I have a secondary HDD with only one primary partition which is formatted using NTFS, it's 200GB. I used VDubMod to capture some video from my TV card (full spec below) and the resulting file was ~85GB, a bit excessive, but it was my first attempt at capturing a VHS video so I guess I'll use MJPEG next time. I switched my computer off and moved it back up to my usual computer room from the living room, and when I switched it on Windows decided that the whole drive was corrupted and needs formatting; it refuses to scandisk.

What kind of recovery software could I use to get back some (as much as possible) of my data? I'm not willing to just format and start fresh just yet as I have ~8GB of MP3s and can't be bothered ripping my whole collection for a 3rd time, I have some ripped DVDs which take too long to encode so I'd never get around to ripping them again and I have a bunch of fan movies I took aaaages downloading that are kind special to me (1.5GB on a 56k evenings and weekends only net connection; I can be patient at times )

My spec:

Windows 2000 SP4
VDubMod 1.5.10.1 (build 2366/release)
Latest ATI drivers downloaded yesterday
DirextX9.0b w/TV Tuner Patch

Shuttle SNG45 (Shuttle FN45 Motherboard)
AMD 3200+XP, 400MHz FSB
2x256MB Corsair Low Latency RAM, 400MHz
Pioneer 107D DVD/CD Burner (Secondary Slave)
80GB Seagate HDD with my Windows partition and a few others (Primary Master)
200GB Maxtor HDD which is where the problem lies (Secondary Master)
Hercules/ATI 9800SE 128MB A-i-W

[Note: I posted this on Doom9's VDubMod forum too, as I'm unsure of whether it's a problem VDubMod issue...]