Thread: Technical questions regarding an RTX DUALphone 3088 Skype phone

Registered+
    Thanks

Technical questions regarding an RTX DUALphone 3088 Skype phone

Please note that I am aware that this phone is not a mobile phone, however I have placed my query in this forum section as I do not know where else to post it.

I have had my RTX DUALphone 3088 for a couple of years now (which I am not prepared to part with unless I replace it with another one). Unfortunately due to the smoothness of the phone the unit has slipped from my hands too many times now. The handset still works; however, the loudspeaker does not function like a loudspeaker any more.

Would anyone know if it is possible to do the following (I will be asking a similar question to http://dualphone.net the manufacturers of this phone):

- Buy a new additional RTX DUALphone 3088 handset, and configure it as if it were the primary handset. (In theory this should be possible especially if the handset is a proper DECT phone). This would be my preferred option if it is possible to achieve.

- If this is not possible, I believe having read in the manual (a long time ago) that a headset with some sort of phono jack can be plugged into the RTX DUALphone 3088 handset, is this correct and if so, which headset is the best one for this handset? (This may be a temporary solution until I get another handset).

- Finally if none of these are options that I can use, I will be buying another (primary) RTX DUALphone 3088, possibly with an additional handset in case the problem recurs, because it is an excellent phone for me. My only way to prevent the problem from recurring is to place rubber bands, at the top / bottom of the handset to get more grip (reverting to low technology solutions).

Registered+
    Thanks

Re: Technical questions regarding an RTX DUALphone 3088 Skype phone

After some back and forth query with Dualphone, the manufacturer of these handset, I found out that:
    • It is possible to get a second handset and use it instead of the primary one (perhaps this is true in theory). Therefore, instead, of trying this I have bought a brand new RTX Dualphone 3088 handset including its base unit.
    • I also tried to use the new handset with the old base unit and the new handset could not recognise the old base unit, I have even tried to reconfigure the complete unit and it wouldn’t have it. This indicates that there is some sort of “hardcoded” setting that only enables a particular primary handset to function with a base unit.
    • In term of reparation of a damaged RTX Dualphone unit, the manufacturer advises to contact the online company or other retailer, where the handset was purchased, and ask them to organise the repairs, as Dualphone have deals with their unit resellers to handle

Thread Information