Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What phones do really nice hd videos??

ZaO

What phones do really nice hd videos??

I'm looking to spend about £200-£300 on a new phone with the most important feature being the video camera. I'm not really to specific about which make I want. I just want a phone that does the best videos for my money. I have a nice sony compact camera but I only carry it with me when I plan to shoot stuff so it just doesn't seem to be there at those random moments when something good happens, and so all the best stuff just gets captured on my phone which doesn't have a great camera. I'm thinking of just selling my camera and trying to get a nice phone that can replace it if possible. If any of you guys are clued up about current phones then please give me some advice! But remember - it's all about the camera! If something is a cool phone but the camera isn't anything special then I'm not interested Cheers

Edit: I have gone for the Galaxy S3. Thanks for all the replies
    Last edited by ZaO; 06-09-2012 at 12:41 AM.

Drum & Bass Till I Die deejayburnout's Avatar
    Thanks
    • deejayburnout's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte x470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 2600 at stock speeds ( for now)
      • Memory:
      • 2 x Corsair 8GB DDR4 Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Gigabyte 128GB M.2 PCIe x2 NVMe SSD, 120GB Kingston SV200, 2 x 1TB WD Drive, 2 x 2TB WD Drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix RX 580 8G Gaming OC Edition
      • PSU:
      • OCZ 750 Watt
      • Case:
      • NZXT Noctis 450
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34UM65-P Ultrawide
      • Internet:
      • 72mb Down 19mb up - Vodafone

Re: What phones do really nice hd videos??

I have a blackberry bold 9900 and TBH the camera sucks. Its the best Blackberry at the moment and its poor for camera. Stay away from Blackberrys.

My wife has a Galaxy S2 and at 8M its a good camera. Videos are clear and crisp. I do think that if you are too quick with moving it, it can be little blocky ( if that makes any sense ) However overall a good video camera.

hope that helps.
    Better to Burn out than Fade Away
    Check out my Youtube channel - Crispy Crisperson

3. Received thanks from:

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by deejayburnout View Post
    I have a blackberry bold 9900 and TBH the camera sucks. Its the best Blackberry at the moment and its poor for camera. Stay away from Blackberrys.

My wife has a Galaxy S2 and at 8M its a good camera. Videos are clear and crisp. I do think that if you are too quick with moving it, it can be little blocky ( if that makes any sense ) However overall a good video camera.

hope that helps.
    Yeh I'm not keen on blackberry phones either. Those Samsung Galaxy phones do some pretty nice video but they're way pricey :/ I don't think I can afford one of them unless the cheaper versions have good cameras to, but I doubt it. I looked at a Sony ericsson earlier which had an 8MP camera and does 720p videos which costed about £230 I think. The video just looks a bit jumpy though unless neither the camera or anything in the scene is moving much. It might be what I have to settle for considering my budget but I'm hoping there's gonna be something better I can get Cheers for the input!

Drum & Bass Till I Die deejayburnout's Avatar
    Thanks
    • deejayburnout's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Gigabyte x470 Aorus Ultra Gaming
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 2600 at stock speeds ( for now)
      • Memory:
      • 2 x Corsair 8GB DDR4 Vengeance LPX 3000MHz
      • Storage:
      • Gigabyte 128GB M.2 PCIe x2 NVMe SSD, 120GB Kingston SV200, 2 x 1TB WD Drive, 2 x 2TB WD Drive
      • Graphics card(s):
      • ASUS ROG Strix RX 580 8G Gaming OC Edition
      • PSU:
      • OCZ 750 Watt
      • Case:
      • NZXT Noctis 450
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 64bit
      • Monitor(s):
      • LG 34UM65-P Ultrawide
      • Internet:
      • 72mb Down 19mb up - Vodafone
    No worries

Any luck choosing yet?

Brap Brap
    Better to Burn out than Fade Away
    Check out my Youtube channel - Crispy Crisperson

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by deejayburnout View Post
    No worries

Any luck choosing yet?

Brap Brap
    Yeh I did a whole lot of looking at phones and decided to go with the galaxy s3. It costs way more than I wanted to spend but the videos on it are the best I've seen on a phone. Can't wait to get it

Registered+
    Thanks

i would recommend the htc one x . It equips with a really good camera and the quard core processor can handle all those hd shooting. Especially the phone has been on the market for 6 months. I think it is a really good time to get a new one at relative low price before they cease production.

Registered+
    Thanks

The Galaxy S2 supports full HD video recording as well as the Galaxy Note .

I own the Galaxy Note, and the videos are quite clear.
    Apart from the HD camera they are great phones, with some good Android support at XDA for rooting and upgrading.

Otherwise if you can get an iPhone 4 or 4(S), they have the best image quality.

Galaxy Nexus has 720p recording i think, but is good. Lumia 800 is quite good too. But not sure if it has HD recording.

Came across this article

Registered+
    Thanks

Double Post. Please delete.

ZaO

Thanks for the replies but I already decided on the S3. I had one for 1 day and sent it back because the camera didn't work so am waiting for my replacement lol >_<

Registered+
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZaO View Post
    Thanks for the replies but I already decided on the S3. I had one for 1 day and sent it back because the camera didn't work so am waiting for my replacement lol >_<
    How much did it cost you? It's a good phone, but im still used to the Galaxy Note's screen, so i would prefer the Galaxy Note 2

ZaO

Quote Originally Posted by ryandigweed View Post
    How much did it cost you? It's a good phone, but im still used to the Galaxy Note's screen, so i would prefer the Galaxy Note 2
    To much money lol... Getting it on a catalogue cos there's no way I could buy it outright! The note is cool. It looks better than the S3 but the screen is a bit to big for my liking. I like to put my phone in my pocket! The S3 is quite a lot more powerful though and it apparently holds up a steadier framerate on videos so I went for it. The new note is even better though. I could've waited for that but it'll probably cost upwards of £600 I'm guessing :/ If you already got a note then just keep it I say. It's a sweet phone!

Registered+
    Thanks

To much money lol... Getting it on a catalogue cos there's no way I could buy it outright! The note is cool. It looks better than the S3 but the screen is a bit to big for my liking. I like to put my phone in my pocket! The S3 is quite a lot more powerful though and it apparently holds up a steadier framerate on videos so I went for it. The new note is even better though. I could've waited for that but it'll probably cost upwards of £600 I'm guessing :/ If you already got a note then just keep it I say. It's a sweet phone!

Yeah I won't upgrade to the Note 2, unless someone gives me a whole butt load of cash. AHHA But anyway the only drawback about the Galaxy Note is the quite less battery life.

Or maybe im a way too heavy user, because on standby the battery seems fine. lol

ZaO

Yeah I won't upgrade to the Note 2, unless someone gives me a whole butt load of cash. AHHA But anyway the only drawback about the Galaxy Note is the quite less battery life.

Or maybe im a way too heavy user, because on standby the battery seems fine. lol
    Well I checked on the Samsung website and the note is meant to have a better battery that lasts longer than the S3's so I'm not sure what I'm in for lol! I've heard good things about the battery life on both these phones though so maybe you just are a heavy user

Registered+
    Thanks

Well I checked on the Samsung website and the note is meant to have a better battery that lasts longer than the S3's so I'm not sure what I'm in for lol! I've heard good things about the battery life on both these phones though so maybe you just are a heavy user

a mate told me that his s3 was lasting 2-3 days with medium usage.

Mine only lasts around 1 day. I either use the wifi and apps alot, or text alot

The S3 Came with a higher capacity battery, but then again it has a quadcore chip to power

ZaO

a mate told me that his s3 was lasting 2-3 days with medium usage.

Mine only lasts around 1 day. I either use the wifi and apps alot, or text alot

The S3 Came with a higher capacity battery, but then again it has a quadcore chip to power
    A couple days is an alright time to get out of a phone. It's having those big screens on all the time that really kills the battery. Wifi can juice it quite bad to on some phones. Doesn't android have a built in thing which tells you what has been using the battery the most? That should help give you an idea...

Registered+
    Thanks
    A couple days is an alright time to get out of a phone. It's having those big screens on all the time that really kills the battery. Wifi can juice it quite bad to on some phones. Doesn't android have a built in thing which tells you what has been using the battery the most? That should help give you an idea...
    Yep sure is alright. Yeah the big screens do take the most of the juice. I use the built in battery app to check the usage. The most is either the screen, media manager or something like that . But there are tons of apps that have push notifications that must he eating the battery. At first I didn't know how to close the open apps (since this is my first android phone) but then I found my way around town. Waiting for a few months then I might flash a battery optimized kernel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information