• EVGA Supernova G2 1000W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li V3000 Plus
      • Operating System:
      • Win11
      • Monitor(s):
      • Gigabyte M32U
      • Internet:
      • 900Mbps Gigaclear WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Re: PDA to make a return?

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    I definitely miss the keyboards from my old rebranded HTC devices running Windows mobile.
    I'm sure the emulators on that device ran better than they do now on android.
    I got a pristine condition Orange M5000 and a Qtek9100... At least one of them has the 'Windows Mobile 6' sort of funky custom ROM from XDA. Should probably put it on eBay one of these days...!

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

Quote Originally Posted by scaryjim View Post
    Define "normal". If you mean an on-screen touch keyboard, I'm not surprised - I hate them too. Far too easy to mistype, bad feedback/response ... the swipe typing on the Windows 10 Phone keyboard wasn't bad, but it was far from perfect ... so I now have a Blackberry keyONE. It has a lovely physical qwerty keyboard that is a delight to type on, and runs a fairly vanilla Android with some nice Blackberry apps on top.

Have to agree that the 'choice' in phones is awful now - it's basically an iPhone, one of ~40 identikit Android touch slabs, or my keyONE. Anything new & interesting would be a delight.
    After you mentioning the keyONE, and me having continuing issues with my Oneplus One, I'm really seriously considering it as a replacement... I rarely do anything other than social media, texting and calls on my phone these days so as a media device, im not too bothered about it having the strange aspect ratio.

Overall, would you give it a stamp of £370 approval?

Thanks
    • scaryjim's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Dell Inspiron
      • CPU:
      • Core i5 8250U
      • Memory:
      • 2x 4GB DDR4 2666
      • Storage:
      • 128GB M.2 SSD + 1TB HDD
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Radeon R5 230
      • PSU:
      • Battery/Dell brick
      • Case:
      • Dell Inspiron 5570
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 15" 1080p laptop panel

Quote Originally Posted by Biscuit View Post
    ... Overall, would you give it a stamp of £370 approval?
    I went from an £11/month contract to a new 24-month contract at £27/month just to get the handset, so that'll be ~ £384. I haven't regretted it for a second. I'm a fairly to very light mobile user, and sometimes I can get 3 - 4 days between charges. I think I've managed to drain it in a day once, but I was watching live streaming video from the BBC for several hours on that day! It's smooth, responsive, the Blackberry customisations actually add to the Android experience, and I haven't been able to throw anything at it so far that it can't cope with. Plus the keyboard is gorgeous to work on. It also uses the keyboard as a touchpad, and while I don't use that very often (and very occasionally delete a word by accident because I tend to let my fingers drift over the surface of the keyboard as I'm typing) when I do use its features it's genuinely helpful.

Erm, yeah, I might quite like this phone

I'm not going to lie - if they did a cheaper version I'd've gone for that (I loved my Q5 - if BB10 had developer. support I'd still be using it, and failing that an Android Q5 would've been my ideal device). I suspect this thing has a lot of features I'll never even know about, let alone use. It's the most I've ever spent on a phone by a long way.

Still worth it. SO worth it

4. Received thanks from:

Biscuit (12-01-2018)

Thanks
    • Biscuit's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI B450M Mortar
      • CPU:
      • AMD 2700X (Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3)
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Patriot Viper 2 @ 3466MHz
      • Storage:
      • 500GB WD Black
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X
      • PSU:
      • Seasonic Focus Gold 750W
      • Case:
      • Lian Li PC-V359
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 x64
      • Internet:
      • BT Infinity 80/20

Quote Originally Posted by scaryjim View Post
    I went from an £11/month contract to a new 24-month contract at £27/month just to get the handset, so that'll be ~ £384. I haven't regretted it for a second. I'm a fairly to very light mobile user, and sometimes I can get 3 - 4 days between charges. I think I've managed to drain it in a day once, but I was watching live streaming video from the BBC for several hours on that day! It's smooth, responsive, the Blackberry customisations actually add to the Android experience, and I haven't been able to throw anything at it so far that it can't cope with. Plus the keyboard is gorgeous to work on. It also uses the keyboard as a touchpad, and while I don't use that very often (and very occasionally delete a word by accident because I tend to let my fingers drift over the surface of the keyboard as I'm typing) when I do use its features it's genuinely helpful.

Erm, yeah, I might quite like this phone

I'm not going to lie - if they did a cheaper version I'd've gone for that (I loved my Q5 - if BB10 had developer. support I'd still be using it, and failing that an Android Q5 would've been my ideal device). I suspect this thing has a lot of features I'll never even know about, let alone use. It's the most I've ever spent on a phone by a long way.

Still worth it. SO worth it
    Reckon Ill have to try and keep and eye out, see if I can get a good deal on one then

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information