i've recently borken the screen on my laptop and im not planning on spending 500 quid to get it replaced when i only paid 600 for the laptop but its still a great machine. i've heard rumours that you can buy computer cases that you can mount the insides of a laptop in so that it functions similar to a normal desktop pc. or is it possible to modify a normal pc case to mount a laptop mobo. if i can do the case for under 100 quid then i can get 17" tft for 150 and that alot less than 500. i've posted this in the scan section because u guys probably know wether this product does exist.