• Corsair AX860i
      • Case:
      • Custom open frame
      • Operating System:
      • Win10 Pro x64 / occasionally Win 7 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • ROG Swift PG279Q, Sony 48A9

Abit AB9 QuadGT - eh?

Okay, I know things are a bit messed about with the warehouse changes, but I wish you could sort the communication out a bit.

I put an order in on the 21st January that included one of the above. I enquired a couple of times over the following couple of weeks, and was told on each occasion you were expecting them in "within a couple or three working days".

I was told this again when enquiring last Friday, at which point of course the boards were up on Today Only, and was further told that the other outstanding item on my order (some Corsair Value Select memory) was downstairs in the warehouse awaiting booking-in.

I phoned again Monday lunchtime, to be told that your suppliers hadn't even sent the motherboard order out yet.

As I was by then pretty desperate to get the system built up I cancelled the mainboard and the still outstanding RAM off the order, enabling the remaining items to be shipped out, and allowing me to pick up the board and memory elsewhere.

Yet, looking at the site this morning, the AB9 QuadGT's are listed in stock, which would tend to indicate that the info I was given on Monday wasn't entirely accurate.

If I'd been told at that point that the boards would definitely be in stock within the next 48 hours, I'd have kept the entire order with you rather than mess about with cancellations, refunds and orders elsewhere.

You've only lost 200 quid's worth of trade, so no great shakes, and it's certainly not put me off Scan as a whole, but all the same if a few other people found themselves in the same position I did, that lost trade starts to add up - and again all I was after was some solid, reliable info.
    BH6, BX6 2.0, BE6, BE6-II 2.0, ST6-RAID, BE6-II 2.0 (again), BD7-RAID, BD7II-RAID, IC7-G, IC7 Max3, AB9 QuadGT, IX38 QuadGT. IX58... Oh, b*ll*cks. RIP Abit

Thanks
    I can understand your disappointment, we provide ETA's date we are given from our supplier sometimes these ETA's fail with new products due to shortage of stock and high demand.

This has nothing to do with the warehouse changes.

If we would have been able to predict stock within 48 hrs we most certainly would have updated the web site to show this however at the time we did not have this information to give.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused

Thread Information