Thread: Excel Form Label Errors

Thanks

Excel Form Label Errors

Hi,

I have a very annoying and frustrating problem with a Excel ICT project I am doing, which is made even worse by me knowing it has to be in at the end of easter holidays (end of next week)!

So here it goes I have the beginnings of a database for a company, and I have the staffs names, wages, id etc etc. From this information I am now using a form for easy access and editing (as I have several sheets linked) so I highlight what I want and the first row which is highlighted it takes as the labels. For when the form appears.

But now I have to make a macro which will automatically bring up the form for editing data, and heres the problem I will highlight my data and the correct labels appear (this is when recording the macro) but when I play back the macro it takes what I want as labels and puts them in the fields as data?! I have tried several things but nothing has worked.

So basically I want to know how to make a row become the form labels.

Hope you can understand what I am on about!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Lewis

[ iTomaHawk | My Music MySpace ]

Thanks
    To be honest m8 you are using the wrong program for this, its got access written all over it.

Would be much easier.

The other thing is m8 you aren't likely to get what you want by recording the macro, you are gonna have to have some VB knowledge.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by daniel_owen_uk
    To be honest m8 you are using the wrong program for this, its got access written all over it.

Would be much easier.

The other thing is m8 you aren't likely to get what you want by recording the macro, you are gonna have to have some VB knowledge.

It's an ICT project for school which i am following out of a book and later on in the project it then incorporates Access but the guy in the book managed to do it (but it looks like he has excel 2000) But I have Office 2003. So I should be able to do it, but it just wont work!

Well thanks anyways

Lewis

[ iTomaHawk | My Music MySpace ]

Thanks
    My bad thought it was for work

2nd hardest inthe infants petrefax's Avatar
    Thanks
    as daniel_owen_uk says mate - theres only so much you can do with the macro recorder in excel, eventually you have to dabble in the vb code a little, although to get started its useful to record macros that do specific tasks & then make them generic by tweaking the code afterwards (its a lot easier than learning to write vb by the end of easter at any rate )

if you've recorded the macro & its doing almost what you want, then a little tweak or two might put it right - if its not too h00ge, try posting the code
    if it ain't broke...fix it till it is

Thread Information