Thread: Why I don't like NDAs

Thanks

Why I don't like NDAs

Actually, let me correct myself before I even start. I don't have a problem with NDAs themselves, it what happens when that NDA is lifted. Take today, and the NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT Launch. When an NDA is lifted, everything kicks off at once.

So there I am, not long before the NDA is lifted, prepping e-mails, news posts, links and so on, just like half of the world's online tech press. NDA gets lifted and whoosh everybody rushes to get their content in place. Add to that the creation of the HEXUS.competition and there's a lot of things to do at once.

My computer may support multitasking, but I think I could do with a couple more processors in my head.

Still, once it's all done, you can sit back and think 'hey, that was cool!' and it is cool. It's great when it all falls into place. The reviewer has done his (superb) reviewing, the other guys have organised a fantastic competition and once my job of sorting the publishing of the review is done, we can be proud of what we've achieved.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

iMc
    Thanks
    Think about the readers having to sift through 10's of reviews at once finding out out the latest info and statistics! hehe

Seriously I can well imagine such launches are a nightmare, but you guys ALWAYS do a sterling effort with them, and trust me it shows.

Good work as always, and THANKS!
    HEXUS|iMc

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by iMc
    Think about the readers having to sift through 10's of reviews at once
    Like these? I always chuckle when my inbox suddenly explodes with e-mails. The only time it normally does that is when Ziff Davis send out their mailshots - they do all of them at once, so that can be as many as 15 e-mails within the space of a couple of minutes.

Thanks for the support iMc, it's much appreciated.
    PHP Code:
    $s = new signature();
    $s->sarcasm()->intellect()->font('Courier New')->display(); 

Team HEXUS.net
    Thanks
    I don't have much love for NDAs myself. Writing to a deadline, usually without ample time to do the job I want, isn't my idea of fun.

It's a hard life, Kez, but someone has to to it.

Treasure Hunter extraordinaire herulach's Avatar
    Thanks
    • herulach's system
      • Motherboard:
      • MSI Z97 MPower
      • CPU:
      • i7 4790K
      • Memory:
      • 8GB Vengeance LP
      • Storage:
      • 1TB WD Blue + 250GB 840 EVo
      • Graphics card(s):
      • 2* Palit GTX 970 Jetstream
      • PSU:
      • EVGA Supernova G2 850W
      • Case:
      • CM HAF Stacker 935, 2*360 Rad WC Loop w/EK blocks.
      • Operating System:
      • Windows 8.1
      • Monitor(s):
      • Crossover 290HD & LG L1980Q
      • Internet:
      • 120mb Virgin Media
    Ah, but without NDAs you wouldnt get to play with all the shiny new toys before everyone else does.

Rys
    Tiled
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kez
    The reviewer has done his (superb) reviewing, the other guys have organised a fantastic competition and once my job of sorting the publishing of the review is done, we can be proud of what we've achieved.
    Cheers dude! I hope people realise that it's a massive team effort to publish what we publish. I might have written the 7800 GT preview but that's after:

Discussing progress with PD, working with David to extract everything I need from NVIDIA, working with Tarinder while we go over the new hardware so we're on the same page when he's handed the roundup hardware, working on my own to get it tested and written, then work with you to make sure we publish on time and get the correct words written for the news post and mailshot! Andy needs to be in the loop with regards any collaborations we might be doing for a product launch. Nick needs to keep on top of new hardware so he can tailor his PC games content, so I work with him on that.

Then it's all handed over to the forum team who have to deal with the feedback which I can't monitor all day because I've got to move on to the next thing. *deep breath* I'll work with at least half a dozen people without fail, every time I put fingers to keys and we publish.

We could all do with a spare brain or two, or at the very least really hot secretaries to make us tea and mop our, erm, brows, as we slave away at this internet thingy

Massive team effort. We should do "Bring a Forum Member To Work" so you guys can see what it's like. Utter madness most of the time.
    MOLLY AND POPPY!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys
    We should do "Bring a Forum Member To Work" so you guys can see what it's like.
    Shotgun!

Thread Information