Thread: Disappointed and confused with my Scan order

Registered+
    Thanks

[Resolved] Disappointed and confused with my Scan order

I've ordered from Scan a few times before and things always went smoothly. This latest order has been very disappointing. You know how disappointed customers are by the length of their posts.

I ordered two "in stock" items last Wednesday and judging by my past excellent experience would have expected delivery on Friday. The order reached Stage 2 (Payment Authorised) pretty quickly then I heard nothing. I assumed that with so many new free delivery customers it was only fair that things might be slightly delayed. Unfortunately, I needed one of the items at the weekend so bought it from PC *spit* World instead. I sent Support a lengthy message to cancel this item, complain about the delay and asked what was happening with the rest of the order. All I received in return was a chilly standard template reply of "your item has been cancelled as per your request". Today I just happened to browse through Scan again and noticed that the second item in the order has disappeared from the website. The LN number is no longer valid!

So my issues/concerns are:

1) What happens to my order now? The item was in stock for a good few days after I put my order in. What does disappearing LN number mean?
    2) If I didn't spend time to search around to find Scan no longer stock my item, how the hell would I have known this order won't be delivered. Don't you send out warning emails saying item xxx is not in stock? The invoice page is next to useless on this.
    3) Do you reply to all support tickets using copy and pastes of standard templates because the CS agent who replied to my long ticket didn't give a damn about my issues. Surely they should have worked out the order was delayed because the item no longer exists.

<snipped for security>
    Last edited by PeeTee; 02-12-2007 at 06:20 PM. Reason: Resolved

Thanks
    • Lee H's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z370 Carbon Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 8700K Unlocked CPU
      • Memory:
      • 16 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 LPX
      • Storage:
      • 250GB 960 EVO + a few more drives
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 6GB Palit GTX 1060 Dual
      • PSU:
      • Antec Truepower 750W Modular Blue
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T White Edition
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 PRO
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" Asus MX279H & 24" Acer 3D GD245HQ + the 3D glasses
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media

Re: Disappointed and confused with my Scan order

The reason why the LN number is not valid and removed from the website is because the item has gone end of life and as such we can no longer get it from our suppliers. As such when it gets the EOL flag - the information and the page on the site are removed to stop people trying to purchase old, none-sourceable items.

As for the other points you've brought up - I cannot comment on that as I do not work in the Customer Services department, but I've passed this through to the relevant person for their attention.

Best Regards,

Thanks

PeeTee

Sorry for the problems you have experienced.

It is very disappointing to here you feel you have been let down in this case. Your order was due to be delivered on the 22/11/07, but unfortunately was delayed and confirmation of this sent on the evening of the 22/11/07.

On the 23rd we removed the LN 12119 Edimax BR-6204Wg at your request... I admit the response was a little lacking and could have addressed the problem a little better, which maybe would have saved the time taken for you to have to post through Hexus and then for me to get involved and reply ....

Not that I mind , and Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

The outstanding problem surrounds the LN 17550, this card was marked as End Of Life on the 26th November, at this time we had no stock and also from checking previous sales no other order's were placed or completed after the time your order was placed, which would be the reason the order was not processed.

At the moment your order is on hold as a suggested replacement to the LN 17550, we have stock of the LN19947 - Computer hardware and software at amazing prices, available online from Scan Computers UK selling for &#163; 75.29 + Vat

We have stock and can ship your order tonight for delivery tomorrow if you can accept this alternative card.

Please contact me to advise at your earliest convenience, please be assured that your order will then be despatched with the utmost urgency.

Thank you in advance for your patience and co-operation.

Best Regards
    Last edited by Chris P; 27-11-2007 at 12:15 PM.

Registered+
    Thanks

Credit where credit is due. I have to say that once ChrisP got involved the level of customer support was great and all my queries and actions were acted on quickly and treated as urgent.

Scan has gone back to #1 in my list of computer parts suppliers and ChrisP should get a pay rise. But please try and improve the website stock system!

Thanks

PeeTee

It's really great to hear your faith has been re-stored..

Thank for you your kind comments, it really makes our hard work worth while

Merry Christmas

Thread Information