Thread: Delivery Confirmation

Thanks

Delivery Confirmation

Hi,

I placed an order with Scan for components for a new system on the 24th and was offered a delivery date of the 27th. All items were shown as being in stock and I was told that I would be informed if there would be any delay. I logged onto my Scan account tonight and my order is shown as not picked which is a bit worrying given that I expect to receive it tomorrow.

I have emailed Scan to ask for clarification but wanted to ask if you think I will still receive my order tomorrow as I am taking a day off work to wait at home for delivery.

Thanks

John

Thanks

Re: Delivery Confirmation

MarcusCali

If you can post your invoice number I will look into this for you and check the status of the order

Best Regards

Thanks

Thanks Chris. I got a response to my email today which basically said that Scan have an order backlog and although you have taken payment you don't have any staff to do the picking.

It is a shame as I particularly chose Scan as you were able to allow me to select a delivery day and I really needed the system to be delivered today due to travel commitments.

I appreciate that there will always be reasons why deadlines can't be met but it would have helped me if I had been better informed regarding the delay. I only found out about the delay after I sent the query yesterday.

Thanks for the offer of help. My invoice number is xxxx.
    Last edited by MarcusCali; 28-09-2007 at 12:52 PM. Reason: remove invoice details.

Thanks

The order is still showing as unpicked. I have had 2 calls with customer service to get an indication of when this is likely to be picked but got nowhere so I have cancelled.

This has been a real waste of my time as I could have had these items on Wednesday of this week if purchased elsewhere. Now I have a wasted weekend ahead of me in which I had planned to build this system.

Customer service is all very well but you really need to keep an eye on the supply chain.

Bye.

Thanks

MarcusCali

This is very disappointing to hear and I feel your frustration. IO would like to speak to you directly abou this

If you can confirm a number I can reach you on I will call you now

Best Regards

Thanks

Thanks Chris,

I am happy to PM you my number and we can have a chat.

I appreciate that there can be genuine reasons for orders not being picked/shipped but what bothered me was that I had not received any notification of the slip. I am a technical architect for a large IT company and buy kit all the time so I know from experience that nobody is perfect. I had planned to use the components to build a hi spec development workstation running VMWare to test a new system I am working on.

I am just a bit peeved as I get so little free time and this weekend is literally the only free time I will have for the next few months to spend doing a system build.

Regards

John

EDIT - I don't seem to have a PM options - I suspect as I am such a new member. Sorry Chris.
    Last edited by MarcusCali; 28-09-2007 at 08:40 PM. Reason: add PM note.

Thread Information