• Case:
      • Antec P180
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Professional x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • HP w2207 (22" wide)
      • Internet:
      • Rubbish ADSL
    I have that same power supply, and i hear this ticking noise also. But even with my ear to the case while it's switched on i cannot hear the noise (my PC isn't the quietest but not loud), I only ever hear it while the PC is off and the room is quiet. Doesn't really bother me so i haven't posted about it before, but i would be interested to know what was causing this to happen.

I think it doesn't happen all the time, but I'm not sure on that one. What is the noise of the ticks comparabe to, and are they sequentail? The ticks I hear appear to be sort of random 1-2 per second.

[EDIT] Just read the rest of the thread (didn't realise there were two pages). I bought mine from OcUK about 5 weeks ago. I have had WAY to many problems RMAing items to OcUK and the noise doesn't bother me so mine is staying exactly where it is. [/EDIT]
    Last edited by Mblaster; 04-09-2004 at 11:12 PM.
    I don't mean to sound cold, or cruel, or vicious, but I am so that's the way it comes out.

Thanks
    http://forums.silentpcreview.com/vie...ht=tagan+click

has the same thread and people there say that Tagan accepts this as something which would be fixed. I will apply for a change after that.

Thanks
    I spoke to a guy from Tagan who said the PSU's shouldn't tick. I should be getting some more info from him next week.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Thanks
    It's so clear and loud, like a bearing sound (broken). Or like a v-belt sound when you driving a car. That's really serious.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by teasers
    It's so clear and loud, like a bearing sound (broken). Or like a v-belt sound when you driving a car. That's really serious.
    Let's not get carried away here with this Tagan Noise. If you are getting a ticking noise that is so loud you cannot hear yourself think or is still clearly heard even when you are working on your computer (without your ear next to the PSU) then this is NOT the typical ticking 'feature' that most of us are talking about. That would signify that something else different is seriously wrong.

The ticking 'feature' we are talking about is only evident if one puts their ear to within a metre of the back of the PSU and listens with the computer turned off (but PSU on) or has their ear right up to the PSU with the computer on.

Yes, this 'feature' is annoying but I have no problem with it as I don't tend to use my computer with the PSU pointing at me! I cannot hear it at all when my computer is on because even the hum of my monitor and fans are louder than the ticking.

To hear what Tagan have to say would be interesting though.

Thread Information