Thread: Retail availability of Force MP510?

Thanks
    • Richh's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ROG Maximus VIII Hero
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 6700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Dominator GT 3200
      • Storage:
      • Loads
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX970 FTW
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX860i
      • Case:
      • Custom Lubic-based open frame
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 Ultimate x64 / Win10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • ROG PG279Q, 2x Sony HDTV

Retail availability of Force MP510?

Hi folks - just wondering if anyone @Corsair knows when these (esp the 960GB) items are likely to be making their way into the retail channels (esp Scan in the UK)?

Their order's past its due date with no updated ETA - would be handy to know whether it's going to be soon or longer, as I need to get the build the SSD is intended for running soonish one way or t'other.

Thanks in advance for any info :-)
    BH6, BX6 2.0, BE6, BE6-II 2.0, ST6-RAID, BE6-II 2.0 (again), BD7-RAID, BD7II-RAID, IC7-G, IC7 Max3, AB9 QuadGT, IX38 QuadGT. IX58... Oh, b*ll*cks. RIP Abit

Thanks

Re: Retail availability of Force MP510?

Quote Originally Posted by Richh View Post
    Hi folks - just wondering if anyone @Corsair knows when these (esp the 960GB) items are likely to be making their way into the retail channels (esp Scan in the UK)?

Their order's past its due date with no updated ETA - would be handy to know whether it's going to be soon or longer, as I need to get the build the SSD is intended for running soonish one way or t'other.

Thanks in advance for any info :-)
    I too am very interested in this as I would prefer to order from the same place as other components.

Thanks
    • Richh's system
      • Motherboard:
      • ROG Maximus VIII Hero
      • CPU:
      • Core i7 6700K
      • Memory:
      • 16GB Corsair Dominator GT 3200
      • Storage:
      • Loads
      • Graphics card(s):
      • EVGA GTX970 FTW
      • PSU:
      • Corsair AX860i
      • Case:
      • Custom Lubic-based open frame
      • Operating System:
      • Win7 Ultimate x64 / Win10 Pro x64
      • Monitor(s):
      • ROG PG279Q, 2x Sony HDTV

Hi @Griffinix, I can answer that question for you now.

I see that Scan's website is still showing the MP510's as 'overdue'. However they *are* getting stock, presumably in limited enough quantity that they can only satisfy pre-orders. My pre-ordered drive turned up last Tuesday. Early experience with it is *very* favourable. Aside from the excellent performance, it also runs significantly cooler than other M.2 drives I've used.

Presumably retail availability will improve, but the bottom line is that they are out there. And in the current market look like an excellent buy.
    BH6, BX6 2.0, BE6, BE6-II 2.0, ST6-RAID, BE6-II 2.0 (again), BD7-RAID, BD7II-RAID, IC7-G, IC7 Max3, AB9 QuadGT, IX38 QuadGT. IX58... Oh, b*ll*cks. RIP Abit

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Richh View Post
    Hi @Griffinix, I can answer that question for you now.

I see that Scan's website is still showing the MP510's as 'overdue'. However they *are* getting stock, presumably in limited enough quantity that they can only satisfy pre-orders. My pre-ordered drive turned up last Tuesday. Early experience with it is *very* favourable. Aside from the excellent performance, it also runs significantly cooler than other M.2 drives I've used.

Presumably retail availability will improve, but the bottom line is that they are out there. And in the current market look like an excellent buy.
    Thanks for that.

Do you have any knowledge or experience of the 1TB version of the 970 evo? Looking at benchmarks online they are often closely matched however it is more expensive.

Thread Information