suggestion). I really would recommend using RMAs as a sales opportunity. I was genuinly quite surprised I wasn't encouraged to upgrade anything 'whilst my system was on their benches.' And to be honest it was in my mind to upgrade my GFX card at the same time but I convinced myself out of it. I know its strange for a customer to suggest a sales pitch in future but it would be a good revenue driver if the sales team gave a courtesy call to the customer advising on the system repair progress and (gently) offered an upgrade at the same time. Anyway, I digress.

Thanks SCAN. Very happy to have my PC returned in quick time and in great condition. 10/10 service.

2. Received thanks from:

Rob @ Scan (30-08-2013)

Thanks

Re: Superb After Sales Care

Thanks for the great feedback en3sge - really happy to hear that your PC is back with you now and working happily again

Thread Information