Thread: Returns Issue

Thanks

Returns Issue

Ordered 4 items ( 2 memorex USB stick and 2 pioneer drives) from scan yesterday, arrived today. Good service i thought.

One of the pioneer was the wrong model number. I ordered the DVR-112BK and was sent the DVR112DBK. Simple mistake i thought phone them get an rma and have the right one shipped to me.

I spoke to Amanda who asked me a few questions and i answered them. I said i gave the model numbers and also the link to most of the items i brought. I also explained that i had to direct the person to the "today site" and show him where the items were and this might be where the mistake occured.

Amanda told me to wait and then came back and said they are not saying this is their mistake or mine, and were willing to go half price on the postage cost if i send it back to them recorded delivery. I refused the offer and said that scan should arrange for collection. She said no and then accused me of changing my story. I asked to speak to a manager and was transferred to Wesley.

Wesley said he has been listening to our conversation and that was his final offfer under the sale of distance selling goods act or something to that effect. I thanked him and dropped the phone.

When scan get things right they are fine. when they get it wrong they at times lack the maturity to either rectify it or admit it. This is one of those moments.

Wesley please go and check your records i had the same problem with you last year with the Supermicro H8DCE motherboard and graphic card i brought from scan. I have never being reimbursed for my postage cost in sending the board and other components i brought from you even though the 2 mobo sent to me were dead on arrival. It took an open letter on the forum for you to accept your mistake, but hey that is in the past. My conversation with you didn't convince me that any thing has changed. My advise to you is that good manners and being reasonable do take you a long way in life.

Am i being unreasonable to expect scan to pick up the drive and replace it what i ordered in the first place. I have no problems paying for the difference.

Any advice and comments will be greatly appriciated, as i do not intend wasting my money calling scan.
    Deo Adjuvante non Timendum

Old Fool!
    Thanks
    • EtheAv8r's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS Maximus V Gene
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570K @ 4500 Mhz
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb
      • Storage:
      • 2 x Samsung EVO 850 SSD; 1 x Samsung 2TB HD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • nVidia GeForce GTX 970
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic S-12 650 Energy+
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell U2713H
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity II
    Firstly the answer to your question as posed in the title is No. There are much worse out there.

Secondly, I have had my moments with Scan... but have always reached a happy solution with them, and I am sure you can.

You have not made clear that this is a Scan error. If your order is for LN17596 then that is the DVR-112BK, if it is LN17592 then that is for a DVR-112DBK. I have mistakenly ordered the wrong part in the past. I have twice (don't know how) recieved 2 of an item, and yes there was an item count of 2 on my original order, even though I only ordered (I thought) 1, however this had to have been my mistake, not Scans, for not thouroughly checking the order before I committed to the sale.

If this is Scans error, then I am sure they will put it right. I take it you speciofically want DVD-RAM, which is the only difference between these two drives?

Have a cup of tea, chill out, and give themn a call, I am sure you will get it sorted.
    Try to make each and every day the best it can be.

Thanks
    This is definately scans error, as i specified what i wanted to the chap who took my order. He must have made a mistake because i also purchased the DVR-112DSV (silver) which is non DVD-Ram. He might have assumed i wanted one iof the same model in black.

But It will be intresting to see if a solution can be reached with them, but I am not holding my breath waiting for a reply. ALTHOUGH I STAND TO BE CORRECTED.

I am also hoping that scan is not the worst for customer care, but it will be nice to be reassured by a positive gesture.

Thanks for your reply and advice.

Registered+
    Thanks
    Vicar,

The mistake here cannot be proved to be caused by either party, as a compromise the offer from Amanda was to pay half to the return carriage costs and exchange the item for no extra charge to the one you state you require.

Neither you nor Scan can 100% place blame anywhere in this matter and I'm confident the compromise we tried to reach was genuine and acceptable.

You then started to turn the call into a non constructive call and denied the details of your earlier conversation with Amanda, we were trying originally to be constructive and helpful, but I'm sorry that doesn't always involve getting everything just the way you want it to go.

As such the decision was made that you could return the item as unwanted, rejected within 7 days, this would be at your own cost.

Wesley
    Last edited by Chris P; 19-07-2007 at 03:45 PM.

Thanks
    Wesley,

I did not (1) "turn the call into a non constructive call and denied the details of your earlier conversation with Amanda" (2) nor did i deny you "were trying originally to be constructive" It was at the end of my conversation with Amanda that you(Scan) became unconstructive (3) "but I'm sorry that doesn't always involve getting everything just the way you want it to go." thank you very much for reminding me of this. (4) "As such the decision was made that you could return the item as unwanted, rejected within 7 days, this would be at your own cost." WHY because "The mistake here cannot be proved to be caused by either party,".

Thank you for your constructive contrbution. It still does not change the fact that i didn't receive what i ordered from scan.

Vicar

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wesleyaldred View Post
    Vicar,

The mistake here cannot be proved to be caused by either party, as a compromise the offer from Amanda was to pay half to the return carriage costs and exchange the item for no extra charge to the one you state you require.
    Vicar,

As highlighted above I would suggest this would probably be the best compromise.

All our stock is assigned an SCIL number - the goods once delivered are checked to ensure the model numbers and stock we recieve from suppliers is as quoted on our purchase orders and then the serials are entered into the system to ensure that all the stock is correct, this way its virtually impossible to send stock out incorrectly.
    Last edited by Carlh; 20-07-2007 at 09:32 AM.

Thanks
    Carlhh,
    I have actually been sent the 'wrong' Hard Drive. When i queried it, i was told it was because the one i ordered was out of stock by the time you packed it. Hence a similar Hd was sent instead. So it is actually possible "to send stock out incorrectly" depending on who is defining correctly.

Nuff said on this issue.

EtheAv8r thanks for your input dust is now settled on the matter. I have had "a cup of tea, chill out, and give themn a call, I am sure you will get it sorted." I didn't but i can say my faith in humanity and scan has been restored.

Thread Information