Thread: The Mobile Outlet - GONE BUST :@

adam1701

The Mobile Outlet - GONE BUST :@

The Mobile Outlet UK - Mobile Phones Online, 3, 3G, Orange Mobile Phones , Vodafone, T-Mobile, Lg 8138, Samsung D500, Nokia 6630, Best Contract Mobile Phones

"Mobile Matters (UK) Ltd T/A The Mobile Outlet - In Administration

Gerald M Krasner of Begbies Traynor, Burley House, 12 Clarendon Road, Leeds LS2 9NF and Julian N R Pitts of Begbies Traynor, Glendevon House, Hawthorn Park, Coal Road Leeds LS14 1PQ, were appointed Joint Administrators by the director on 15 February 2008. G M Krasner and J N R Pitts are licensed to act as Insolvency Practitioners by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales.

Purpose and effect of Administration

In this case, the Company has ceased trading and our primary objective is to maximise asset realisations. You should be aware that whilst in administration the Company has the protection of a wide-ranging moratorium under paragraphs 40-43 of Schedule B1 to the Insolvency Act 1986. The effect is to prevent any proceedings, execution, distraint, legal action or 'self-help'€™ remedies being commenced or continued against the Company except with the consent of the administrators or the permission of the Court.

As administrators, we are not in a position to pay amounts due by the Company in respect of contractual obligations entered into prior to our appointment. Please send a detailed statement of any amount due to you at the date of our appointment and advise us immediately if you claim any security over, or title to, any property or goods in the possession of the Company.

Please also send details of any contract outstanding between you and the Company.
    Administrators'€™ Proposals

We are required to send you a statement of our proposals for dealing with the Company within 8 weeks of the date of our appointment. This will set out, in as much detail as necessary, our views as to how the purpose of the administration can best be achieved. We are also required to hold a meeting of creditors within 10 weeks of our appointment so that creditors have an opportunity to consider and vote on our proposals. These time limits are subject to extension by the court or for up to 28 days with the consent of creditors. We need not, however, summon a creditors’ meeting under certain circumstances, but if this is the case our proposals will provide a full explanation.
    Orders for Goods and Services
    Please do not fulfil any orders placed by the Company prior to our appointment unless you receive our written confirmation that the goods are still required.

Please note that the joint administrators are not personally adopting any contracts which may have been entered into by the Company, nor do we accept personal liability in respect of them.

All goods and services provided to you by the Company after our appointment must be paid for in full and no lien or set-off may be exercised against debts outstanding at the date of our appointment.
    Other Matters

If you are holding any property or monies belonging to the Company would you please inform me immediately and note that you are not authorised to deal with them without my prior written confirmation. If you claim to retain title to goods delivered to the Company or a lien over assets belonging to the Company in your possession, then please contact me as soon as possible with full details and copies of any supporting documentation.

If there are any matters which you consider I should be aware of regarding the Company'€™s affairs, I shall be pleased to hear from you. This request for information is standard practice and does not imply any criticism or course of action against any person concerned in the management of the Company's affairs.

Please send details of your claim to Begbies Traynor, Burley House, 12 Clarendon Road, Leeds LS2 9NF or by e-mail to mark.pintar@begbies-traynor.com"

LYING C*NTS.

maybe these companies are dodgy.

they owe me £70 x 12 = £840.

any idea what i can do? i doubt i'll get far by contacting them.

Thanks
    • schmunk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Abit NF7-S v2.0
      • CPU:
      • AMD Athlon-M 2500+
      • Memory:
      • 1GB of Corsair BH-5 and 512MB of something else
      • Storage:
      • 160GB Seagate Barracuda
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ATI Radeon X800Pro, flashed to XT
      • PSU:
      • Hiper Type-M ~400W
      • Case:
      • Antec cheapy
      • Monitor(s):
      • AG Neovo F19 LCD
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 4MB/s

Re: The Mobile Outlet - GONE BUST :@

Quote Originally Posted by adam1701 View Post

Gerald M Krasner
    LOL - it's Gerald Krasner!

edit: What the hell did you buy in order to be entitled to £840 of cashback?

All you can do is contact the administrators, but note that you are at the bottom of the pile when it comes to distribution of assets on liquidation. You never know, mind, they might come out of administration and start trading again, but in the situation it's probably unlikely.

More info about administration : Administration and administrative receivership | Business Link

SiM
    Thanks
    • SiM's system
      • Motherboard:
      • P5K Premium
      • CPU:
      • Q6600
      • Memory:
      • 8GB PC2-6400 OCZ ReaperX + Platinum
      • Storage:
      • 3 x 320gb HD322HJ single platter in Raid 0
      • Graphics card(s):
      • PNY GTX285
      • PSU:
      • Corsair TX650W
      • Case:
      • Antec 1200
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2407-HC

I would contact your network, explain the situation and try to cancel your contract ASAP... or at least move down to a cheaper plan...

adam1701

yep, emailed the company and spoken to orange.

orange seemed helpful about it and are trying to waiv the rest of my contract.

edit, spoken to consumer direct.

they said to email the company and give them a date to adhere to your complaint by. if no reply within 7-10 days then call consumer direct on :

who will then refer it to trading standards.
    Last edited by adam1701; 07-03-2008 at 06:53 PM.

Thanks
    • obiwinnie's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P5K Deluxe
      • CPU:
      • Intel E2160 @ 3GHz
      • Memory:
      • 4GB PC6400 @ 1000MHz
      • Storage:
      • 2 X Segate 120Gb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Powercolor 3850 512MB
      • PSU:
      • 650W
      • Monitor(s):
      • Topcon 17"
      • Internet:
      • Virgin media 20Mb

but what can the trading standards do...
    thats why i never buy from unknown online company, u never know when they will decide to go bust

adam1701

i have had 2 contracts that worked perfectly well with them, ah well, you win some you lose some.

Thanks

had 2 contracts and when the last cashback claim letter came back to me with a recorded sticker with
    "user has moved"

I'd guessed that this was the case.....
    Woohoo now Assistant Manager!

adam1701

i didnt put a return to adress on mine :/

guess im screwed.

Thanks

I've never understood anyone who takes up a cash back scheme. just seems like ask some guy in the street to hold some money, then trying to find them next month.

Thanks
    • Lucio's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P
      • CPU:
      • AMD FX-6350 with Cooler Master Seldon 240
      • Memory:
      • 2x4GB Corsair DDR3 Vengeance
      • Storage:
      • 128GB Toshiba, 2.5" SSD, 1TB WD Blue WD10EZEX, 500GB Seagate Baracuda 7200.11
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 270X 4GB
      • PSU:
      • 600W Silverstone Strider SST-ST60F
      • Case:
      • Cooler Master HAF XB
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 64Bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung 2032BW, 1680 x 1050
      • Internet:
      • 16Mb Plusnet

Quote Originally Posted by manwithnoname View Post
    I've never understood anyone who takes up a cash back scheme. just seems like ask some guy in the street to hold some money, then trying to find them next month.
    Probably because they're a very smoothly sold con. For example, adam1701, probably found his first couple of contracts did go ok, because they were small time and the company could easily pay him. This boosts his confidence in the company and then he goes and takes out a much larger contract int he hopes of making even more money.

This of course, falls over miserably because the company hopes that when people take out the larger contracts, they fall afoul of the myriad of terms in the contract (such as only post when the moon is full, send your letter with exactly 16.5p in return postage).

(\___/) (\___/) (\___/) (\___/) (\___/) (\___/) (\___/)
    (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=) (='.'=)
    (")_(") (")_(") (")_(") (")_(") (")_(") (")_(") (")_(")

This is bunny and friends. He is fed up waiting for everyone to help him out, and decided to help himself instead!

Thanks

I've been bitten by PhoneBoxDirect, but I've also managed to get some excellent cashback deals. Win some, lose some, I don't think the analogy of handing money to someone down the street is appropriate because it's not like you are not getting anything - in the worst case scenario you usually still have a phone and a contract. My contract cost £360 when I signed up. The phone which I promptly sold was worth £200 (net return is a bit less thanks to Ebay fees). As soon as I heard they went into administration, I reduced my contract to the lowest I could've go (£9), and that reduces the cost of the contract down to £234 (6x30 + 6x9). Minus one cashback of £72, and the 'loss' is just the cost of the downgrade. It's not great, and I am sure that there were better deals to be had, had I gone for a more conservative cashback scheme from a more reputable company. Risk and return: some people did manage to get 3 or more cashbacks (even the whole sum) before the company folded and pretty much walked away with a free contract and a free phone.

adam1701

nope, i had 2 contracts for previous 2 years. so 4 contracts in all. they all worked perfectly!

i took on another 2 in august 2007

i phoned the guy today (will post number later) after emailing them. he seemed alright, but said it might be between 3 and 6 months before they sort ANYTHING.

Thread Information