Thread: Watch nearly an hour of Civilization VI gameplay

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Watch nearly an hour of Civilization VI gameplay

And you will notice that actor Sean Bean is now the voice of Civ 6's tech tree quotes.
    Read more.

Thanks
    • LeetyMcLeet's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Auros X570 Master 1.2
      • CPU:
      • AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
      • Memory:
      • 64 GB 3600 DDR3 (G.Skill Trident Z)
      • Storage:
      • 250GB Samsung 980 Pro PCIe NVMe, 2 x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SATA3, 2 x 6TB WD Black 3.5'' HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3070Ti (MSI SUPRIM)
      • PSU:
      • Fractal Design ION Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design 7 Dark with TG Window
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • BenQ/Zowie XL @ 1080p, 240Hz
      • Internet:
      • BT Business FTTC/VDSL ~ 50Mbps

Re: Watch nearly an hour of Civilization VI gameplay

I'm all over this!

Thanks

Is it going to be so radically different from the first 5 that its worth spending approx £40 for? ... I think not.

I just picked up Civ 5 with all add-ons for £7, that will do nicely until this is similar price in the future.

Talk about flogging a dead horse, get some new ideas.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by realstock View Post
    Is it going to be so radically different from the first 5 that its worth spending approx £40 for? ... I think not.

I just picked up Civ 5 with all add-ons for £7, that will do nicely until this is similar price in the future.

Talk about flogging a dead horse, get some new ideas.
    Indeed, I mean, doom (re-release) why the hell is it worth playing this tired crap. Doom or quake are totally fine. They need to get some new ideas.

Not that there's anything wrong with civ5, there's always been a worthy addition so far to each release. Some have already played civ5 to death as well.

Thanks

Have you even played Doom 2016? It's like original Doom in spirit but it's a very different game, and able to stand by itself as a very enjoyable game. I was a big fan of the original game, and I enjoyed the 2016 one just as much.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MercutioUK View Post

Indeed, I mean, doom (re-release) why the hell is it worth playing this tired crap. Doom or quake are totally fine. They need to get some new ideas.
    I doubt you've even played it. Quake is a predominantly multiplayer game and it's nothing like the new doom. I've played it quite a bit and i wish it was MORE like the quake series. None of this loadouts, xp gaining tosh like you get in EVERY other FPS game.

Single player is kind-of like the original but again, I find it to not be enough chaos and mayhem like the original.

Thanks

Looks great, but why oh why is the end turn processing so slow - even on the early turns it takes ages to process the AI moves...

Registered+
    Thanks

Could this be the first game to have a killable narrator?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by overpowerlol View Post
    I doubt you've even played it. Quake is a predominantly multiplayer game and it's nothing like the new doom. I've played it quite a bit and i wish it was MORE like the quake series. None of this loadouts, xp gaining tosh like you get in EVERY other FPS game.

Single player is kind-of like the original but again, I find it to not be enough chaos and mayhem like the original.
    As it happens. My first rig was a pentium 120mhz with a rage 2d and voodoo 3D card when all that was serious business.

Was maybe off the mark bit civ games have always been evolutionary, it's no huge step. Same can be said for most shooters though (yes, yes, the original arena shooters are a different breed to the modern class/loadout/etc types but still...).

My point was more one of "yes, it's other civ game, but much like another shooter, we all know what it means and there's still some intrinsic value in seeing where they went with it".

Also, I forsee a new AAA arena shooter being only a matter of time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MercutioUK View Post
    As it happens. My first rig was a pentium 120mhz with a rage 2d and voodoo 3D card when all that was serious business.

Was maybe off the mark bit civ games have always been evolutionary, it's no huge step. Same can be said for most shooters though (yes, yes, the original arena shooters are a different breed to the modern class/loadout/etc types but still...).

My point was more one of "yes, it's other civ game, but much like another shooter, we all know what it means and there's still some intrinsic value in seeing where they went with it".

Also, I forsee a new AAA arena shooter being only a matter of time.
    You lucky sod! I remember playing the original Civ game on my 386 with a full 90mhz and a co-processor! Watching those square tiles move around the map on a carpet of dotted black lines. I was an avid Doom/Quake2(3) player, I cannot tell you how long I played those but I racked up 600 hrs on Civ 5.

Beyond earth lasted about 10 hours, I just didn't like that at all! I'm hoping that this one will carry my interest back to how it should be. Simulation games are designed to simulate a situation, how can you evolve a simulation other than changing play ability, visuals and sound?

Did you see the video of Quake champions posted at Quakecon last weekend? Id should have spend the money the put into Doom multiplayer into upping the single player experience (like it should have been) and just let Quake do that job.

Thread Information