Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poor Service again

Thanks

Angry Poor Service again

I ordered some items yesterday 11:30am for a Q-Collect later on in the day and within 10 minutes it had reached stage 2 of 3, 2:30pm I rung regards to collection incase my order got stuck in the system and was told theres a high chance the order will not be avaliable for collection yesterday because i ordered too many items and they had to be collected from different parts of the warehouse(s), i thought fair enough i'll get it put on for delivery as its free and will arrive Thursday (im told), i get passed from customer services to sales and back to customer services (because the advisors are unsure what to do ) eventually the same customer services advisor (still doesnt know what to do) assured me she will sort it out.

Today morning I get a delayed email "unexpected volumesin our warehouse" (<-- yes you need to get somebody to check that automated email) email and with a follow up call I am told thats nothing, they will be sent out today to be delivered for tomorrow, they're just a bit busy thats all, fair enough I thought..

and now at 5:45 (conveniently after scan are closed) I receive an email from scan to say my order has reached 3 of 3 and I can collect it.

I initially did a Q-Collect order this time to make things easier as the last time when I went in shop for my previous order I was given the run around because the speakers were in a different warehouse and impossible to collect (and was offered a few pennies of some other speakers as a good will discount lol )

another online order (in between) was delayed because... well i dont know it was stuck in the system for 2 days at picking stage
    when i pm'd a scan member here, i got a response that they will check into it and that was a couple of days after it arrived.

Wow 3 times in a row now and all times i ordered differently to avoid the same mistake, but got caught in another one, well done scan

the funny thing is when i spoke to scan yesterday I was told the good news is even though i can not collect the items, the items have been reserved for me lol, i was waiting for the "items out of stock" email today lol, ... i guess i can still receive that tomorrow right?
    Last edited by Pingu2003; 19-12-2007 at 08:06 PM.

Thanks

Re: Poor Service again

update:

Ok so who from scan is awake and there?

just got this:
    4. Order despatched - 19 Dec 2007 18:29:00

fingers crossed it will arrive now lol

thanks for whoever sorted it silently

really appreciate it!

Thanks
    • markbrown83's system
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb
      • Storage:
      • 256Gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WFP-HC

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu2003 View Post
    update:

Ok so who from scan is awake and there?

just got this:
    4. Order despatched - 19 Dec 2007 18:29:00

fingers crossed it will arrive now lol

thanks for whoever sorted it silently

really appreciate it!
    Patience is the key! Although I must admit it isn't my strong point either!

But.....

Orders can be despatched up until 8pm at night. No one has done anything silently, it would have just been the packing guys!

Regarding the Q-Collect email, when they updated for your order to be sent via city link it would probably not update the other system. Hence, receiving 3/3 Q-Collect email (your order is ready to be picked up!) was probably the equivalent of recieving the 3/4 Order has been picked email...

Q-Collect probably just marked it to be picked up by city link...

Anyway, glad it has been shipped... no need for the "poor service" post - as you have just been completely proven wrong! And Scan have done exactly what you asked

I am not having a rant at you... but it really does seem like people just post if they have had a bad experience... and sometimes there isn't any need for it...

Well I am still at work, so better get back to it!
    Last edited by markbrown83; 19-12-2007 at 08:19 PM. Reason: missed a bit!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by markbrown83 View Post
    Patience is the key! Although I must admit it isn't my strong point either!

But.....

Orders can be despatched up until 8pm at night. No one has done anything silently, it would have just been the packing guys!

Regarding the Q-Collect email, when they updated for your order to be sent via city link it would probably not update the other system. Hence, receiving 3/3 Q-Collect email (your order is ready to be picked up!) was probably the equivalent of recieving the 3/4 Order has been picked email...

Q-Collect probably just marked it to be picked up by city link...

Anyway, glad it has been shipped... no need for the "poor service" post - as you have just been completely proven wrong! And Scan have done exactly what you asked

I am not having a rant at you... but it really does seem like people just post if they have had a bad experience... and sometimes there isn't any need for it...

Well I am still at work, so better get back to it!

no offence mate but there has not been a problem with just this order but the past 3

i requested for Q-collect to save the hassle i got before, in my books it still is poor service (how have i been proven wrong when i requsted for a 40mile trip for Q-Collect?) i could not collect yesterday because scan could not gather the items from their warehouses and I was given a run around, but hopefully has been resolved with an alternative solution. (not what i asked for initially)

each method i used has caused a problem in its own way, (dont get me wrong i had excellent service in the past) which begs the question how should / should i order again in the near future?

HEXUS.social member Disturbedguy's Avatar
    Thanks
    • Disturbedguy's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Rog Strix Z370-H Gaming
      • CPU:
      • i7 8700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair something or other
      • Storage:
      • 1 x Samsung 960 EVO (250GB) 1 x Samsung 850 EVO (500GB)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • GTX 1080Ti
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32inch Samsung TV
      • Internet:
      • Crap

btw pingu, the picking/ dispatch works until 8 if i remember correctly.

edit: ooops didnt see that markbrown had covered the time already

Thanks
    • Pob255's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus M5A99X EVO
      • CPU:
      • FX8350 & CM Hyper 212+
      • Memory:
      • 4 x 2gb Corsair Vengence 1600mhz cas9
      • Storage:
      • 512gb samsung SSD +1tb Samsung HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EGVA GTX970
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic GX 650W
      • Case:
      • HAF 912+
      • Operating System:
      • W7 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • iiyama XB3270QS-B1 32" IPS 1440p

Well given the time of year I'm not surprised, personally I think Scan are starting to slip slightly under there own sucess.
    At times like this last week before christmas the sheer volume of orders are causeing some slow down.
    As annoying as it is I'm still not going to fault them yet, if we were often getting this sort of problem on a standard week that would be a differnt matter.

Thanks

Job Number '********' Does Not Exist

Please Check Job Number or contact your local branch.
    I would have thought tracking would have been updated by now

Banned
    Thanks

If i want something urgent i don't order from Scan anymore. A bit unreliable with stock / ordering etc. If i don't mind waiting a few days then i will order with Scan.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koolpc View Post
    If i want something urgent i don't order from Scan anymore. A bit unreliable with stock / ordering etc. If i don't mind waiting a few days then i will order with Scan.
    Thats a little unfair that statement because every order you make KOOLPC you PM every single Scan mod on the day of your order requesting your order is very urgent, but yet you say if your order is urgent dont order from Scan? Slightly contradictive I think! We will be sure to remember that when you multi PM all the MODS your order is Urgent.

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Thanks
    • markbrown83's system
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb
      • Storage:
      • 256Gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WFP-HC

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm@scan View Post
    you PM every single Scan mod on the day of your order
    I do that too...

But I don't moan about delivery times... I like the service I receive from Scan and that's why since I started buying from Scan several years ago I have only bought one major item from another retailer since then...

Scan, you are doing good... you have always sorted my stuff out and I appreciate it...

You will have my custom until you mess up (the smiley face looks like me in my picture) but I don't see that happening...

Thanks

Pingu2003

Requested Delivery Date: 17/10/2007
    Actual Delivery Date: 18/10/07

Firstly I would like to assure you that we do appreciate the importance of prompt turnaround of orders and high levels of accuracy in the information we provide on our website and in our automated email confirmations. The delays and conflicting information you have experienced in this order is certainly not a reflection of our normal high standard of service for the vast majority of orders processed.

You requested delivery to be made on the 17/10/07, which would have meant that we would have had to ship the order on the 16th for next day delivery. Your order was in fact delayed by 1 day and shipped out on the 17th and delivered on the 18th.

City have now updated their web site and I can see the parcel has been delivered and the POD confirmed.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly shoudl you ever require assistance in the future and once again I do hope that we can still look forward to your custom in the future.

Best Regards

Grumpy Old Git
    Thanks
    • slinger's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z87-K
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4670k Haswell under a Corsair H80i
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair DDR3 Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M500 120gb SSD (OS), Crucial M500 250GB, 2TB Hitachi, 1TB Seagate SATA 3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair CX750M
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 200r
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 27" LED
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 200mb

Quote Originally Posted by Paulm@scan View Post
    Thats a little unfair that statement because every order you make KOOLPC you PM every single Scan mod on the day of your order requesting your order is very urgent, but yet you say if your order is urgent dont order from Scan? Slightly contradictive I think! We will be sure to remember that when you multi PM all the MODS your order is Urgent.
    Owned!!!

I do that too...

But I don't moan about delivery times... I like the service I receive from Scan and that's why since I started buying from Scan several years ago I have only bought one major item from another retailer since then...

Scan, you are doing good... you have always sorted my stuff out and I appreciate it...

You will have my custom until you mess up (the smiley face looks like me in my picture) but I don't see that happening...
    You see this is what gripes me, and in my own line of work too, there's just no such thing as loyalty these days. You've just said yourself how Scan have done you good time after time, yet you've just ended that little bit of praise with a "get it wrong and Im off"

Have any of you guys who seem to suffer persistent problems when you place an order with Scan ever thought for one second that by PM'ing all the mods (which is a bit extreme if we're honest) you could be complicating matters? Ok I have the convenience of only living 5 mins drive away should I want anything urgent, but in all the years Ive been buying stuff from Scan Ive never suffered anything arriving late or one faulty item. Seems to me the youth of today have zero patience

p.s. SCAN dudes - I'd like to thank you all for the great service again this year, its great that you take the time to come on here and sort us Hexus users out, hope you all have a great drunken Christmas!!
    Intel Core i5 4670k Haswell | Asus Z87-K | 16gb Corsair DDR3 Vengeance | Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB OC | Crucial M500 120gb SSD (OS), Crucial M500 250gb SSD, 2TB & 1TB Sata's | Corsair Carbide 200r | LG 27" LED | Corsair CX750M | Corsair h80i

13. Received thanks from:

Philipp (21-12-2007),Steve A (20-12-2007),wesleyaldred (20-12-2007)

Thanks
    • markbrown83's system
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb
      • Storage:
      • 256Gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WFP-HC

I wouldn't be off if they "messed up" as I put it... I was joking... I don't like any other retailer out there and even if an order (or several) went wrong I would still shop at scan... and I am not just saying that!

I have dealt with alot of retailers over the years and by far Scan give the best support and service, when things are going well or not...

I was just having a little larf!

And yes, the youth of today (I am 24 - I am not youth, or don't think I am... a young adult maybe ) do have a very little, zero patience. But I am sure you were the same when you were a lad! Most are, thats what children (youths) are like...

15. Received thanks from:

wesleyaldred (20-12-2007)

Grumpy Old Git
    Thanks
    • slinger's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Z87-K
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 4670k Haswell under a Corsair H80i
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair DDR3 Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • Crucial M500 120gb SSD (OS), Crucial M500 250GB, 2TB Hitachi, 1TB Seagate SATA 3
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair CX750M
      • Case:
      • Corsair Carbide 200r
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 27" LED
      • Internet:
      • Virgin 200mb

I wouldn't be off if they "messed up" as I put it... I was joking... I don't like any other retailer out there and even if an order (or several) went wrong I would still shop at scan... and I am not just saying that!

I have dealt with alot of retailers over the years and by far Scan give the best support and service, when things are going well or not...

I was just having a little larf!

And yes, the youth of today (I am 24 - I am not youth, or don't think I am... a young adult maybe ) do have a very little, zero patience. But I am sure you were the same when you were a lad! Most are, thats what children (youths) are like...
    I wasn't actually, I've always been the patient type. And from working in a buying role since the age of 17 I've always known the value of a good customer / supplier relation and that sometimes mistakes do happen, its how a company handles that mistake that matters to me I can wait a longer than average time for something if I know I am getting a good price, backed up by good service.
    Intel Core i5 4670k Haswell | Asus Z87-K | 16gb Corsair DDR3 Vengeance | Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB OC | Crucial M500 120gb SSD (OS), Crucial M500 250gb SSD, 2TB & 1TB Sata's | Corsair Carbide 200r | LG 27" LED | Corsair CX750M | Corsair h80i

Thanks
    • markbrown83's system
      • CPU:
      • i5 3570K
      • Memory:
      • 8Gb
      • Storage:
      • 256Gb SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX 660 OC
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell 2407WFP-HC

Quote Originally Posted by slinger View Post
    I wasn't actually, I've always been the patient type. And from working in a buying role since the age of 17 I've always known the value of a good customer / supplier relation and that sometimes mistakes do happen, its how a company handles that mistake that matters to me I can wait a longer than average time for something if I know I am getting a good price, backed up by good service.
    That is very true!

its how a company handles that mistake that matters to me
    Also very true

I have been in many sales roles throughout university including MFI!... and you do have to be patient with the customers! You get some loopy/annoying customers through the door!

Thanks
    • Robert's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P6X58D Premium
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7 920
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 12GB Dominator 1600Mhz
      • Storage:
      • 10TB
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia GTX 480
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX1200
      • Case:
      • Corsair 800D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 HP Retail
      • Monitor(s):
      • Eizo SW110W+
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 100Mb

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu2003 View Post
    I would have thought tracking would have been updated by now
    Jesus dude what is your problem? Just be patient.

Thread Information