Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am shocked. Terrible scan service.

Thanks

I am shocked. Terrible scan service.

I am rather peeved at the moment. I made a phone order with Saturday delivery and got an email saying that one of the items was not in stock. I phoned into the sales team, only to be assured that the item was in stock and that my order was being dispatched for saturday delivery. I recieved no email updates, so phoned this morning to see what was happening and was assured that my order had been sent.

It got to 12.45 and I though, 'oh dear, not citylink being rubbish again', so I phoned scan. I was then told that my order has not been dispatched, because the previously out of stock item could not be found in the warehouse.

I have cancelled the order and scan, despite their free postage, have dropped way down my companies to order from.

Not happy at all.
    Not around too often!

Thanks
    menthal

I was the person you spoke to in sales who passed you to our customer service department. You made your order on the 24/05/07 in which we understood everything was in stock so a Saturday delivery could take place. Unfortunately on the 25/05/07 we realised that we had a stock issue with one of your items (something that we thought was in stock actually was not) so we emailed you to let you know this and for us to make a Saturday delivery you would either have to remove this or change it for an alternative. No change was made so hence no Saturday delivery I do apologise but we did make you aware of this.

Best Regards

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Thanks
    You have not read the above. I phoned yesterday and was assured it was in stock and that my order would be dispatched AFTER the email was sent to me.
    Not around too often!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by menthel View Post
    You have not read the above. I phoned yesterday and was assured it was in stock and that my order would be dispatched AFTER the email was sent to me.
    I can read please do not insult my intelligence,

We sent an email to say it was a stock discrepancy from stores

for example : they have looked for the product which Sales (different dept) can see is in stock but stores who physically pick the stock can not find.

that tells me it is a stock discrepancy to which we emailed you to inform.

Surely off the email we have sent clearly stating it is a stock discrepancy it is obvious to presume it is exactly what it says?

Regards

Thanks
    I received the, email, phoned scan and was told it was in stock and could delivered. I took that to mean the problem had been sorted. It was made worse by being told that my order was out for delivery when I phoned this morning.

edit:

The email only states that the item was temporarily out of stock and not that there was a stock discrepancy.
    Last edited by menthel; 26-05-2007 at 02:12 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar, with additional info.
    Not around too often!

Thanks
    Please feel free to read post above as it actually does explain all.

I received your email, phoned scan and was told it was in stock and could delivered. I took that to mean the problem had been sorted.
    If I made a order for an Urgent Saturday delivery with the circumstances discussed above I would make sure.

It was made worse by being told that my order was out for delivery when I phoned this morning.
    Who did you speak to?

Thanks
    I am afraid I did not get their name.

I did make sure it was in stock, to the best of my knowledge. I cannot predict your internal failings having been given information that I was lead to be correct.
    Not around too often!

Thanks
    I am afraid I did not get their name.

I did make sure it was in stock, to the best of my knowledge. I cannot predict your internal failings having been given information that I was lead to be correct.
    All i am saying is I would of mentioned that it was a stock discrepancy, then the sales person you spoke to would of been forced to physically check this.

I do not expect you to predict anything it is common sense that would of had this issue easily sorted. As far as i am concerned Scan has fulfilled their duty by informing you correctly throughout your order.

Regards

Thanks
    How has scan fulfilled its duties? I received the email, phoned, was told it was in stock and that it would be delivered today. I was told today on the phone that it was being delivered, when it wasn't. What customer service! What has happened has scan been taken over by the keystone cops?
    Not around too often!

Thanks
    How has scan fulfilled its duties? I received the email, phoned, was told it was in stock and that it would be delivered today. I was told today on the phone that it was being delivered, when it wasn't. What customer service! What has happened has scan been taken over by the keystone cops?
    You really do see the point here do you? and I think no amount of explaining will get it through, I have no record of you calling or do you have the name of anyone you spoke to.

Your custom is appreciated we do our best and people from time to time make mistakes, I am no admitting to any mistakes but the simple fact is as explained above is we contacted you regarding this, you have not got your order and all I can do is apologise, if you wish to shop elsewhere then I can not change that but good luck, we will always be here a hopefully you will understand from your ventures into the real world we are different from most competitors in a lot of ways. I can say this with confidence and in the future if you make an order from Scan please ask for myself as I do not give out false information I give it as it comes and I will get your order to your without fuss.

Regards

Thanks
    Paul, I thank you for your time and diagnosing my very specific hallucinations of phoning scan, twice.
    Last edited by menthel; 26-05-2007 at 07:21 PM.
    Not around too often!

Thanks
    Ignore
    Last edited by Robbie G; 26-05-2007 at 05:02 PM.

Tech Geek.
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulm@scan View Post
    You really do see the point here do you? and I think no amount of explaining will get it through, I have no record of you calling or do you have the name of anyone you spoke to.

Your custom is appreciated we do our best and people from time to time make mistakes, I am no admitting to any mistakes but the simple fact is as explained above is we contacted you regarding this, you have not got your order and all I can do is apologise, if you wish to shop elsewhere then I can not change that but good luck, we will always be here a hopefully you will understand from your ventures into the real world we are different from most competitors in a lot of ways. I can say this with confidence and in the future if you make an order from Scan please ask for myself as I do not give out false information I give it as it comes and I will get your order to your without fuss.

Regards
    paulm i know you are in a hard working enviroment with people blaiming you for just about everything but you really need to stop taking things so personally i.e up top the guy said you didnt read and you said he was insulting your intelligence :/, just try and keep cool.

Thanks
    pointless post menthel, things like this should be written in PM's no point flaming in their own forum, it's computer items they are not the end of the world....if you feel you have been hard done by then don't order from scan again....everybody likes a little rant now and again but people make mistakes ( yes even you, you didn't manage to get the name of the person who you spoke to so no further action could be taken ).

Andy's 2 pence worth

Thanks
    I don't think I flamed, just stated the facts. Perhaps I was slightly excitable, but we all get like that. If I can't post in their forum about a bad experience then it becomes like certain other forums I will not name. Hey ho. You will be happy to know I have put your 2p in my penny jar.
    Not around too often!

Thanks
    Good job (menthal), hate to see pennies go to waste, i understand its fustrating when items don't arrive on time as planned, or even complete orders aslong as we have our collection of 2p's we will be fine

( never ordered from scan via post, always collected, maybe thats why i like them lol )

Gotta love typo's, my mental minty friend.
    Last edited by Cornholio; 26-05-2007 at 08:30 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information