Thread: News - Asetek intros new all-in-one liquid CPU cooler with miniature 92mm radiator

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

News - Asetek intros new all-in-one liquid CPU cooler with miniature 92mm radiator

Shrunken radiator will allow high-performance cooling in a smaller chassis.
    Read more.

Thanks
    • c.ruel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus AM2+ M3A78-EM
      • CPU:
      • Phenom II x3 720BE
      • Memory:
      • 2x1gb ddr2 crucial ballistix
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Green
      • Graphics card(s):
      • HD 4850 512MB
      • PSU:
      • 600w coolermaster M silent whisper
      • Case:
      • Cooler master elite 341 mATX
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 Ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • 19" mitsubishi CRT
      • Internet:
      • 20meg virgin

Re: News - Asetek intros new all-in-one liquid CPU cooler with miniature 92mm radiato

More cases these days have 120mm fans rather than 92mm fans ... don't see the point myself ... but there you go.

duc
    Thanks
    • duc's system
      • Motherboard:
      • HP Spectre X360 13
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i5 8250U
      • Memory:
      • 8GB
      • Storage:
      • Samsung 256MB NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Intel
      • Case:
      • HP Spectre Convertible 13
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Home 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • 13" 4K
      • Internet:
      • Vodafone Fibre

Re: News - Asetek intros new all-in-one liquid CPU cooler with miniature 92mm radiato

Quote Originally Posted by c.ruel View Post
    More cases these days have 120mm fans rather than 92mm fans ... don't see the point myself ... but there you go.
    Shuttles

Thanks

I've just got one of the Corsair H50 things, very nice compact design, quieter than the Noctura thing I had and lower temps, although tbh I did swap board/chip/ram so dont really have a lot to base that temp on

Very nice easy to fit peice of kit, and the fan fitted straight into my mATX case..

Thanks

Unhappy Re: News - Asetek intros new all-in-one liquid CPU cooler with miniature 92mm radiato

Back in early 2007 I bought a system from Cyberpower with a self-contained Water cooler. It was my first exposure to water cooling. Cyberpower didn't do anything to let me know there is a need to refill these things over time.

My cooler was guaranteed for 2 years, and it worked fine. In the third year my computer progressively got hotter and hotter until one day it got hot enough to shut itself down.

After a day of reading on the 'net, I learned the cooler had to be refilled...I also learned that it's >< this close to impossible to find instructions to do so for my cooler.

I eventually figured it out after a day's worth of trying. here in the UK, you can only buy distilled water from Halford's and it's called "Battery Water". Forget anti-corrosion fluid, unless you want to try using that from a car. You cannot buy isopropyl alcohol at any chemist or drugstore near me. I ended up using "Surgical Spirits", which use methylated spirits too.

But let me say: it was a *real* bear to refill this unit myself. Water everywhere, including inside the pump's electronics. Restarting the PC gave me a real fright. I haven't worried that much since I was opening my first 286 PC for the first time (and had /zero/ money to fix anything I broke).

Steer clear of these "sealed" coolers. In 2-3 years, your computer will need a new cooler as you likely won't be able to refill this one either.

You think you won't have the same computer in 2-3 years? My 2007 computer is still going strong (E6700, 4gb ram, 1TB+ HD, and nVidea 8800GTX graphics means that I won't be able to (or need to) justify getting a new PC for a while now, at least now that the cooler is working again).

From now on, I'm sticking with large air coolers with 120-140mm fans (or tablets/laptops with lower powers CPUs). I don't care if it weighs 20 lbs. How often do I move my proper computer around?

Thanks

Where does the liquid go in a sealed unit?

Thread Information