Thread: Nvidia pledges Game Ready drivers "for all the hot titles"

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Nvidia pledges Game Ready drivers "for all the hot titles"

Holiday 2015 games include Fallout 4, Star Wars: Battle Front, and Call of Duty Black Ops III.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: Nvidia pledges Game Ready drivers "for all the hot titles"

I dislike the idea of "game ready" drivers. Why aren't your drivers ready for what's being thrown at it in the first place?

Oh wait, we're getting into this stupid realm of "Eees it ophtimised *snort snort*". To me it's a blessing and a burden, the blessing is there's potentially less driver issues with games but then the burden is that game developers might get lazier.

Anthropomorphic Personification shaithis's Avatar
    Thanks
    • shaithis's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus P8Z77 WS
      • CPU:
      • i7 3770k @ 4.5GHz
      • Memory:
      • 32GB HyperX 1866
      • Storage:
      • Lots!
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire Fury X
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX850
      • Case:
      • Corsair 600T (White)
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • 2 x Dell 3007
      • Internet:
      • Zen 80Mb Fibre

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbykatze View Post
    Why aren't your drivers ready for what's being thrown at it in the first place?
    Because developers do not follow standards and guidelines.
    Main PC: Asus Rampage IV Extreme / 3960X@4.5GHz / Antec H1200 Pro / 32GB DDR3-1866 Quad Channel / Sapphire Fury X / Areca 1680 / 850W EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 2 / Corsair 600T / 2x Dell 3007 / 4 x 250GB SSD + 2 x 80GB SSD / 4 x 1TB HDD (RAID 10) / Windows 10 Pro, Yosemite & Ubuntu
    HTPC: AsRock Z77 Pro 4 / 3770K@4.2GHz / 24GB / GTX 1080 / SST-LC20 / Antec TP-550 / Hisense 65k5510 4K TV / HTC Vive / 2 x 240GB SSD + 12TB HDD Space / Race Seat / Logitech G29 / Win 10 Pro
    HTPC2: Asus AM1I-A / 5150 / 4GB / Corsair Force 3 240GB / Silverstone SST-ML05B + ST30SF / Samsung UE60H6200 TV / Windows 10 Pro
    Spare/Loaner: Gigabyte EX58-UD5 / i950 / 12GB / HD7870 / Corsair 300R / Silverpower 700W modular
    NAS 1: HP N40L / 12GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Arrays || NAS 2: Dell PowerEdge T110 II / 24GB ECC RAM / 2 x 3TB Hybrid arrays || Network:Buffalo WZR-1166DHP w/DD-WRT + HP ProCurve 1800-24G
    Laptop: Dell Precision 5510 Printer: HP CP1515n || Phone: Huawei P30 || Other: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Pro 10.1 CM14 / Playstation 4 + G29 + 2TB Hybrid drive

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shaithis View Post
    Because developers do not follow standards and guidelines.
    Yeah, that's true. But by tailor making drivers for games enables developers to continue doing non-standard game development and further compounds the issue.

Thanks

Yeah, that's true. But by tailor making drivers for games enables developers to continue doing non-standard game development and further compounds the issue.
    true, slaps on the wrist need to be done to keep devs in line from always creating badly optimised games. WB got hit hard with the ruler for batman, a pity bethesda don't get hit enough (though the games get fixed by the 'free' testers and fixers that is the modding community..).
    Saying that though, a lot of the problems with pc releases tends to come down to dev studios building games for consoles, trying to optimise it heavily for the consoles, and then trying to get those working on the pc, they tend to throw up the arms for the pc and say "sod this"... bah.

Thanks

One thing I personally noticed about driver updates is that they have been a lot more regular for my Nvidia cards than for my AMD cards, but hopefully the new AMD software may help in that score.

But yes I much prefer more regular driver updates that are optimised to help 1 or 2 upcoming games rather than fewer updates that try to help out for lots of games.

But yes I am also worried that developers will get even lazier when it comes to optimising games for pc by hoping that Nvidia and AMD will spend all the time optimising their drivers. Because there have been some really nastily unoptimised and basically unfinished games thrown out over the last 18 months or so, where even people with very high spec pc's are having problems running games.

Thanks

Maybe it's just me but I've yet to play a game that REQUIRES "game ready" driver, nor does any of them improve performance. Unless you have SLI or over a year old drivers then its not really a problem.

Thanks

The only changes I make are set Nvidia control panel settings to Triple buffering and force Enable VSync. This takes care of any tearing/fps issues.

Thanks

Nvidia get paid to write drivers why is this news? Hooray and three cheers for people doing their jobs.

What about the 3 month wait for drivers?

Registered+
    Thanks

I wonder what they actually do to the drivers to better support the game?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ValkyrieTsukiko View Post
    true, slaps on the wrist need to be done to keep devs in line from always creating badly optimised games. WB got hit hard with the ruler for batman, a pity bethesda don't get hit enough (though the games get fixed by the 'free' testers and fixers that is the modding community..).
    Saying that though, a lot of the problems with pc releases tends to come down to dev studios building games for consoles, trying to optimise it heavily for the consoles, and then trying to get those working on the pc, they tend to throw up the arms for the pc and say "sod this"... bah.
    dev`s all use the same nvidia and directx/openGL sdk, game ready driver are more todo with just having a rubbish profile for people who ar`nt that smart

Thanks

Nvidia

Thread Information