Thread: Bought a motherboard 11 months ago and last week it stopped working

I'd have a double vodka over a lager anyday
    Thanks

Bought a motherboard 11 months ago and last week it stopped working

Hi Scan,
    Just under 11 months ago I bought a Abit AB9 Pro from you, where the invoice date was dated 20/03/2007 which had no issues at all until last week where the board would not post after I put a new hard drive in. I checked the post code indictator on the board which said 25, which I looked up in the manual which said the problem could be with the graphics card or ram. I double checked all the connections and the same error of 25 came up. So, I put my graphics card into my housemate's desktop and his comp posted so the graphics card was ruled out. I then tried the RAM by changing the RAM slots etc, and just individual sticks just in case there was a bad RAM slot. I still kept getting 25, and the occassional C1 error instead.

I have since then bought a new motherboard from my local shop just so I can have a usable PC at my own expense. What I would like to know is what my options are, and if there is a possibility of a refund etc, as I have done a google on the error codes I got which the first result in Hexus itself giving exactly the same symptoms as what has happened to my board. The link is: http://forums.hexus.net/abit-care-he...-25-error.html.

I would like to stress that I have NOT flashed my Abit board since I received it, and that all componants which are in the new board I bought were all used in the ABit board before I came across this problem.

I look forward to hearing from Lee et all

Thanks

Re: Bought a motherboard 11 months ago and last week it stopped working

If the motherboard is indeed in warranty you are entitled to a replacement you will have to log a call with our returns department to raise an RMA number. Due to the period of time which has passed a refund will not be offered. Please see out terms and conditions regarding no fault found charges before you send the motherboard back to Scan. 0871 472 4747

Alternately log a request Here

Error exists between Keyboard & Chair replace User and press Any Key!

.... Where's the Any Key???

Thread Information