Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Failing to see why you rate customer satisfaction as important

Thanks

Failing to see why you rate customer satisfaction as important

Your website says that you value customer satisfaction, but in reality I am failing to see it put into practice.

I RMA'd a video card to you on 17th September which was received on 20th (confirmed by Royal Mail). It took you a few days to "receive" it on your RMA system and test it - you are "busy" apparently. Eventually get an e-mail stating fault confirmed.

Card was then routed to XFX. I hear nothing for around 10 days. I raise an OLQ and I am told "normal" turn time with XFX is 10 days.

About another week passes, still nothing from you. I respond to the OLQ (making sure I don't touch the "unique identifier information" as per the instructions on the e-mail) asking for an update. That was two days ago - your response - nil, nada, nothing.

I'm going to give it until next week (one month since I sent the card to you) and then start pursuing a small claims settlement. As far as I'm concerned you've had adequate time to resolve this.

No doubt the response to this thread (if you bother to respond) will be that you are not to fault - it's XFX. To be honest, if you are unable to manage your supply chain, then that is up to you to fix and not my responsibility to suffer the results. You should at least have the decency to respond to a simple request for a status update within two days.

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Failing to see why you rate customer satisfaction as important

scrandman

Please accept my apologies, please PM me your RMA number and I will look into this as a matter of urgency.

Wesley

Thanks

OK, now I'm seriously unhappy. Despite having previously reported the card as defective to XFX and being given a (temporary) fix by XFX support that worked for around a year (this info was also provided to scan to forward to XFX). Despite the fact I have screendumps of the faults that I have offered to send to you (but never was taken up on this offer).

Despite the fact the SCAN CONFIRMED THE CARD AS FAULTY.

TODAY I RECEIVE AN E-MAIL STATING NFF BY XFX AND THE CARD IS BEING RETURNED TO ME.

THE USE OF CAPS IS INTENTIONAL BY THE WAY.

Why did I not receive any feedback prior to this shipping to me?

I am absolutely sick of the way this RMA has been dealt with. I will be receiving a defective card I have absolutely no desire to own. Am I being charged for the return shipping without authorizing such a transaction?

I can categorically state that I will under no circumstances use XFX products again in the future. Unless scan pull out some serious stops here, I will most certainly be shopping elsewhere in future.

RMA number will be PM'd to you immediately.

Evidence of the conflicting **** I received from you - what are you playing at?

Example of the fault that "does not" exist:

Last edited by scrandman; 11-10-2007 at 08:05 PM.

Thanks

Don't want to get involved on the Scan side of things, but this is a known fault across some of the 7xxx range of cards by XFX.
    I've returned a 7600gt for exactly the same reason, and a few other guys on here if you look for the threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

5. Received thanks from:

scrandman (11-10-2007)

Thanks

Thanks - I was already well aware of this.

Just to top it all, I received a further e-mail to confirm that the duff card has now been dispatched to me. Super! It's a pity there wasn't the usual issue with parts not shipping on time.

To top it all, at the bottom of the automated e-mail is the following god-send:

"Thanks for your support and loyal custom! "

That just tops it all.

What I'm now prepared to do - put an axe through the card and take a photo of it in exchange for a full refund. I'm certainly not willing to spend another £6 to ship it to Bolton for another 3 week vacation.

Scan - please advise.

Thanks

Dear Scrandman

As you mention yourself it is an automated email from our invoicing system and your custom and loyalty is important to us.

I would advise you not to put an axe through your card as this would be seen as physical damage and a refund would certainly not be offered.

Regards

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Thanks
    • neonplanet40's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
      • Memory:
      • Patriot 32 GB DDR4 3200 MHz
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD_Black SN770, 1TB Koxia nvme
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI RTX4070Ti Gaming X TRIO
      • PSU:
      • Enermax Supernova G6 850W
      • Case:
      • Lian LI Lancool 3
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 27" U2715H & Gigabyte M27Q
      • Internet:
      • 1Gbe

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm@scan View Post
    I would advise you not to put an axe through your card as this would be seen as physical damage and a refund would certainly not be offered.

Regards

LMFAO That response made me giggle my ass of ROFL!

As for XFX

Although if im honest i have to say that my new 8800GTS is the third XFX card ive owned and im having no problems with it or any of my other ones.

Neon
    Home Entertainment =Epson TW9400, Denon AVRX6300H, Panasonic DPUB450EBK 4K Ultra HD Blu-Ray and Monitor Audio Silver RX 7.0, Monitor Audio CT265IDC(x4) Dolby Atmos and XTZ 12.17 Sub - (Config 7.1.4)
    My System=Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 Wi-Fi, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Patriot 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz, 1TB WD_Black SN770, 1TB Koxia nvme, MSI RTX4070Ti Gaming X TRIO, Enermax Supernova G6 850W, Lian LI Lancool 3, 2x QHD 27in Monitors. Denon AVR1700H & Wharfedale DX-2 5.1 Sound
    Home Server 2/HTPC - Ryzen 5 3600, Asus Strix B450, 16GB Ram, EVGA GT1030 SC, 2x 2TB Cruscial SSD, Corsair TX550, Plex Server & Nvidia Shield Pro 4K
    Diskstation/HTPC - Synology DS1821+ 16GB Ram - 10Gbe NIC with 45TB & Synology DS1821+ 8GB Ram - 10Gbe NIC with 14TB & Synology DS920+ 9TB
    Portable=Microsoft Surface Pro 4, Huawei M5 10" & HP Omen 15 laptop

Registered+
    Thanks

Scrandman,

As per my PM to you late last night and as i suspected would be the case, the current status of your card is NFF, this is becuase XFX have repaired your card under warranty and have now verified it to contain No Fault.

Wesley

Thanks

Received card today, and can confirm that it is the same old junk returned to me.

It will be interesting to see how this has been repaired, when it was well established that the source of the problem on these cards was defected Samsung VRAM, which indeed is still fitted.

The repair seems to have involved replacing a solid state capacitor.

Results of testing will be posted - I am not hopeful.

Edit: If the indeed NFF means "has been repaired and tested satisfactory" in this case as opposed to the universally accepted meaning of "no fault found", I would recommend you work with this supplier to prevent misleading information being sent to customers in future. Perhaps a definition of "repaired" would be more appropriate?
    Last edited by scrandman; 12-10-2007 at 04:17 PM.

Thanks

Ok, its exactly as it was before:

Indeed, I think it may even be worse as this was instantaneous whereas it would sometimes take a couple of minutes to manifest these artifacts before it was "repaired".

I can provide photos using other games if required - Oblivion normally goes AWOL too.

Scan - I await your further instruction. The offer to put an axe through this junk still stands.

Edit: I am attempting to retain my composure, but this incompetence really isn't good enough. I am £6 lighter in the pocket, almost a month down the line and no further forward.

Edit 2: I have now removed this from my system and replaced it with the MSI 8600GT which was bought as a temporary replacement. The 8600GT performs flawlessly. On closer inspection, what I thought was new solder on the SS cap has a consistent appearance with the others on the board, so it does not appear to have been replaced after all. Indeed, nothing on the card appears to be different at all. This does not add credibility to scan's explanation that XFX's NFF means repaired.
    Last edited by scrandman; 12-10-2007 at 05:09 PM.

Thanks
    • Andaho's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS iX2 GTXS
      • CPU:
      • XC18650 4.2GHz 10664FSB 16 Core
      • Memory:
      • 64GB (2x32GB sticks) PC21320 Corsair Domititan Magnetic RAM 0 latency
      • Storage:
      • 16TB Western Digital SATAV 28800RPM Ultra Edition 1GB Cache
      • Graphics card(s):
      • XFX AMD 9985GTS LP 25Watt
      • PSU:
      • 150W Corsair
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li Aluminium ABX-951
      • Monitor(s):
      • SG-942IPS 42" 3840x2160 0.01ms 5,000,000,000:1
      • Internet:
      • 10Gb Virgin Media Cable

I guess the rather odd 3d pipes aren't due to driver issues then?

Thanks

No, nor are the down to PSU either before someone else pipes in with that suggestion. Remember, this IS a fault that was confirmed by scan if you read the above.

Thanks

I just remembered I took some hi-res photos of the card (front & rear) before and after I packed it prior to the RMA in the event that I had issues with shipping damage.

I've examined both sides of the card against the photos, and I can see absolutely no evidence of any components being moved or re-soldered. Even the little springs under the heatsink screws are in exactly the same position, which would indicate that the heatsink was not removed (and therefore it carries that nothing was replaced in an area that I cannot see).

I can only conclude that someone is being economical with the truth in the respect of this card being repaired. Regardless of whether this is XFX or scan, I am on the receiving end of it.

I am now going to refrain from posting any further on this until scan have given me some form of response.

Thanks
    • Robert's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6X58D Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 12GB Dominator 1600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 10TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GTX 480
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX1200
      • Case:
      • Corsair 800D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 HP Retail
      • Monitor(s):
      • Eizo SW110W+
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 100Mb

Quote Originally Posted by scrandman View Post
    I just remembered I took some hi-res photos of the card (front & rear) before and after I packed it prior to the RMA in the event that I had issues with shipping damage.

I've examined both sides of the card against the photos, and I can see absolutely no evidence of any components being moved or re-soldered. Even the little springs under the heatsink screws are in exactly the same position, which would indicate that the heatsink was not removed (and therefore it carries that nothing was replaced in an area that I cannot see).

I can only conclude that someone is being economical with the truth in the respect of this card being repaired. Regardless of whether this is XFX or scan, I am on the receiving end of it.

I am now going to refrain from posting any further on this until scan have given me some form of response.
    Why would they be moved? They aren't going to re-design the PCB. Also I'm guessing they have machinery capable of soldering without mistake.

Of course they may have done nothing. Good luck getting it sorted. I've always had good service from Scan regarding RMAs. In this case it seems to be XFX causing problems.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    Why would they be moved? They aren't going to re-design the PCB. Also I'm guessing they have machinery capable of soldering without mistake.

Of course they may have done nothing. Good luck getting it sorted. I've always had good service from Scan regarding RMAs. In this case it seems to be XFX causing problems.
    Moved as in everything is at the same slight angles they were before (i.e. crooked). In other words there is no evidence of any parts being replaced. As for the solder, I'm not expecting to see plumber's solder wedged on the back, but to have exactly the same traces where they were before (including the exact same patterns of staining around the solder) would be beyond co-incidental. I can post before and after pics and we can play spot the difference.

Details aside, the bottom line is it aint fixed as demonstrated by the pics above.

Edit: Cheers for the good luck wishes - it looks like I'll need it.
    Last edited by scrandman; 12-10-2007 at 10:45 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by scrandman View Post

Watching this thread with interest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information