You may have noticed that my sig has changed slightly. Yes, the .tech-news stuff is still there, but I've added an "excuse generator".

Now, I'd like to take this opportunity to tell the story of from where this all came.

I used to work in a Cyber Caffe (first ever job I had.) It was pretty boring, given that the company priced themselves beyond anybodys interest in the place, but still, it was fun at times.

One of my colleagues, who is now a friend, introduced me to the wonders of BOFH. For current BOFH articles check out The Register, as that's where the creator, Mr. Travaglia, publishes the latest stuff.

Anyway, given a bit of spare time during the week, my friend produced a BOFH style excuse generator and set it as the active desktop on the computer next to the till. Oh, we had such fun creating new excuses to put in.

Alas, all good things come to an end, and I left, then the place closed down and my friend left too (not that he had a choice at that time, of course.) Luckily, the excuse generator lived on, stored away on both of our computers.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, and my friend decides he wants the excuses we created up on his website, but as part of an existing page. I knocked together a database/PHP version of the excuse generator to use as an include, and things were like the good old days again.

From there, just the other day, I decided to have a play with PHP Image functions, and using the same database, create the new addition to my sig.

So, if ever any of my posts seem a bit odd (erm... this one, then!) just refer to my signature, where you'll find a perfectly plausible excuse (honest.)