Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not enough memory or, Tablet dying?

Thanks
    • cheesemp's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ASUS TUF x570-plus
      • CPU:
      • Ryzen 3600
      • Memory:
      • 16gb Corsair RGB ram
      • Storage:
      • 256Gb NVMe + 500Gb TcSunbow SDD (cheap for games only)
      • Graphics card(s):
      • RX 480 8Gb Nitro+ OC (with auto OC to above 580 speeds!)
      • PSU:
      • Cooler Master MWE 750 bronze
      • Case:
      • Gamemax f15m
      • Operating System:
      • Win 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • 32" QHD AOC Q3279VWF
      • Internet:
      • FTTC ~35Mb

Re: Not enough memory or, Tablet dying?

Quote Originally Posted by DanceswithUnix View Post
    I believe Microsoft still do heavy discount (free?) Windows 10 to really low end hardware to avoid Netbooks coming back. No way you could make a Windows tablet for £100 when the Windows licence alone costs that much. The 32GB storage, 11.6" screen, 2GB of ram and a low end Atom CPU seem to be limits that if anyone crosses the cost suddenly jumps up. My daughter's ASUS Transformer was something like £130 for a nice little tablet with dockable keyboard included. If you bought the next model up with 4GB of ram and a bit more storage it was about £250.
    Yes that was definitely the case. I think it might be changing though now. I've seen a few better spec'd ones now but only a few no name Chinese brands. I think Microsoft are getting less and less bothered by Windows licensing earnings but there are also less and less manufactures chasing the bottom end of the market - certainly no decent ones anymore. I see OP is going with Android which makes sense but just a word of warning if anyone sees my posts about cheap windows tablets - just make sure its not Windows RT! Quite a few of those kicking about at the £80~£100 mark second hand and they are worthless (stuck on the old version of Edge with no better browser options and no effective support). A good example of this is Music magpie wanting £160 for a surface 2 - https://www.musicmagpie.co.uk/store/...8-9a5b1b2a9f61 - Only the pro are full windows in these early models so this is £160 overpriced.
    Trust

Laptop : Lenovo G505s A8-5550m 8Gb 240Gb SSD Radeon HD 8550G + Radeon HD 8570M dual graphics

Thanks

Re: Not enough memory or, Tablet dying?

Quote Originally Posted by cheesemp View Post
    Yes that was definitely the case. I think it might be changing though now. I've seen a few better spec'd ones now but only a few no name Chinese brands. I think Microsoft are getting less and less bothered by Windows licensing earnings but there are also less and less manufactures chasing the bottom end of the market - certainly no decent ones anymore. I see OP is going with Android which makes sense but just a word of warning if anyone sees my posts about cheap windows tablets - just make sure its not Windows RT! Quite a few of those kicking about at the £80~£100 mark second hand and they are worthless (stuck on the old version of Edge with no better browser options and no effective support). A good example of this is Music magpie wanting £160 for a surface 2 - https://www.musicmagpie.co.uk/store/...8-9a5b1b2a9f61 - Only the pro are full windows in these early models so this is £160 overpriced.

I would go for a decent windows tablet but i dont want to spend a lot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information