Thread: Windows Longhorn Bootable

MurphmanL

Windows Longhorn Bootable

Does anybody know how to make windows longhorn bootable from the BIOS? I can boot it from windows, but need to repartition my HD to install longhorn 4051 as it will overwrite and possibly screw my xp installation. I have the boot cd fix, and even info on how to apply it, but i still cannot seem to boot it. Im guessing in the end i shall have to split into two partitions, install longhorn on one, then delete and merge the other?

Any help on the boot fix would be appreciated.
    P.S this ISO does work, as my old one would not accept any serials. Thanks/

Triple Ox
    Thanks
    Longhorn is still alpha, are you part of the testing team? (doubt it). If not you shouldn't be posting things like this on here.... plus why would you want to use it anyway? Theres no advantage over Xp, well unless you count instability and unfinished features.

MurphmanL
    good points made there my friend... i was thinking of downgrading to win 2000 pro, but will it really make much difference over xp?

Triple Ox
    Thanks
    I've just never seen the point in using alpha/beta windows versions, the final product still has problems!

Personally I prefer Xp over 2000, although others might disagree. Theres not a great deal of difference in the two though, Xp just feels nicer to use for me. Why are you looking to change your os? Any reason, or just fancy a change?

Thanks
    I think it's pretty clear you haven't legally obtained your Longhorn CD. Discussion of illegal software is not permitted.
    Simon

Thread Information