Thread: Ordered a 2405FPW & XFX7800 GTX GEE

Thanks

Question Ordered a 2405FPW & XFX7800 GTX GEE

I ordered a Dell 2405FPW monitor on Saturday on Finance and also ordered a XFX 7800GTX "Gamer's Extreme Edition" (I hope that's long enough!!). Now here comes the predicament:

It looks like the monitor is still in stock but the video card isn't(It was showing in stock on Saturday evening). I've just received the email from the finance telling me they've accepted me, but now i ask will I have to wait for both products to be in stock before they ship? Or has the system taken my order into account and be sent out?

I really don't want to wait for ages if they can only be shipped together, and I know how long the wait for OOS graphics cards can be sometimes.

Anyone have ideas? Many Thanks.

Thanks
    Unfortunately we can't reserve goods on a finance order until the paperwork has been recieved, signed and all ok'd - otherwise if the customer had had a change of mind, the goods would be tied up.

The good thing is that there is generally only a short delay with XFX cards - so I don't think you'll be waiting long.

I'll check in the morning for you - but can you please PM wildmonkey or steve with your real name and postcode (and finance ref number if you have it to hand) as my pm box is full yet again!

thanks

D

Registered+
    Thanks

Question Enough Power

I'm just about to order the same screen, but I had thought I'd really need two 7800GTX's SLIed to use that screen at full res / quality.... Most of the card reviews talk about running at 1600*1200 rather than this screen's 1920*1600 resolution.

Anyone any thoughts on if one card is sufficient?

Geoff

Thanks
    one will be sufficient

the 7800's do very well at high res

MD
    Thanks
    • MD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77-M PRO
      • CPU:
      • i5 - i3570k
      • Memory:
      • 32GB Corsair Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 2 x 256GB SSD's (Samsung and Crucial)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • NVidia 640
      • PSU:
      • Corsair 600W
      • Case:
      • Silverstone TJ08e MATX
      • Operating System:
      • Win 8
      • Monitor(s):
      • 24" Dell Flat Panel
      • Internet:
      • 60mb Virgin Media
    One is more than enough, ok so I have a high end chip and lots of memory, but my 6800GT runs everything just fine at 1920 x 1200.

BIA Earned in blood for example, looks peachy

Matt.
    Please do not message me about Scan Free shipping, I no longer work for HEXUS.net

Thanks
    1 7800GTX should be enough to run most games with AF and AA at 1920x1200, however with new games like F.E.A.R. it's supposed to be quite a beast on resources so for something like that, I'd recommend 2. However the 2405FPW supposed has good interpolation for other resolutions not native. You can choose to stretch to fill the screen or just so it fills 1600x900 in the middle.

Now i'm about to cry, I've taken tomorrow and Friday off to prepare for a new system I'm building.

Firstly I have to backup all my data on the RAID system I have, because you can't port a RAID system onto a new system (unless you have the same controller, even then it's not 100% certain).

Secondly I should get in the post tomorrow a A8N SLI Premium, an AMD 64 X2 4400+, 2Gb of Corsair 3500LL, a Seasonic 600W PSU and an Antec P180 Case.

and Finally, I'm unable to test the system, because I've got no PCI-Express Graphics Card. I'm gutted :'( (I'm hoping I might be able to get my hands on an old PCI Card) and even so apparently not all Asus A8N SLI Premium's have been flashed up-to-date to support X2 processors!!! (If that's the case, apparently i'm supposed to Flash the BIOS by "borrowing a single core AMD" and then flashing the bios!!!) If anyone can give me any answers around that, I'll be very very grateful!

Thread Information