Thread: AMD's latest drivers include Project ReSX improvements.

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

AMD's latest drivers include Project ReSX improvements.

RSAE 18.3.1 is the first to use the 'Radeon eSports eXperience' optimisation code.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: AMD's latest drivers include Project ReSX improvements.

It also appears that this is NOT for use with the RR based APU's....
    Bit of a bad situation that
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

Long member
    Thanks
    • philehidiot's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Father's bored
      • CPU:
      • Cockroach brain V0.1
      • Memory:
      • Innebriated, unwritten
      • Storage:
      • Big Yellow Self Storage
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Semi chewed Crayola Mega Pack
      • PSU:
      • 20KW single phase direct grid supply
      • Case:
      • Closed, Open, Cold
      • Operating System:
      • Cockroach
      • Monitor(s):
      • The mental health nurses
      • Internet:
      • Please.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dcandy View Post
    It also appears that this is NOT for use with the RR based APU's....
    Bit of a bad situation that
    I love abbreviations. Depending on your primary technical lingo they can make for entertaining, nonsensical reading. On first pass I read that as "It also appears that this is NOT for use with the rate response based auxiliary power units".

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by philehidiot View Post
    I love abbreviations. Depending on your primary technical lingo they can make for entertaining, nonsensical reading. On first pass I read that as "It also appears that this is NOT for use with the rate response based auxiliary power units".
    Probably makes as much sense to be fair on re-reading.
    This is not for the latest Raven Ridge powered laptop processors that AMD make.... ahem
    Old puter - still good enuff till I save some pennies!

Registered+
    Thanks
    • Dragonstongue's system
      • Motherboard:
      • M5A99X EVO
      • CPU:
      • Phenom II x4 955BE @4.2Ghz
      • Memory:
      • 8gb Gskill 1866 9,10,9,28,42 1.5v
      • Storage:
      • MX 200 500gb primary MX100 256gb secondary,WD EZEX blue sata 6gb 1tb
      • Graphics card(s):
      • MSI TFIII 7870 OC 1gb 1245 core 1560 memory
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic G650....HX750 (old)
      • Case:
      • Fractal Define C
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 7 64 ultimate
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung P2570HD
      • Internet:
      • 10mb/2mb

They really should (IMO) also put work toward the more Esports based card that being the x50 and x60 lines i.e RX 450/460 or 550/560 fine tune the performance on these and more easily able to capture the much more amount of shaders etc that the larger cards have...and while they are at it, figure out a way to "tune" the power use profiles for ALL the cards in their portfolio, that is when certain parts of the card are not being used, they should not maintain a full power on status, horsepower is always a good thing to have, but, if that horsepower is being used to keep a very wide fuel pump open for it to only use 1/3 to 1/2 of what it can do, that power is wasted for nothing gained.

I love my Radeons, have for a very long time, but it seems that their power profiles are not being tuned optimally or at least as dynamically as they should be (for example, take the gpu drop the core voltage from 1.219 to 1.078 and it runs at maximum clocks at much less actual out of the wall power IMO there NEEDS to be more effort put driver side or circuit wise to better maintain power levels as low as possible and still maintain performance and stability)

Cool they target RX 580, which tend to be on the upper end of the more expensive radeons you currently can get (sometimes) instead of target something that is closer to the price they should be (likely more sold) x50/x60 lines, if they target the "little guys" first, they can always ramp it up to get the horsepower out of the big guns...Radeon/AMD for many years always targeted more of a mainstream first and tone it down or ramp it up to target the other portions of the market, it served them very well for many years, not sure why they switched this mentality for the RX card (300-400-500-Vega)

baseline example my 7870 was a very happy medium with quite a bit of performance at reasonable power use at reasonable cost, they really have not "replaced" this card for like 4-5 generations, just above or below performance and power use (for about the same temperature output) AMD really need to get back to the start in the middle approach vs jumping right to the top end and basically making the low end ones almost useless and making the "big boys" end up using too much power (than they probably should be, especially for being at 14/12nm..they certainly need more focus on proper voltage binning at least to make sure that the "turbo boost" is most of the time vs best case scenario)

Anyways.

Thread Information