• CM 690 II Advanced
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ G2222HDL & Dell 2312HM
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet

Re: News - NVIDIA shows off five new Tegra 4 optimised games

The graphics look good but I'm fed up with these mildly disturbing female characters. They just had to use an almost schoolgirl looking character and focus on her legs and breasts didn't they? Made even worse by the fact that its a golf game and its supposed to be a graphics demo.
    Its pathetic and hardly surprising the industry has trouble being accepted as a mature medium with this rubbish still going on.

Thanks
    • cptwhite_uk's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450i Gaming plus Wifi
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb DRR4 Trident Z 3200 C16
      • Storage:
      • Adata XPG SX8200 Pro 1Tb NVME SSD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX 6800 16Gb
      • PSU:
      • Corsair SF600 Gold
      • Case:
      • Ncase M1 v6
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell S2721DGF (2560x1440 144Hz Nano IPS)
      • Internet:
      • Bt 500 Mbps

I was just thinking the same thing george!

Thanks

Maybe the paedophile/golf crossover scene is significant in Japan? "Touch to play" indeed.

5. Received thanks from:

george1979 (28-02-2013),Terbinator (28-02-2013)

Thanks

Having been to Japan it's not seen as wrong in any way. I was really intrigued to see guys with mirrors on their shoes to look up skirts on the railways there...
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by george1979 View Post
    The graphics look good but I'm fed up with these mildly disturbing female characters. They just had to use an almost schoolgirl looking character and focus on her legs and breasts didn't they? Made even worse by the fact that its a golf game and its supposed to be a graphics demo.
    Its pathetic and hardly surprising the industry has trouble being accepted as a mature medium with this rubbish still going on.
    I understand what you're getting at, however, I think you're entirely wrong (not trying to start anything, just throwing my own opinion out there). The reason the industry has trouble getting accepted is simple in my opinion. It's new and everyone wants to put the blame on an industry instead of on themselves or their kids. Do you really think an animated girl with big boobs and a short skirt is the problem? Maybe you do think that is the problem and you're entitled to your own opinion but is that not what you see in every other form of media? Books, film, comics, photography, magazines, music and other forms media depict women in the exact same way and worse. Magazines for example take photos of women in "sexy" poses and "sexy" clothing then photoshop the picture to an image that is impossible to attain. They make the model skinnier, make her boobs and ass bigger, get rid of any skin blemishes and those sorts of things. The music industry is full of musicians that sing and rhyme purely about drugs, alcohol, violence and murder. It's what they do in all forms of media this is simply the newest form to bash. Everyone is also now trying to blame all these shootings on video games just like they were trying to blame shootings on rock music before that. Countless tests and studies all come to the same conclusion, there is no correlation between the two. It won't be looked at differently until the older generations are gone and the younger generations take their places. Then at some point in the future when people stop blaming games they will just blame something else.

Like i said earlier though, this is just my opinion on the subject. Hopefully I didn't ramble too much and everything makes sense.

Thanks

It's one game out of how many tens of thousands released each year?
    The industry has absolutely no issues with being accepted as a mature medium. It easily competes with sales of music and film, often exceeding them both respectively. It sounds more like you're the one who has an issue accepting it as a mature medium, not others

This game is clearly done in the style of Animee / Manhwa (most likely the latter as I think it's a Korean company). It's a standard way of presenting characters in their cultures and has nothing to do with portraying them in a 'disturbing' way. I'm honestly at a loss where this focus of legs and breasts are supposed to have happened, because I can't see it.

edit - it looks like this game isn't even marketed for the west really. Their website is in Korean with a few bits of material in broken English.
    Last edited by Agent; 28-02-2013 at 09:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

Thanks
    • george1979's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P7P55D-Pro
      • CPU:
      • i5 760
      • Memory:
      • 16Gb Kingston Hyper X
      • Storage:
      • 128Gb Crucial M4 + 1Tb Samsung F3 + 1Tb WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI GTX570 Twin Frozer 2
      • PSU:
      • 700W Coolermaster Silent M Pro
      • Case:
      • CM 690 II Advanced
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ G2222HDL & Dell 2312HM
      • Internet:
      • Plusnet

Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    It's one game out of how many tens of thousands released each year?
    The industry has absolutely no issues with being accepted as a mature medium. It easily competes with sales of music and film, often exceeding them both respectively. It sounds more like you're the one who has an issue accepting it as a mature medium, not others

This game is clearly done in the style of Animee / Manhwa (most likely the latter as I think it's a Korean company). It's a standard way of presenting characters in their cultures and has nothing to do with portraying them in a 'disturbing' way. I'm honestly at a loss where this focus of legs and breasts are supposed to have happened, because I can't see it.

As I said - I was referring to the video demonstrating improved graphics. By all means companies should make all the low rent, idiotic games they want - the people that want them will find them - but using them in a tech demo doesn't do the industry any favours IMO (see also the amazingly clever Dead Island torso promo). My reference to it struggling for acceptance relates not to its sales figures but to the wider perception of games as a medium.

I have been gaming for almost 30 years and I love it. I just wish that the industry would aim a little higher and shoot itself in the foot just a little less often. The average age of a gamer is in their 30's now so it'd be nice for the industry to reflect that more often

Thanks

but using them in a tech demo doesn't do the industry any favours IMO
    It's not a tech demo. It's a game. One you can purchase, download and play this second from the Google Play store.

This just happens to be one that is the first to use some of the new features.

If it was a tech demo from Nvidia, then they'd probably play it safer, yes. But it isn't
    Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    And by trying to force me to like small pants, they've alienated me.

scunc

I think the trend from one generation of Tegra to the next has been to release less and less phones. On Tegra 3 there was the One X and that was it from the mainstream manufacturers.

The launch of Tegra 4 had nVidia reference designs but none of the expected phone and / or tablet design wins as is usually par for the course whenever a new product is unveiled. Not even a list of companies who will be using the design in phones OF THEIR OWN DESIGN in the future afaik.
    So we might see some rebrands of the reference design phone.

And with the huge exception of Nexus 7 where are the Tegra 3 tablets - certainly less OEM support than the Tegra 2 got.
    No wonder nVidia got busy with Project Shield - they need something to put their product in sharpish.

Thanks

Done.

Thanks
    • SmurfRageQuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3
      • CPU:
      • FX 4170 5ghz
      • Memory:
      • Corsair 8gb 1600mz
      • Storage:
      • 32GB SSD
      • PSU:
      • OCZ 550w
      • Case:
      • cheap unknown case
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 22inch 720p
      • Internet:
      • Virgin

I have read more complaint from many ppl rather then been impress , but I'm not sure how good is the performance of TEGRA 4 but again I don't think of buying it. But all depends when other buys it and here their own opinion rather then hearing from the real company just to persuade u to buy it.

Thanks

I always feel that NVIDIA's Tegra games are pure marketing. It's pretty obvious that Tegra 3 games should run well on other modern chips, but even these new Tegra 4 games look to me like the could run on Tegra 3 and others. I've yet to see anything really impressive on either Tegra 3 or Tegra 4.

I don't doubt that Tegra 4 is a powerful chip, but I think that NVIDIA needs to get some high quality FPS games on it. Golf and 2D games just tell me "this chip isn't really useful".

Thanks

Still seems that is what people are developing though...quick games you can dip into for 5 mins
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

Registered+
    Thanks

There doesn't seem to be a massive difference to be honest, the lighting looks a bit better but the textures are still the same.

Thread Information