Thread: Sharp 903

MurphmanL

Sharp 903

Has anyone else here got this handset or am I the only lucky soul to have one?
    It is a great phone, and is the best non smartphone offering I think you'll find by a longshot (then again the K750, W800 , W900 etc are all good contenders too) but there are some minor annoyances I have with this handset and wondered if any hexians out there had figured out any workarounds?

First of all - dark and gloomy vodafone theme, I am told the Sharp 903 originally supports 3 customizable themes but vodafone have locked this out, so I was wondering if anyone here has managed to flash a different firmware to the phone and if they have been successful in doing so?

Secondly - java apps. It seems the only way to get java applets on the handset is via wap, so im thinking of buying a voda payg sim and just sticking a tenner on it and getting as much as i want when i want rather than racking up a bill.
    I do hear though there is a firmware that allows the applets to be stored and run on the SD card, any ideas of this?

Third and finally, an extended battery would be nice since the phone seems to lock out hte majority of functionality when the battery is around 25% from being depleted, anybody seen any batteries around that are > 900mah for the 903?

Cheers guys

Thanks

Re: Sharp 903

yes i have a 903 from new but now it not working the signal strength is lost all the screen is saying is no service and it not block can any one help

Thread Information