Thread: Z590 Aorus Master

HEXUS.admin
    Thanks

Z590 Aorus Master

Begging for a Rocket Lake-S CPU.
    Read more.

Thanks

Re: Z590 Aorus Master

I wish more manufacturers would start replacing Type-A USB ports with Type-C ports

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by will19565 View Post
    I wish more manufacturers would start replacing Type-A USB ports with Type-C ports
    I literally have two things that uses a usb c connections and that's my phone and tablet, neither of which physically attach to my pc and the only use of the port is for charging....

On my pc front, not one single item has a usb c connection (although an external ssd I'm eyeing will have support) and in the case of my mouse/keyboard/3d connexion (all wireless dongles and no support for bluetooth) don't even have the option of using usb c, hell I don't know of any usb c wireless adapters full stop...

The hardware we use needs to catch up or support usb c sockets before adding more usb c slots. In all honesty on a pc backpanel, where majority of the time the ports are permanently used, I doubt it makes much difference to the user to go from a usb a to a usb c via the cable.

Thanks
    • Iota's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Maximus Hero XI
      • CPU:
      • Intel Core i9 9900KF
      • Memory:
      • CMD32GX4M2C3200C16
      • Storage:
      • 1 x 1TB / 3 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Nvidia RTX 3090 Founders Edition
      • PSU:
      • Corsair HX1200i
      • Case:
      • Corsair Obsidian 500D
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • Samsung Odyssey G9
      • Internet:
      • 500Mbps BT FTTH

Quote Originally Posted by LSG501 View Post
    I literally have two things that uses a usb c connections and that's my phone and tablet, neither of which physically attach to my pc and the only use of the port is for charging....

On my pc front, not one single item has a usb c connection (although an external ssd I'm eyeing will have support) and in the case of my mouse/keyboard/3d connexion (all wireless dongles and no support for bluetooth) don't even have the option of using usb c, hell I don't know of any usb c wireless adapters full stop...

The hardware we use needs to catch up or support usb c sockets before adding more usb c slots. In all honesty on a pc backpanel, where majority of the time the ports are permanently used, I doubt it makes much difference to the user to go from a usb a to a usb c via the cable.
    I have two USB Type-C ports, one back panel and one on my case. The back one is in permanent use for an external M.2 NVMe drive, the front one gets used for phone / iPad (same cable). Until mouse / keyboard / dongles all start using the extra bandwidth available with the Type-C I just can't see the need for more ports, I'd also be annoyed at losing USB 2/3 ports as most of mine are in use to the extent I actually use the passthrough on my monitor for my xbox controller dongle.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by will19565 View Post
    chicken/egg problem, we are not getting more USB C the devices that uses double sided USB C connector are few. I got USB C in my phone, but still cable is USB A to USB C.
    it would be good if at some point we change all the cables and ports to USB C connector but I guess people dont care that much about that.
    anyway, decent number of USB ports, nice mobo, price over the top.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iota View Post
    I have two USB Type-C ports, one back panel and one on my case. The back one is in permanent use for an external M.2 NVMe drive, the front one gets used for phone / iPad (same cable). Until mouse / keyboard / dongles all start using the extra bandwidth available with the Type-C I just can't see the need for more ports, I'd also be annoyed at losing USB 2/3 ports as most of mine are in use to the extent I actually use the passthrough on my monitor for my xbox controller dongle.
    Honestly I'm starting to get to the point where I'm using even less usb sockets on my actual pc....

I don't use one of my printers these days and the my other one is a multifunction one and can use wifi (not that I use that much either), my scanner is basically redundant due to the wifi print/scanner, I have a hub built into my screen where I can plug my dongles for mouse etc, so can run from just one usb cable from the pc. I'm moving away from usb hard drives to just nas storage so my pc could literally run on power, sound, display, ethernet and 1 usb at the back if I wanted it to. I can connect up to my tablet/phone via apps and wifi so they don't even need to be connected to the pc.

Always handy for the front ports for usb drives though as it's a quick plug in point, reaching round the back of the pc can get annoying lol.

Thanks
    • Gentle Viking's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte Aorus extreme X399
      • CPU:
      • TR 1920 X
      • Memory:
      • G Skill 64GB ( 8 X 8 ) PC3600 @ 3400
      • Storage:
      • Samsung evo 500GB nvme - 256GB Kingston SSD - 4TB spinning disk
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Powercolor 5700 XT red devil
      • PSU:
      • Corsair RM850I
      • Case:
      • Working on it, done summer 2020
      • Operating System:
      • windows 10 Ulti
      • Monitor(s):
      • 27" iiyama GB2788HS
      • Internet:
      • docis 3.1 cable 1000/100 mbit

What ????? only one RJ45,,,, my board have 3

Okay, I did go overboard on hardware on my last update ( threadripper and expensive HEDT board )
    Ill fall back to something a bit more down to earth next time, probably regular Ryzen and only 4 RAM sockets which i hope are DDR5, will also relax on core count, it dont have to be more then 12 next time.
    I went with the 12 core TR processor as my phone at the time had 10 cores, and you cant have a phone with more cores than your PC.

This damn thing i am on,,,,,, idle at 180 Watts.

Thread Information