Thread: Inaccurate automated emails

Thanks

Inaccurate automated emails

This is the sequence
    Thank you for your order from Scan. I am writing to advise you that the following item is temporarily out of stock:

1 x 250G SEAGATE PATA ST3250620A

We are expecting our stock levels to be replenished in approx 1-2 weeks if you are able to wait.
    Please cancel the item and process a refund
    I can confirm that I have cancelled your order. A refund will be processed shortly.
    Please ignore any e-mails that you may receive about this order.
    We understand your recent order with us was cancelled due to a stock delay. We just wanted to make contact with you and apologise for any problems we caused. Your custom is valued and we hope you come back to us again and give us another chance in the future. Our success over the last 20 years has been largely thanks to return business from long standing customers.

Stock problems like this are rare although sometimes an unavoidable hazard when dealing with such volumes and unpredictable sales demand. We do try to base our stock levels on estimated turnover but if demand is higher than expected then stock delays can happen. We're usually able to restock quickly where needed but in this case it seems there has been an unexpected issue which prevented us from fulfilling your order and we apologise for that sincerely. We certainly didn't intend to cause any inconvenience to you and our aim has always been to ship your order out on time. We're sorry we let you down on this occasion and hope your faith in us hasn't been lost.
    However I received this today
    Thank you for your order from Scan.

Please regard this email as a notification of delay in your order due to unexpected volumes in our warehouse. Please rest assured your custom is greatly valued and we will process your order with the utmost urgency. Your order has still been booked for a next working day delivery from the point of despatch and we will send further emails to confirm this.
    Disregarding the fact that an automatic delay notification has been sent after the order has been cancelled the actual reason given is a load of tosh. The reason it is delayed is that it is out of stock. If I hadn't already cancelled it due to non availability I would have been left waiting for up to two weeks "due to unexpected volumes in our warehouse"

Thanks

Re: Inaccurate automated emails

Oldjim

I will look into this tomorrow for you

Best Regards

Thread Information