Thread: AMD 'Big Navi' 3DMark Firestrike results shared by HW testing firm

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

AMD 'Big Navi' 3DMark Firestrike results shared by HW testing firm

And there are AMD Linux driver indications that a Navi 1X 'blockchain' card is on the way.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: AMD 'Big Navi' 3DMark Firestrike results shared by HW testing firm

Leaking XT vs the 3080 would make sense, if the XTX is aiming at the 3090 and the XL at the 3070 I guess, still, leaks mean nothing until you guys get some test hardware, and even then not a huge amount if we can't actually buy them and there's an NVidia style faux launch...

Thanks

A real world test would be nice to see.And,yes it is still unavailable.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by [GSV
    Trig;304]Leaking XT vs the 3080 would make sense, if the XTX is aiming at the 3090 and the XL at the 3070 I guess, still, leaks mean nothing until you guys get some test hardware, and even then not a huge amount if we can't actually buy them and there's an NVidia style faux launch...
    This is exactly what people have been theorizing.

Putting the XTX ahead of the 3090.

It seems very likely all the rumours could be true about Nvidia

Thanks

I am interested in seeing what the competetion has to offer.... I refuse to be a fanboy to any of the teams.

IQ: 1.42
    Thanks
    • Tunnah's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus somethingorother
      • CPU:
      • 3700X
      • Memory:
      • 16GB 3600
      • Storage:
      • Various SSDs, 90TB RAID6 HDDs
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 1080Ti
      • PSU:
      • Silverstone 650w
      • Case:
      • Lian-Li PC70B
      • Operating System:
      • Win10
      • Internet:
      • 40mbit Sky Fibre

I wonder what altcoin is causing a resurgence - my (very very limited) understanding of it was the maths became too difficult for conventional graphics cards, and even FPGAs were struggling to be of value to the typical user. Unless you had a cheap power source (or a stolen one of course) you'd never break even on costs.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yoyoyo69 View Post
    This is exactly what people have been theorizing.

Putting the XTX ahead of the 3090.

It seems very likely all the rumours could be true about Nvidia
    Given the difference between the 3080 and 3090 in benchmarks the XTX could be a real winner given the same amount of RAM..

Thanks
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

Going to be super interesting to see what stock levels AMD are going to have.
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by QuorTek View Post
    I am interested in seeing what the competetion has to offer.... I refuse to be a fanboy to any of the teams.
    Agreed

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Terbinator View Post
    Going to be super interesting to see what stock levels AMD are going to have.
    Well, that is the real question, obviously, NVidia aren't going to admit they had their hand forced by AMD, and that the Samsung deal they got wasn't because they couldn't get the room elsewhere, and the issues they've had isn't down to crappy AIB's builds, not that I am saying that's what actually happened but there's a lot of separate little issues that really haven't helped NVidia, coupled with their half-arsed excuses/admissions about not expecting the demand and so on, if AMD stock levels are good and the cards are benching close enough to the NVidia stuff then I can see those that wanted the NVidia card going AMD simply because they want an upgrade, have the money, and NVidia just can't get cards..

Certainly interesting times ahead..

Thanks
    • Terbinator's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASRock H61M
      • CPU:
      • Intel Xeon 1230-V3
      • Memory:
      • Geil Evo Corsa 2133/8GB
      • Storage:
      • M4 128GB, 2TB WD Red
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Gigabyte GTX Titan
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX760i
      • Case:
      • Coolermaster 130
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Dell Ultrasharp U2711H
      • Internet:
      • Virgin Media 60Mb.

Quote Originally Posted by [GSV]Trig View Post
    Well, that is the real question, obviously, NVidia aren't going to admit they had their hand forced by AMD, and that the Samsung deal they got wasn't because they couldn't get the room elsewhere, and the issues they've had isn't down to crappy AIB's builds, not that I am saying that's what actually happened but there's a lot of separate little issues that really haven't helped NVidia, coupled with their half-arsed excuses/admissions about not expecting the demand and so on, if AMD stock levels are good and the cards are benching close enough to the NVidia stuff then I can see those that wanted the NVidia card going AMD simply because they want an upgrade, have the money, and NVidia just can't get cards..

Certainly interesting times ahead..
    Completely. It seems the '6800 XT' results aren't far behind 3080 in Port Royale (RT) and ahead in the TimeSpy/FireStrike tests too - https://www.igorslab.de/en/3dmark-in...th-raytracing/

- and would also explain the seemingly incoming '3075' - https://videocardz.com/newz/nvidia-a...424-cuda-cores - this gen's GTX 465?

In regards to games though, whilst theoretical RT performance is there, it seems we will be waiting on actual in-game support of AMDs RT solution (i.e. no RT support in CP2077 for AMD at launch). I don't know the exact ins and outs of this, it could be AMD users can still use RT as it is through DXR anyway, it just isn't officially supported.

Overall, AMD have had really good yields on TSCM 7nm so hopefully that translates to GPUs too as the leaked performance looks there. Pricing needs to be right.
    Last edited by Terbinator; 24-10-2020 at 09:46 AM.
    Kalniel: "Nice review Tarinder - would it be possible to get a picture of the case when the components are installed (with the side off obviously)?"
    CAT-THE-FIFTH: "The Antec 300 is a case which has an understated and clean appearance which many people like. Not everyone is into e-peen looking computers which look like a cross between the imagination of a hyperactive 10 year old and a Frog."
    TKPeters: "Off to AVForum better Deal - £20+Vat for Free Shipping @ Scan"
    for all intents it seems to be the same card minus some gays name on it and a shielded cover ? with OEM added to it - GoNz0.

Thanks

Considering the new consoles are using AMD GPUs for RT, I'm not too concerned about their RT capabilities. It may even turn out to be a bit of sleeper as RT is slowly optimised for AMD hardware. I also have to consider that not even the 3090 can hit 4K60 with RT enabled so I don't think this generation of cards as a whole has quite reached RT maturity yet like we might have been hoping for so I imagine I'll be keeping RT turned off for a while yet no matter which card I get. If so called 'leaks' are true then the 6800 at 200-250W looks perfect for me. Touching 3080 performance at two-thirds the wattage, great overclocker because it has been artificially underclocked, and rubbing shoulders with 3070 price-wise. Fingers crossed eh?

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zhaoman View Post
    If so called 'leaks' are true then the 6800 at 200-250W looks perfect for me. Touching 3080 performance at two-thirds the wattage, great overclocker because it has been artificially underclocked, and rubbing shoulders with 3070 price-wise. Fingers crossed eh?
    AMD's second-tier cards have always been stupendously good value for money, so I'm hoping for a repeat of history on that front!

Thread Information