Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can Murray win his 2nd grand slam?

Banned
    Thanks

Can Murray win his 2nd grand slam?

It all begins tomorrow ..

But heres a wee interview with Andy that will melt your heart first .. ( this ones for you Saracean )

Admin (Ret'd)
    Thanks

Re: Can Murray win his 2nd grand slam?

If you think I have the slightest interest in any interview with any tennis player, you really don't know me.

I don't like Murray or his attitude, so I hope, to paraphrase Murray himself, that anyone but he wins. Beyond that, my disinterest in him, or anything Tennis related, is collosal. I don't care what's on, who plays who or who wins. And my interest ends there.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Saracen View Post
    If you think I have the slightest interest in any interview with any tennis player, you really don't know me.

I don't like Murray or his attitude, so I hope, to paraphrase Murray himself, that anyone but he wins. Beyond that, my disinterest in him, or anything Tennis related, is collosal. I don't care what's on, who plays who or who wins. And my interest ends there.
    Dont worry , I know you've been eagerly awaiting for a piece of Murray action.

Spreadie

I do hope Murray can win Wimbledon. I'd like to see him beat Nadal in a major final.

I'm not a Tennis fan, but I make the effort for Wimbledon.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spreadie View Post
    I do hope Murray can win Wimbledon. I'd like to see him beat Nadal in a major final.

I'm not a Tennis fan, but I make the effort for Wimbledon.
    Yeah , if he can win ( esp againt Nadal ) it would really help , otherwise people are going to inevitably say the US was more of a fluke the longer it takes to hopefully win a second , and hes too good IMO to be labelled that , trouble is hes in the toughest group too ( nadal, federer and murray all in the same half )

Stupid really given Ferrers record at Wimbledon , and will prob mean an anticlimax final unless Djoker gets through ( which he should ) but you never know..

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by melon View Post
    Yeah , if he can win ( esp againt Nadal ) it would really help , otherwise people are going to inevitably say the US was more of a fluke the longer it takes to hopefully win a second , and hes too good IMO to be labelled that , trouble is hes in the toughest group too ( nadal, federer and murray all in the same half )
    Make that just Federer now.. good news for Murray , but bad for the tournament IMO.

Banned
    Thanks

Laura Robson on just now against 10th seed .. wont be an easy match for her but hopefully she can do it , her serve and forehand are big weapons but her movement / mind is another ?

Banned
    Thanks

Re: Can Murray win his 2nd grand slam?( The Red Wednesday )

Whole tournament has changed after the massacre on Wednesday and heres why..

Never ever seen a day like that in tennis , let alone a GS in all my years , even if I did make some good £££ on bets

Unless Murray or Djoker slip up Id expect to see a rematch of their US Open , as for Feds or Nadals future after this who knows ?

Spreadie

Unless Murray or Djoker slip up Id expect to see a rematch of their US Open , as for Feds or Nadals future after this who knows ?
    Definitely Murray's best chance to nick a Wimbledon title to date. I'm not convinced this means anything to the futures of Federer or Nadal - everyone has a bad day now and again - just an oddball coincidence.

The downside of a Murray victory is the incessant whining of people who'll call it a hollow title because Roger and Rafa weren't there. To those humbugs, I would say "Yes, they were there, but they weren't good enough to stay there!"

Banned
    Thanks

Definitely Murray's best chance to nick a Wimbledon title to date. I'm not convinced this means anything to the futures of Federer or Nadal - everyone has a bad day now and again - just an oddball coincidence.

The downside of a Murray victory is the incessant whining of people who'll call it a hollow title because Roger and Rafa weren't there. To those humbugs, I would say "Yes, they were there, but they weren't good enough to stay there!"
    Exactly... besides if anything there will be more pressure on Murray now than ever to win ( any one whose played with even a small handicap in sports knows how tough that can be )and there are still some players who can very dangerous on their day like that big pole and Gulbis ( who took a 6-0 set off Nadal on clay )

So no cake walk by any means , as the lack of seeds means these other guys will be really fired up too.

Porto and Berdych must be really peed off ( they are the very two sort of guys Murray should of had to face in a semi ) nevermind still a long way to go ...

Banned
    Thanks

So Robson and Murray both made it through today... I never saw Murray play but it looks like he went to town on the Robredro ( whose admittedly long of sword )

Djoker has got quite a tough lot to get through potentially so hopefully one or two of them can soften him up a bit.

Haven't looked at Robsons draw but its nice to see someone else going into the 2nd week , who knows maybe we'll even have Double honours like Becker & Graf .

This ones for you Saracean
    Last edited by melon; 28-06-2013 at 10:41 PM.

Banned
    Thanks

No more Robson ...alas but Murrays through to the quaterfinals to face Tobasco ....

The late but legendary peterb - Onward and Upward peterb's Avatar
    Thanks

No more Robson ...alas but Murrays through to the quaterfinals to face Tobasco ....
    Hot stuff!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Been helped or just 'Like' a post? Use the Thanks button!
    My broadband speed - 750 Meganibbles/minute

Spreadie

Verdasco's relatively low current ranking is quite deceiving. Fair enough, his form has dropped off in the last few years but I do remember him as a left hander with a wicked forehand.

I think Murray might drop his first set of the tournament to this Spaniard. I do hope I'm wrong.

Gutted for Robson, but she went down fighting. She's going to get better and better.

Banned
    Thanks

Verdasco's relatively low current ranking is quite deceiving. Fair enough, his form has dropped off in the last few years but I do remember him as a left hander with a wicked forehand. .

I think Murray might drop his first set of the tournament to this Spaniard. I do hope I'm wrong.
    Tabasco could be dangerous indeed , his forehand and backhand when its on can be weapons , and he might have caught a 2nd wind resurge nce of sorts.

I see him possibly taking a set and it even going to 5th , it depends for all Murrays work he is not a natural striker ( which is why the other top 3 usually beat him ) so if he gets edgy theres always that chance his forehand could go passive or off .

Does Tobasco have the consistency and mental strength though ?

For an upset I say yes - to win Wimbledon no

I think Murrays real threat could be that big pole ( if he beats the other pole Kobot )

Robson did well , but it was bit disappointing it didnt at least go to 3 - shes with Murrays old coach ( no - not Brad Gilbert

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Hot stuff!
    SO they say , I thought you were straight though , or does your chainsaw swing both ways ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information