Thread: Website down, No delivery, how bad are things?

Thanks

Question Website down, No delivery, how bad are things?

Having read a few other threads on this great forum, I am under the understanding that Scan is still facing difficulties in getting orders out of the door following the Christmas break. It does seem that the initial estimates of when backlogs may be cleared out seem a little distant now.

My own order was placed on the 19th Jan with an estimate dispatch of the 24th Jan. I have sent an online query which, to Scans credit was very prompt. The response was that items were in stock and were awaiting picking. I am attempting to buy pretty much a complete system (almost £750) worth of kit so I can build a PC for my Boss.

I tried checking out the order tracking system today only to find out the website was down, and is still down after many hours.

How serious are these backlog issues Scan are facing, is the site down to give the good guys at Scan a breather?

I believe it would be a great idea for a message to be posted up on the site explaining such difficulties, instead of a 'Cannot find Server' error message.. If I cannot provide feedback to my Boss, then it makes Scan look a little poor in his eyes...and the other guys who were interested may well be thinking about the local high street store now instead of getting me to build them a pc. I personally know Scan are usually great performers in all areas having bought before and cross my fingers for things to pick up soon...but a little more clarification from Scan would go miles in customer relations.....

Thanks
    Stotty,

The website should be fine now as far as I know there was planned maintence to one of the Csisco routers earlier tonight which may have caused the page cant be displayed.

The current situation with orders are that it is currently taking a day longer than we normally aim to achieve this is due to several factors but mainly cos of the internal system issue we had when we came back from the Christmas break, basically there was a problem with the system we have in place which meant when our pickers allocate the serial numbers for each item to an invoice it would freeze the whole system for around 15 seconds (per item).

The issues have now been resolved after several updates and things are starting to improve, however because of the Christmas break and then the system issues we faced we do still have a little backlog with the picking department.

Hopefully things should improve within the next few days and all being well we should be able to resume the next day delivery service, however if any Hexus users want an update on there order then please feel free to PM me with the invoice number and email address and a contact number and I shall see what I can do

Thanks
    Many thanks for the update, I got a little worried back there and thought maybe you'd all given up after reading about other other issues you are being faced with. Seems like you are finally getting a grip on what appears to be a frustrating period. 15 seconds per item must have had everyone jumping up and down :/

Good luck on getting back on track. I'll be patient and hold back on the pm for now, seems like you have more urgent issues to deal with..

Thanks again.

Photographer; for hire!! shiato storm's Avatar
    Thanks
    i've an idea that might solve probs in the picking dept.; employ a load of 16 year olds after school and get them to sift through the system and pick all the items over-night so when the day shift comes on its all there in nice neat piles ready to package and send on their way! for one it would get the little brats off the streets and secondly it would also clear up any backlogs..! lol