Thread: Free postage - why have I now been charged

Thanks

Free postage - why have I now been charged

Invoice 0XXXXXXX. I updated my Scan managed account profile with my forum ID last week when I'd crossed 25 posts. I then ordered over £600 of bits on Sunday with my basket showing free postage as I expected.

I was then annoyed to find today the printed invoice shows a full postage charge (something I didn't agree to). I've emailed Mubs who tells me that 'We don't offer free carriges to company and trade customers, If you wish to have free carriage then you would have to order from our retail side'.

I haven't seen this is the main section of the Scan free conditions and my Managed account ID allowed me to register the forum ID - it even allowed me free postage when buying through my trade account. For Scan to then add the charge without telling me is unfair.

I'd appreciate a comment and the sum refunded promptly.
    Last edited by Steve A; 23-05-2006 at 09:39 AM.

Thanks
    BigBry,

I am currently looking into this with our Managed Account team at the moment, however as you already have been given better pricing via your trade account I have been advised that you cant have the free carriage as well as the preferental prices you were given being a trade customer.

I shall discuss this further with Mubs for you, however if the Managed Accounts department have decided to take this rule , and in all honesty I can understand if they have there will be very little I can do to reverse this.

Thanks
    Better pricing? I think not,
    Check the extra I get charged for using a credit card when 'normal' customers don't. The total I've paid is more than if I could use a private account.

I've often wanted to do this but your system won't let me. I see very little advantage to having a trade account, particulary when I get charged extra.

Since I didn't agree to this charge and wasn't told about it you either refund the postage or you can pick the delivery up, refund me in full and I'll get the parts another way. I'm happy playing by the rules when they're available to be seen, not by something your sytems allow me to do and then you tell me aren't allowed.

Thanks
    Bigbri,

I have discussed this with your account manager and I shall send you a PM with an update

PM Sent - hope this has resolved the issue for you and if you need further assistance feel free to either PM me or update this thread.
    Last edited by Carlh; 23-05-2006 at 10:40 AM.

Thanks
    Thanks for the PM and the refund.

I've closed my trade account now so I won't get this problem again, plus I'll benefit from the lower pricing a retail customer gets when using a credit card!

I would suggest you add this new rule to your free shipping offer since the condition isn't stated anywhere I can see and your system allows it to happen.

Thread Information