Thread: What's Scan's warranty policy on water-cooling graphics cards? Especially ROG ones...

Registered+
    Thanks

What's Scan's warranty policy on water-cooling graphics cards? Especially ROG ones...

I'm currently doing my first custom water build, and I'm contemplating upgrading the graphics card afterwards to a , and I'd like to watercool the card as well, so I was wondering what stance Scan take on watercooling cards? I understand that the answer to this varies with manufacturer, but I reached out to Asus-ROG and they advised me that this is something that is determined by the retailer, in that if the retailer approves the RMA they will honour that decision, but the decision to accept / reject an RMA request on a card was the retailers decision to make. As such it would depend on the retailer whether removing the stock cooler on the Strix RTX3090 to fit EKWB watercoolers (front and back) would invalidate the warranty.

Where I am at is it's a two and a half grand card that I am considering purchasing (subject to stock) and want to water cool it mainly because I have seen articles & videos detailing just how hot the memory chips on the back of the 3090 can get, but I want to make sure I am covered by warranty and was wondering if anyone knew Scan's stance on this?

Thanks

Re: What's Scan's warranty policy on water-cooling graphics cards? Especially ROG one

Scan rarely come here anymore, you would be better off emailing them or phoning for a faster response
    Jon

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: What's Scan's warranty policy on water-cooling graphics cards? Especially ROG one

OK, thanks for the headsup, I'll shoot them an email :-)

Thread Information