• Taz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z270 HD3P
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 7600K
      • Memory:
      • Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16R Vengeance LPX 16 GB
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 960 EVO M.2-2280 500GB (PCIe) + 1TB Sandisk Ultra II SSD (SATA)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair CS550M 550W Hybrid
      • Case:
      • NZXT Source 340
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 34" Asus Designo Curve MX34VQ UWQHD Monitor
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media M350

Scan order shipment and postage charges

I tested the waters by ordering a few minor bits for my PC from Scan today (a couple of bits from the Today Only offers). The total was less than a hundred quid and I was surprised to see that the estimated dispatch date is Friday - a full 4 working days from when I placed the order and that's only the dispatch date and not the delivery date! Also, have the postage charges gone up? I was charged an eye-watering £10 for normal postage which negated any savings I made on the Today Only offers. That amount for postage is usually for next day delivery!

I've ordered many times from Scan over the years and am going to be ordering around £1600 worth of kit in a couple of weeks but I need some reassurance that things are going to go smoothly. I've always been very impressed with Scan up until now.

To be fair to Scan I was warned during the ordering process about the estimated dispatch date but I still went ahead with the order as i'm not in any hurry.

Taz

Registered+
    Thanks
    im also ordering around 1800 of kit but i may just drive down and pick it up
    XtremeServers Fast Uk Gaming Servers

AMD 64 4000 | BFG 7800GTX | 2GiG DDr | 8x Pioneer DVD-RW | 16x DVD | 74 GiG Raptor + 300GiG Western Digi | 19" 2ms Flatscreen | X-Fi Fatal1ty

Thanks
    Taz,

At the current moment we are experiencing a high volume of orders as well as a few tecnhical issues with our system. I do appreciate the situation isnt ideal however if you quickly read the previous post I made in the Order Delay post in this forum it should outline a few issues we are currently trying to negoiate.

http://forums.hexus.net/showthread.php?t=35846

I do sympathise with the current delivery charge, however as our couriers are still providing a next day service there is nothing we can do in this situation.

Again I do apoligise for the delay however we are currently doing everythin possible to rectify the issues and all being well normal service should be resumed soon.

As soon as I have any updates from senior management regarding the issues I shall post further information
    Last edited by Carlh; 18-01-2005 at 12:12 AM.

Taz
    Thanks
    • Taz's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Z270 HD3P
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 7600K
      • Memory:
      • Corsair CMK16GX4M2B3200C16R Vengeance LPX 16 GB
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 960 EVO M.2-2280 500GB (PCIe) + 1TB Sandisk Ultra II SSD (SATA)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Asus NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 OC
      • PSU:
      • Corsair CS550M 550W Hybrid
      • Case:
      • NZXT Source 340
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • 34" Asus Designo Curve MX34VQ UWQHD Monitor
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media M350
    Carlh, all the products I ordered from Scan were showing as 'Item In Stock'. I wouldn't have ordered them otherwise!

It really is bad customer service to charge customers for 'next day delivery' when the products are shipped four working days after the order is place (and that's just an estimate at this point!). In reality this would mean that I get my order a full week (i.e. next Monday) from when I placed the order. Even by the longest stretching of ones imagination, this can hardly be called 'next day delivery'.

Anyway, I hope things improve before I part with a large sum of money in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, I don't have the luxury of being able to collect the goods as the shop is too far for me.

Thanks
    Taz,

I do see your point however when you would have confirmed the order it would have advised you on the estimated dispatch date.

As previously advised I do sympathise with the current situation but as previously outlined as our couriers are still doing a next day service from the point of despatch from Scan's building there is very little we can do as we get charged the delivery charge for the next day service by our couriers.
    Last edited by wesleyaldred; 26-01-2005 at 03:53 PM.

Thread Information