• Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup

ESET Announce NOD32 Antivirus Version 3.0 and ESET Smart Security

Seems ESET have jumped on the all-in-one security solution bandwagon with ESET smart security offering Antivir/Antispy & Firewall in one package.
    ESET NOD32 Antivirus Version 3.0 and ESET Smart Security
    We're pleased to announce the release of ESET NOD32 Antivirus Version 3.0 and ESET Smart Security, a new, integrated security solution for consumers and SMEs, built on ESET’s award-winning advanced heuristic ThreatSense® detection system and the ESET NOD32 scanning engine.

ESET Smart Security is a fully integrated security solution that includes antivirus, anti-spyware, a personal firewall and antispam. While some competitive solutions purport to have similar functionality, ESET has developed a unique approach that provides true and full integration of point security solutions. The key advantage of this approach is that individual protection modules are able to communicate together seamlessly to create unparalleled synergy to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of protection. Moreover, the integrated architecture guarantees optimal utilisation of system resources, so ESET Smart Security continues our well know reputation for providing rock solid security in a small footprint that will not slow down your computer.

ESET Smart Security has already received a glowing review by John Hawes at Virus Bulletin (November 2007).

"ESET seems to have upped the ante considerably here. While NOD32 has always been a cutting-edge product in technical terms, usability has seemed very much an afterthought in previous versions, at least as far as general users were concerned. In a sudden leap, this new product has shaken off the complexity and actually taken something of a lead in terms of ease of use. The default settings put in place in a few easy steps during the installation seem ideal for general purpose use, information and alerting is clear and helpful without ever seeming intrusive or scare-mongering, and detailed configuration is about as straightforward and painless as such things can be. With the user experience reduced to an installation process, and possibly the occasional alert as another attack is spotted and blocked effortlessly, the unobtrusiveness is further enhanced by the product’s legendary lightning speed, miraculously unimpeded by the additional protection, keeping overheads to a level barely noticeable on modern high-powered systems. Lacking full behavioural monitoring may help minimize the slowdown, but with the level of in-depth analysis and emulation going on during scanning the performance is most impressive. As vendors release their latest 2008 product ranges, the addition of new supplementary modules seems to be all the rage, most suites now sprawling with diverse functionality, often at the expense of user-friendliness and occasionally posing dangers of their own. ESET has resisted the temptation to sprinkle in too many extras, focusing instead on the core requirements of a security system. Covering all the essential bases with a smoothly integrated set of protective barriers, the combination of top-of-the-range detection, response time, heuristics and throughput with excellent presentation and design will make Smart Security pretty hard to beat."

Home Editions (up to 4 licences) of ESET NOD32 Antivirus Version 3.0 and ESET Smart Security are available now. Business Editions (5+ licences) will be available from 26th November 2007.

Existing NOD32 users can upgrade to ESET NOD32 Antivirus Version 3.0 free of charge using your current Username and Password. The installer is available from . If you require a copy of your licence details these can be found at .

ESET Smart Security prevents, detects and removes malware such as adware, bots, rootkits, spyware, trojans, viruses, worms and other Internet threats you face on the job, at home and everywhere your computer goes. We'd highly recommend migrating to ESET Smart Security and for a limited time existing users can migrate at reduced cost by visiting https://secure.eset.co.uk/order/migratelicence.asp
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

2. Received thanks from:

med2003 (08-11-2007)

Gentoo Ricer
    Thanks
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Corsiar LPX 3000C15
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define C Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable

Re: ESET Announce NOD32 Antivirus Version 3.0 and ESET Smart Security

There goes the neighbourhood
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    ...every time Creative bring out a new card range their advertising makes it sound like they have discovered a way to insert a thousand Chuck Norris super dwarfs in your ears...

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU

Well i'd like to try it before writing it off - it might well be a lot better than similar offerings..
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

0iD
    Thanks
    • 0iD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Leave my mother out of it!
      • CPU:
      • If I knew what it meant?
      • Memory:
      • Wah?
      • Storage:
      • Cupboards and drawers
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Slate & chalk
      • PSU:
      • meh
      • Case:
      • Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup

Well the AV is a good quality proggy imo, but they're a bit unknown in the Firewall dept?
    No clues as to Vista x64 compatability, will have to do some digging.
    [
    When I say go, both walk in the opposite direction for 10 paces, draw handbags, then bitch-slap each other!

Gentoo Ricer
    Thanks
    • aidanjt's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Asus Strix Z370-G
      • CPU:
      • Intel i7-8700K
      • Memory:
      • 2x8GB Corsiar LPX 3000C15
      • Storage:
      • 500GB Samsung 960 EVO
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX 970 SC ACX 2.0
      • PSU:
      • EVGA G3 750W
      • Case:
      • Fractal Design Define C Mini
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10 Pro
      • Monitor(s):
      • Asus MG279Q
      • Internet:
      • 240mbps Virgin Cable

Quote Originally Posted by dangel View Post
    Well i'd like to try it before writing it off - it might well be a lot better than similar offerings..
    Perhaps, but the one thing that NOD32 did right was it was designed to do one thing, and do it really well. Once you try to make a swiss army knife out of software it ends up horribly wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    ...every time Creative bring out a new card range their advertising makes it sound like they have discovered a way to insert a thousand Chuck Norris super dwarfs in your ears...

Thanks
    • dangel's system
      • Motherboard:
      • See My Sig
      • CPU:
      • See My Sig
      • Memory:
      • See My Sig
      • Storage:
      • See My Sig
      • Graphics card(s):
      • See My Sig
      • PSU:
      • See My Sig
      • Case:
      • See My Sig
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 10
      • Monitor(s):
      • See My Sig
      • Internet:
      • 60mbit Sky LLU

Quote Originally Posted by aidanjt View Post
    Perhaps, but the one thing that NOD32 did right was it was designed to do one thing, and do it really well. Once you try to make a swiss army knife out of software it ends up horribly wrong.
    But some people need/want more than one piece of functionality so.. In any case it's not as though you can't still get the antivirus on it's own or even only install select modules.
    Don't panic Mr Mannering.
    Crosshair VIII Hero (WIFI), 3900x, 32GB DDR4, Many SSDs, EVGA FTW3 3090, Ethoo 719

0iD
    Thanks
    • 0iD's system
      • Motherboard:
      • Leave my mother out of it!
      • CPU:
      • If I knew what it meant?
      • Memory:
      • Wah?
      • Storage:
      • Cupboards and drawers
      • Graphics card(s):
      • Slate & chalk
      • PSU:
      • meh
      • Case:
      • Suit or Brief?
      • Operating System:
      • Brain
      • Monitor(s):
      • I was 1 at skool
      • Internet:
      • 28k Dialup

Quote Originally Posted by aidanjt View Post
    True, but they're only trying to compete (rightly or wrongly) with the likes of Norton, AVG & ZoneAlarm etc.

Does seem to be fully Vista compatible. Need some real world experiences.
    [

Thread Information