Thread: Cannot uninstall/enable/reinstall sysuser module

Thanks

Cannot uninstall/enable/reinstall sysuser module

I just got my n5200pro. I dropped the sshd, rsync, and sysuser modules on the device. It looks like the sysuser module got messed up. I cannot uninstall, enable, or reinstall the module. I tried uninstalling ALL the modules even. Everything but SYSUSER will uninstall.

The module description of this thing is weird too:
    Name SYSUSER
    Version 2.00.00
    Description Enable RSYNC
    Size 0B
    Authors Andreas Vogel (omega)
    Web Site ht tp://onbeat.dk/thecus/index.php/N5200_Module:_RSYNC

rsync?? 0b?? yea...

So is there anyway to fix this? I just got the device so completely blowing it away wouldn't be the worst thing.

Thanks

Re: Cannot uninstall/enable/reinstall sysuser module

If Your device is new and no data on it - just rebuild the raid - the modules and the module database is stored on the raid, so if you destroy it and rebuild it everything will be cleared.
    b r
    Peter

Thanks

thanks peter! this is certainly a good fix for this case. However, I would like to know a better fix incase this happens again. Having the SSHD or SYSUSER get in this state makes it pretty hard to fix. Any other module would be easy to fix assuming SSHD or SYSUSER were working.

Thanks

edit: ignore this last post. The module management showed up in the menu after the RAID finished rebuilding. The only question remaining is: how would I have solved the original problem without wiping out the entire raid? This would be valuable information to have.

Alright. Good news is that it worked. I now have SYSUSER and SSHD working properly!

Bad new is that I no longer have the Module management page in the web interface. I can manually hit it from ht tp://192.168.1.100/adm/getform.html?name=module though. The only thing that is different right now is that I told the RAID to take up 100% of the disk instead of 95% and that the RAID is currently in the middle of rebuild (going to take a good 10 hours to complete).

md1 : active raid5 sde2[4] sdd2[3] sdc2[2] sdb2[1] sda2[0]
    2922448128 blocks level 5, 64k chunk, algorithm 2 [5/5] [UUUUU]
    [===>.................] resync = 18.5% (135202432/730612032) finish=545.6min speed=18184K/sec

md0 : active raid1 sde1[4] sdd1[3] sdc1[2] sdb1[1] sda1[0]
    1959808 blocks [5/5] [UUUUU]
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 09-09-2007 at 09:00 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    .....The only question remaining is: how would I have solved the original problem without wiping out the entire raid? This would be valuable information to have.
    I assume Your original problem was a corrupted module database. The only solution for this is to clean the database and start with a fresh one. There exists a module on the Thecus Wiki pages (http://onbeat.dk/thecus/index.php/N5200_Module_List ) which was originally written from omega to remove the /raid/data/module directory - this is the directory where all the modules are stored. After a reboot the N5200 checks if thsi directory exists and if not creates a new one. I've no idea if this module (RENMOD) is working on FW 2.00.xx versions - it was working on the first release the module management was introduced (I think it was FW 1.00.06.5). This module must be installed as FW Upgrade and it only renames the /raid/data/module to /raid/data/module.save.
    br
    Peter

Thanks

good to know
    thanks peter!

Thread Information